Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-05-2022, 10:37 PM   #15
The SS Godfather

Drives: 2010 CAMARO RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeinSWFL View Post
Some people called me crazy for thinking about this but I presently have a 6th Gen ZL1 vert with 23K on her. The payment is a bit steep and I have been thinking about getting a 2014 ZL1 vert.
I found one on Vroom with under 10K for 44K. Vroom wants to give me 55K trade in allowance and I owe 36K on my 2018. I'm looking for a lower payment which the 2014 will give me. I posted this question on a 6th gen forum and everyone thought I was crazy for downgrading to a 5th gen after having a 6th gen Z. I do realize I would be going to a somewhat slower and heavier vehicle.
Kinda pisses me off that the 6th gen group pisses all over the 5th gen Z's.

My question is should I go for it? I do love the styling of the 5th Gen Z's.

https://www.vroom.com/inventory/chev...5E9802320?b=gp
Why not , basically not much different except shape wise as all very similar with some in cockpit difference 😉
The SS Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 09:09 AM   #16
Nmbr1gmfan

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
- You would still be making payments. Banks don't like to loan if at all, on such a model year old car. How many years they stretch the payments are shorter too, so I assume payments wouldn't drop that much, could be higher even if e.g. only 24mo term.
I would disagree with silversleeper on this point. My daughter bought a '12 ZL1, financed it @ 3% and they offered as long as 6 years on the term. I would actually prefer a 5th gen over a 6th gen, but that's just a personal preference.
Old 05-06-2022, 12:10 PM   #17
jbanks1124

Drives: 2014 ZL1 Convertible M6 RRM
The fact that you still are looking after a few months mean that you know what you want to do in your heart. If you’re looking for that extra touch of rarity look on ZL1 registry and check out how many were made in the spec you’re looking at. As for the low mileage examples, these cars are pretty robust, as long as there no mods I wouldn’t hesitate. The 5th gen zl1 is wayyy better looking in my opinion so I don’t blame you. I’ve had three 5th gen Zl1’s. Most recent being my 14 ZL1 convertible with the M6. It’s red rock metallic, which they only made 36 of that year in convertible form, assuming even less with the m6. See that’s where the rarity part comes in, it’s a damn cool feeling! You just won’t get that with a 6th gen Z.

In regards to the money side, my ZL1 that I have now is on a 60/mo loan that I can payoff whenever I want and at 3% through my credit union I’ve done better than some friends with new car Apr’s. The financing can be had on these cars but a credit union will help tremendously. You just want to do this sooner than later because a lot of banks don’t like cars over ten years old. So 2012 and up for now. Which fits your 5th gen ZL1 situation perfectly.

Lastly, these cars come with everything you need feature wise. They have a heads up display, good speakers, supercharger gauges for a retro touch and they have Bluetooth audio and heated seats. They’re just awesome and you can’t beat the sound of an LSA! I’ve had 2 5th gen ZL1 convertibles so ask away! Here’s my keeper car:
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2022, 03:37 PM   #18
JoeinSWFL

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbanks1124 View Post
The fact that you still are looking after a few months mean that you know what you want to do in your heart. If you’re looking for that extra touch of rarity look on ZL1 registry and check out how many were made in the spec you’re looking at. As for the low mileage examples, these cars are pretty robust, as long as there no mods I wouldn’t hesitate. The 5th gen zl1 is wayyy better looking in my opinion so I don’t blame you. I’ve had three 5th gen Zl1’s. Most recent being my 14 ZL1 convertible with the M6. It’s red rock metallic, which they only made 36 of that year in convertible form, assuming even less with the m6. See that’s where the rarity part comes in, it’s a damn cool feeling! You just won’t get that with a 6th gen Z.

In regards to the money side, my ZL1 that I have now is on a 60/mo loan that I can payoff whenever I want and at 3% through my credit union I’ve done better than some friends with new car Apr’s. The financing can be had on these cars but a credit union will help tremendously. You just want to do this sooner than later because a lot of banks don’t like cars over ten years old. So 2012 and up for now. Which fits your 5th gen ZL1 situation perfectly.

Lastly, these cars come with everything you need feature wise. They have a heads up display, good speakers, supercharger gauges for a retro touch and they have Bluetooth audio and heated seats. They’re just awesome and you can’t beat the sound of an LSA! I’ve had 2 5th gen ZL1 convertibles so ask away! Here’s my keeper car:

Thanks for the good reply Jbanks! I love your Z, she's beautiful!! The one up in Tampa Jaguar is a red rock metallic which I believe is the same as yours and its an M6. Bone stock also. They got me financed but at a high interest rate of almost 8%. Im going to try this credit union that I know of that will finance me at 3.2%.
JoeinSWFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 11:45 PM   #19
jbanks1124

Drives: 2014 ZL1 Convertible M6 RRM
That’s awesome. Red rock is a beautiful color in the sun and handsome in the shade. Looks really good at night with the taillights lit up. The reason I bought my car was because I had regretted selling my 2013 Inferno Orange ZL1 convertible so bad that I had to get another one. Ended up with my 2014. Think about it, there’s not many cars out there that offer a convertible top, a supercharged V8, a 6 speed manual and 600hp. And with the way the industry is going, there likely won’t be any cars like this in a few years. I just like having something that not everyone has. And I’ve spent the past few months adding little touches like the rotofab intake, alcantara wheel and shift knob/boot, an E2 elite engineering catch can, front rock guards to match the rears, and I also installed the Borla ATAK catback on it as well. They told me it wasn’t going to fit because of the extra undercarriage bracing, but it did fit and when i trimmed 3/4” off the system it tucked those 4” pipes in just like OEM. I have another thread on that. Way more crackles and pops now! With the 6 speed it’s intoxicating. Point is, there’s a lot that can be enjoyed with these cars. My future plan is to get the polished aluminum wheels off the internet and then mount 295/35/20 front and 315/35/20 rear Michelin Pilot Sport 4s’s on it.

As for financing, yes find a good credit union and they will save you alot. I bought my Camaro at Faulkner Chevrolet up in Lancaster and did it through a good CU. Couldn’t believe they got me 3%. Was very happy! Here’s another shot, this bad boy is my keeper car! I love my license plates by the way, cars names is Roxanne and the “ROCKZL1” is for Red Rock Metallic!
Attached Images

Last edited by jbanks1124; 05-06-2022 at 11:58 PM.
jbanks1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 12:19 AM   #20
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
I've always thought the Gen 5 had that retro look and that's why I like it. Yea, I changed my rear taillights out, but I'm not touching the front, It's perfect. The LSA is easy to get a few more ponies somewhat cheap too
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 07:29 AM   #21
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I am that guy that went from a 6th Gen ZL1 to a 5th Gen SS. I did it cause I was disappointed with the 1/4 mile times of the manual ZL1. The A10 is a half sec faster from real world results! The 6th Gen ZL1 was a great car overall but my goal was to build modify a stock SS and make it faster then my ZL1. I did fall in love with the look of the 5th gen afterwards and do love the looks of the 5th gen ZL1. Either way do what's best for you!!
2011 Camaro 2SS, 6.0 iron block forged bottom end, Dart heads, BTR intake, Huron twin turbo kit, Summit stage 3 twin turbo cam, Circle D stage 4 6L90, 3800 FTI converter. BMR suspension, Viking coil overs, Fore triple pump fuel system.
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote