Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
Billabongi

Drives: '17 SS 50th Camaro
RiderGraphix or BigWorm Gill Decals

This is for the guys who have the Ridergraphix or BigWorm Style 2 Gill Decals. Just looking for some opinions on if you're happy with them.

Ridergraphix is a couple bucks more (after shipping difference) but based on pictures it looks like Rider includes the clear to black vinyl and Big Worm is just the black Edge grill (I could be wrong but going by pictures)

Anyway opinions and pictures would be great, especially those of you who have flat black.

Thanks in advance
James
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
malave7567

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
I live a couple hours away from BigWorm and had them install flat black hood spears, style 2 gills, and emblem blackouts. I like how everything turned out and I get compliments on the look. The gill graphics are just flat black, it doesn't progress from clear to black (which is what I assume you were asking about). However, with the natural shadow of the gills on my silver camaro, I get a lot of people that say, "I swear those gills were actually cut out until I got close to look at them."

Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase/install from BigWorm
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
usafboy

Drives: 2010 Silver SS/RS LS3
i have bigworms vinyl gills. install was easy, very good product!
Mods...so far: resonator/muffler delete, tinted everything, '13 shift knob/boot, bowtie delete, PFADT sway bars, CAI intake, Hurst short shifter, JBA cat deletes, BMR trailing arms/outer bushings/steering rack bushing, Bo White ported TB.
Rhino79 Dyno tuned...405 HP/399 TQ
usafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
I actually considered both as well but eventually went with ones from SLP instead. Even the painter that did my spoiler did a double take when he saw them. He first thought that I had cut the actual gills but got a little closer and thought they were airbrushed then he got real close and realized they were just stickers...

Here's a shot of someone else's Camaro in IOM...

EDIT: Not trying to push you away from RiderGraphix or BigWorm, just thought I'd point out another option. I've dealt with both of them (hood spears/bowties from RiderGraphix & bowties from BigWorm) and had no problems with either one's products or quality.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #5
Midlife Crisis

Drives: 2LT/RS
Name:  Camaro4.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  100.6 KB
Ghost Gills
Old 05-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
Billabongi

Drives: '17 SS 50th Camaro
Thanks guys, I like the SLP ones but I really like #2 style because they cover the point in the top of the gills. I think I'm gonna go with Bigworm

Thanks all!
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #7
Midlife Crisis

Drives: 2LT/RS
Bigworm has great products just bought and installed 17% for tail lights very good quality
Old 05-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #8
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
bigworm...i have never bought from them, but i did from rider and i wont again...
caper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #9
John Deere Boy
I bleed green

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3
I bought the Bigworm ones but the installer i took it to said he wouldn't install them because they are so thin...he said they wouldn't last. Guess i'm gonna have to put them on myself and see. Bigworm has the best look in my opinion.

2011 2SS/RS LS3. Delivered 4/18/11. Solo Axle-back with J-pipes and quads, 35% tint, Yellow trim kit, Showstopper sidemarkers, babied garage queen.
2006 Silverado 3500 6.0, 1993 Pontiac Bonneville SSE
John Deere Boy is offline   Reply With Quote