Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-24-2017, 07:08 PM   #1
NeedlessKane

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM
2010 LS3 -Flowmaster Outlaw cat back - clearance issues

Hey everyone - I'm attempting my first cat back install and I'm banging my head against the wall on clearance issues. Specifically the drive side pipe, where the fuel tank bolt goes through the heatshield near the front of the rear tire. The pipe is touching that bolt and I've changed the orientation of the pipes but no luck.

Any tricks or is just trial and error until I find the right combo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1994 Mazda Miata
NeedlessKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:44 PM   #2
avido

Drives: camaro ss\rs
you shouldn't get this clearance issues. the only thing is the lower brace. i didn't put it on back.

can you take a picture?
2014 camaro SS Whipple powered ,3.750 pulley,ID850, CAI,Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust,MGW racing shifter,Bo White ported tb,MightyMouse Catch Can,Vitesse throttle controller,GM 3.91 rear end, Dynatech longtube haders, BTR Pd cam,Fluidampr stock pulley,ZL1 fuel pump and ADM fpcm, Phastek scoop and fluid thank relocation Bmr Motor mount . Tuned by Mastuning

avido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:00 PM   #3
NeedlessKane

Quote:
Originally Posted by avido View Post
you shouldn't get this clearance issues. the only thing is the lower brace. i didn't put it on back.

can you take a picture?

Thanks for the reply!

I went out to take a pic this morning and re did everything and ended up with enough clearance everywhere.

Sounds awesome!
1994 Mazda Miata
Old 06-25-2017, 03:13 PM   #4
avido

Drives: camaro ss\rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlessKane View Post
Thanks for the reply!

I went out to take a pic this morning and re did everything and ended up with enough clearance everywhere.

Sounds awesome!
I bet it sounds agressive. i have the america thunder and it's awesome. i'm glad you managed to put it on. do you have the longtube? i wanted to get the outlaw but thank god i didn't buy it since with the cam and the exhaust it would have been too loud.
2014 camaro SS Whipple powered ,3.750 pulley,ID850, CAI,Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust,MGW racing shifter,Bo White ported tb,MightyMouse Catch Can,Vitesse throttle controller,GM 3.91 rear end, Dynatech longtube haders, BTR Pd cam,Fluidampr stock pulley,ZL1 fuel pump and ADM fpcm, Phastek scoop and fluid thank relocation Bmr Motor mount . Tuned by Mastuning

avido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:18 PM   #5
NeedlessKane

Quote:
Originally Posted by avido View Post
I bet it sounds agressive. i have the america thunder and it's awesome. i'm glad you managed to put it on. do you have the longtube? i wanted to get the outlaw but thank god i didn't buy it since with the cam and the exhaust it would have been too loud.

Oh man. Going from stock to this is insane haha. 2nd and 3rd gear are hateful haha. Super insane.

Love it so far!

No long tube - just cat back.
1994 Mazda Miata