Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-03-2017, 02:48 PM   #15
PFL

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Official SCT View Post
I double checked the available PIDs for this vehicle before submitting the ticket and found the following.

Make sure you have DB version 106 or newer and those should be showing up for you. Depending on how old the database is you may have to uninstall and install a fresh download from our website to get it to properly update. You can download LiveLink from this link

https://az824306.vo.msecnd.net/softw...ink_Gen-II.exe
Absolutely negative. There is no PID% ethanol. Already tested on other computers, I downloaded livelink. For the 2011 camaro with ECU 12639270 you did not leave the PID available. Other guys are facing the same problem as me. need help . thank you
Attached Images

PFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:18 PM   #16
PFL

I selected all (Strategy / OS PN) for Chevrolet vehicles. SCT does not provide Ethanol% "PID" for GM cars. I honestly do not know where you were able to find this PID. It is found in all Ford. Please, will your equipment be available to us? As I said, I have to use Hptuners to do this E85 reading. I'm disappointed with livelink.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:04 PM   #17
PFL

Again I get no answers from SCT. I bought equipment that does not give adequate support for my modifications. I think it would be respectful to SCT to at least inform future customers that there is no such option of "PID Ethanol%" in any GM vehicle using Livelink.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:24 PM   #18
Soonerfan77

Drives: Black 2014 Camaro SS
Dynosteve is the man. My L99 kicks ass now. I got a tune for my SCT x4 from him. Worth the money.
Soonerfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:25 PM   #19
Mdp

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFL View Post
Again I get no answers from SCT. I bought equipment that does not give adequate support for my modifications. I think it would be respectful to SCT to at least inform future customers that there is no such option of "PID Ethanol%" in any GM vehicle using Livelink.

I sold my sct x4, product really crap. I found several problems in the datalog, I tried to contact the sct, and whenever they have no answer they just do not answer the email or phone calls. Today I use HPtuners, HPTuners FTW
Mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:27 AM   #20
Official SCT

Drives: n/a
If you click the button in the very top left hand corner of Livelink what does it say under DB version.

Last edited by Official SCT; 05-09-2017 at 08:26 AM.
Official SCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:26 PM   #21
PFL

Quote:
If you click the button int he very top left hand corner of Livelink what does it say under DB version.

Dear SCT Support Friend, what's your name? I have the (Livelink V.2.8.0.5) is the most current version possible. Do not you know your tool? It is the same for us 2. I need "PID ethanol%". Talk to your developer, find a solution for us GM camaros. Thanks
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2017, 08:26 AM   #22
Official SCT

My name is Kevin. I was looking specifically for the DB version which can be out of date even if the main program itself isn't.

I went ahead and updated my database to match your's and the PID is showing up for me still. There must be some sort of issue with the PID when it goes to verify the PID with a vehicle involved.

I've opened ticket LG-314 for this issue.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:49 PM   #23
PFL

Quote:
My name is Kevin. I was looking specifically for the DB version which can be out of date even if the main program itself isn't.

I went ahead and updated my database to match your's and the PID is showing up for me still. There must be some sort of issue with the PID when it goes to verify the PID with a vehicle involved.

I've opened ticket LG-314 for this issue.
I'm in contact with many SCT owners, tuners. No one has this pids available for GM vehicles. Database is not outdated. Has been installed on other computers that have never installed Livelink. It is not an isolated case. His tool does not have this "PID ethanol%" for GM cars. Please update us as soon as possible with this solution, We count on you for solution. thank you
Old 05-10-2017, 08:43 PM   #24
Mdp

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFL View Post
I'm in contact with many SCT owners, tuners. No one has this pids available for GM vehicles. Database is not outdated. Has been installed on other computers that have never installed Livelink. It is not an isolated case. His tool does not have this "PID ethanol%" for GM cars. Please update us as soon as possible with this solution, We count on you for solution. thank you
I've opened several tickets with you. Never been answered. Will this be another SCT failure? You're stating that Livelink does the reading, but that's not true. Even the guy showing you, you still insists that you do. How many more days do you need to answer a simple question? I'm sorry this livelink tool does not support reading the E85 for GM vehicles. Dear user PFL save this sct in the trash, do not waste your time with this bad equipment.
Mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:08 AM   #25
Official SCT

I explained that I must have gotten different results because I don't have a vehicle to test on. It's clear that he doesn't have the PID I was seeing even with the latest update so I opened a ticket up with engineering.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:10 PM   #26
PFL

Quote:
I explained that I must have gotten different results because I don't have a vehicle to test on. It's clear that he doesn't have the PID I was seeing even with the latest update so I opened a ticket up with engineering.

Great answer. I hope there is a solution as soon as possible and that livelink makes available the "ethanol%" reading for gm vehicles. awaiting. thank you
Old 05-14-2017, 01:31 AM   #27
macnroxy

Drives: 2015 2ss
Have a l99 2015 ss. Have a cold air kit, and muffler delete. How much can I safely bump the shift pressures, should I play with the timing, I will eventually get a custom tune but may wait till I get headers.
macnroxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:40 AM   #28
Official SCT

All of the adjustable options are there for your to experiment and the results are going to vary by vehicle. That being said you should be safe up to ~20% increased shift pressure. As far as timing goes I'd be more careful with that. You could bump it up a degree or 2 and see how it drives. If you get any knock dial it back 2 degrees for safety.