Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #15
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Thanks for posting the details of why this one is different than other spacers out there.

For those that want to knock it, that's fine. I know where you are coming from on your way of thinking. Like other companies, Vararam invests R&D time into products that don't pan out and kills those long before they ever reach the market. Ask yourself why they would bother releasing something that showed no gains while still backing it up with a performance warranty?

Here are the pictures I promised of it installed with the VR intake. I have a different colored connecting hose (same material though as the one that ships with the intake) that is a bit longer than the original hose. You can see that it is notched around the MAF block but other than that it's the same as what came in the box.
Attached Images

Old 06-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #16
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
When you are at WOT, the ECM says the throttle is at 88%. I'll bet $20 that this "spacer" will correct it so that it reads 100% at WOT.

You can flame them all you want, but I know Vararam wouldn't have invested/built these if they didn't work.

Someone needs to verify this with a obd scanner. I believe you can log this function.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #17
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Sorry - but without validation evidence it appears to be just more "sales fluff".....:emoticon7:

With the HP/TQ numbers you mention, why not demonstrate your integrity & ethical proof instead of words like "stun", "feel", "go", etc.

Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #18
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
Sorry - but without validation evidence it appears to be just more "sales fluff".....:emoticon7:

With the HP/TQ numbers you mention, why not demonstrate your integrity & ethical proof instead of words like "stun", "feel", "go", etc.
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #19
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
When you are at WOT, the ECM says the throttle is at 88%. I'll bet $20 that this "spacer" will correct it so that it reads 100% at WOT.

You can flame them all you want, but I know Vararam wouldn't have invested/built these if they didn't work.
Does this let the TB open 10% more?
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #20
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vararam.com View Post
Great write up. Nice pictures as well.

We have let a few of these out over the past few months for people to test. We have been testing them in house for well over a year now.
It was born from our VRX intake manifold program .
It's called the "SUPER WEDGE"

Dyno gains on stock LS-3 cars has shown min gains of 10hp and 10 ftlbs of Torque with as much as 18+ftlbs and 14+ rear wheel HP from 2500-4000RPM! That's real power you can feel!
Modified cars with head and cam packages and or superchargers have shown even greater gains through the power curve.

Our web guys are running way behind but they are trying to bring the page live as it will answer many tech questions but here is the bottom line.

YOUR Throttle body is at an 8 deg angle of attack. The blade sits inside the manifold 1 inch deep when at WOT. The blade is sitting at an 8 deg angle blocking max airflow on the bottom section of the intake manifold.
There is as much as a 10% flow increase as measured on The MAF on a running car!
It does not matter who's throttle body you are running we have applications from stock to 102MM and it will work with them all even supercharged applications.

CNC machined from Zytel plastic right here in Houston TX !

This is a multiple Patent Pending product that has patents filed on everything from its angle to its variable Venturi . The Spacer will absolutely stun you with its Torque and HP improvement.

(When installed on a VR equipped Car the spacer will space the MAF closer to the throttle body richening up the Air Fuel by 4-5% . This does cost you some of the total power gain by about 5hp&5-6 ftlbs of Torque. This can obviously be tuned out for max power gains . When used with other cone and pipe style intakes this does not occur so the full power gain is realized without any need to correct the air fuel. Just bolt it on and GO!)
I have some dyno testing coming up soon. If you want to send me one of these I will post independent results. The dyno reads would be by GoodGuys in Cambell CA using a chassis dyno. I also can do logging to verify the WOT theory.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #21
sales@vararam.com

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post

We will be posting the Dyno Graphs from England Green shortly - that will show the real numbers!
sales@vararam.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #22
sales@vararam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Thanks for posting the details of why this one is different than other spacers out there.

For those that want to knock it, that's fine. I know where you are coming from on your way of thinking. Like other companies, Vararam invests R&D time into products that don't pan out and kills those long before they ever reach the market. Ask yourself why they would bother releasing something that showed no gains while still backing it up with a performance warranty?

Here are the pictures I promised of it installed with the VR intake. I have a different colored connecting hose (same material though as the one that ships with the intake) that is a bit longer than the original hose. You can see that it is notched around the MAF block but other than that it's the same as what came in the box.
Thanks Shannon - we would not release a product just to put on market!!! All products are PERFORMANCE GUARANTEED - they work!!! Will post the dyno graphs shortly!!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #23
axis
Search Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vararam.com View Post
We will be posting the Dyno Graphs from England Green shortly - that will show the real numbers!
Weren't The VR CAI's "dyno proven" too, until NO ONE was able to reproduce anywhere near your numbers? After that, the numbers were derived from track times.

You know independent testing is what tells the real story.
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)

Old 06-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #24
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Does this let the TB open 10% more?
No. But the Super Wedge corrects the 8% incline that the TB has. So when you are WOT the throttle body blade is perfectly flat.

And to the earlier post about logging data to validate. The 88% is proven, you can ask Tracy at RX Performance
Old 06-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #25
ITGuy11
Burning up tires

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert
Why would GM specifically have the TB at an 8 degree angle if it causes a 10hp loss???
ITGuy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #26
axis
Search Ninja

Quote:
No. But the Super Wedge corrects the 8% incline that the TB has. So when you are WOT the throttle body blade is perfectly flat.

And to the earlier post about logging data to validate. The 88% is proven, you can ask Tracy at RX Performance
It may be perfectly flat but that's because the "wedge" readjusts the TB angle. How would that alow the TB blade to make up 10% on the reading? Isn't the TB position sensor built into the TB motor? Common sense says this will allow the air to go straight back instead of slightly angling upwards. I don't see how this is an advantage on a intake that redirects the flow around the intake anyway.
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)

Old 06-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #27
sales@vararam.com

Claims and validation are all we ever do, more so than any other company in the after market that we have ever seen in 10yrs . We put it in writing and back it up, thats why VRs are on the fastest cars in the country.

The TB is not what is at an angle, its the intake manifolds neck on an LS-3,LS-2 and LS-7. This is done to clear different water pump combinations as the pump is different on different cars. Thats why there are different spacers for different applications. The fast manifold has 1 inch added to its neck over the OEM LS-3 to do the same thing, add clearance for the blade to breath on the back side. That is where a lot of its flow comes from.

Upon its official rollout you will be able to see a cutaway of the intake manifold with the TB blade open with and without the wedge in place. There will also be EFI Live Logs as well as other testing data.

The results and testing are there for the world to see.
Is your car quicker at 92% VE or 100%VE? does your ported throttle body flow better at 92% or 100% VE?
Old 06-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #28
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab

Are these on the market yet, I don't see them on the VR website? I'm not completely sold on the idea of a throttle body spacer that actually does something, but I see the theory behind this one... I wouldn't mind testing one on the dyno when I go to do more intake testing here in the near future.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote