Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-02-2015, 01:13 PM   #57
Cam_Cam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI View Post
So theoretically you can take a paintcode off a car and mix a dip just like you would regular auto paint? I've always been interested in doing something like this, but never got fully into it since I didn't like the options for colors. But if I can go to a vendor/supplier with a paintcode and they'll be able to mix me that exact dip that would be awesome.
To give you an idea, when I'm having my wheels done black next weekend, I asked that they color match the center cap on the wheel to my RRM paint. They say they can do it, so until proven otherwise, I'll assume it's possible. I'm pretty sure you can do just about any color.
Cam_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:17 PM   #58
KeyWil

Drives: 2011 Blk 1LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI View Post
So theoretically you can take a paintcode off a car and mix a dip just like you would regular auto paint? I've always been interested in doing something like this, but never got fully into it since I didn't like the options for colors. But if I can go to a vendor/supplier with a paintcode and they'll be able to mix me that exact dip that would be awesome.
From what I've seen, it's a strong possibility. But I would imagine that some paint colors may not be exactly the same, like the Synergy green. If you haven't already, you should check out Dip your Car on youtube. They have some awesome colors and materials to get the color/finish you desire.
KeyWil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:30 PM   #59
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWil View Post
From what I've seen, it's a strong possibility. But I would imagine that some paint colors may not be exactly the same, like the Synergy green. If you haven't already, you should check out Dip your Car on youtube. They have some awesome colors and materials to get the color/finish you desire.
+1 on this
....making that Synergy green wouldnt be the easiest but it is possible.

You really expand possibilities once you involve pears into the mix. KandyPearls DipSpade PearlsAndPigments. All of them give you a great supply of options
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:42 PM   #60
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
This will be a good time for a video, I know you got one!
here you go my friend
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:49 PM   #61
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
In regards to the oldest 5th gen, mine was built 05/09 Number 17k something.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:14 PM   #62
ka1

Drives: 2011 2SS
That looks awesome. I didn't the shots of the old color but from your avy that looks pretty good too. I am seriously tempted to do this. I need a paint job anyway
ka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:26 PM   #63
ytown87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
That looks awesome. I didn't the shots of the old color but from your avy that looks pretty good too. I am seriously tempted to do this. I need a paint job anyway
Thank you!
Do it!! You wont regret it if you get something you really want and quality is up to par. Plus your paint under it is being protected.
I have shots of the old color in my profile i think. Havent updated it in a while but they should be there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructo09 View Post
In regards to the oldest 5th gen, mine was built 05/09 Number 17k something.
YO your car is old!! JP...I get picked on all the time for my chicklets. Good to see my car isnt the only grandpa 5th gen on this site.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:57 PM   #64
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87 View Post
I've sadly had that dent for the last few years. Barely shows when the car is black and the plastidip just makes it stand out. Of course I've been meaning to get it removed and was supposed to do it before I sprayed the car again but got too excited once the new dip got in that I got to spraying before getting it removed. Wonder if someone could go behind the fender and pop it out now
I know the feeling... had someone slam their bike or shopping cart into the rear gills of mine and dent it fiercely...estimated damage was 1K but you can barely notice it in most light. Figured might as well keep the cash.

Color looks wicked btw.
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:00 PM   #65
StlRomAniaN

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87 View Post
Thank you!
Do it!! You wont regret it if you get something you really want and quality is up to par. Plus your paint under it is being protected.
I have shots of the old color in my profile i think. Havent updated it in a while but they should be there

YO your car is old!! JP...I get picked on all the time for my chicklets. Good to see my car isnt the only grandpa 5th gen on this site.
I'm 12768.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:07 PM   #66
ytown87

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarozzzz View Post
I know the feeling... had someone slam their bike or shopping cart into the rear gills of mine and dent it fiercely...estimated damage was 1K but you can barely notice it in most light. Figured might as well keep the cash.

Color looks wicked btw.
Thanks much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRomAniaN View Post
I'm 12768.
Do we have a 12767?!!?!
Old 04-02-2015, 08:57 PM   #67
JT Camaro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
The orange looked better, but this looks great too!
JT Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote