Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
Smooth and Cool

Drives: 2011 Camaro Lt Bumble Bee
Help! Advice on taillight smokes...

Hi there! I'm getting ready to order tail light smokes from Bigworm and I'm still up in the air about which ones to get?? Im planning on doing tail lights, side markers. Not going to do the backup lights because I dont want any one saying "I never saw your backup lights" ya feel me? I seem to like smoke, but I would like real world experiences. Im looking for something that is not BLACK BLACK...but something that is not CLEAR. Im looking for something that is definately a noticeable darker color, looks awesome, and any one can see my brake lights on the sunniest day ever.

Im thinking charcoal, smoke?? Any one help?

Going to do hash marks on my car both sides.

Thanks yall
Smooth and Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
MikeMoach

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth and Cool View Post
Hi there! I'm getting ready to order tail light smokes from Bigworm and I'm still up in the air about which ones to get?? Im planning on doing tail lights, side markers. Not going to do the backup lights because I dont want any one saying "I never saw your backup lights" ya feel me? I seem to like smoke, but I would like real world experiences. Im looking for something that is not BLACK BLACK...but something that is not CLEAR. Im looking for something that is definately a noticeable darker color, looks awesome, and any one can see my brake lights on the sunniest day ever.

Im thinking charcoal, smoke?? Any one help?

Going to do hash marks on my car both sides.

Thanks yall

This
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Call your local police department and ask what is legal. They aren't legal in a lot, if not most, states.

Now, I like charcoal . Would do this BUT that little issue up there is why I have not
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
Smooth and Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Call your local police department and ask what is legal. They aren't legal in a lot, if not most, states.

Now, I like charcoal

Thats the thing..I used to drive a NICE impala with 20% tint (legal is 35 on doors) and 5% everything past the doors (legal) for 6 years. Never ever pulled over for the tints. See MANY people driving with light covers. Makes me wonder...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chevy Camaro all the way!!
Old 06-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #5
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Thats the thing..I used to drive a NICE impala with 20% tint (legal is 35 on doors) and 5% everything past the doors (legal) for 6 years. Never ever pulled over for the tints. See MANY people driving with light covers. Makes me wonder...
Lights are completely different from windshields. Just because other people have them does not make them legal. I pulled a Camaro over with them here recently actually. I believe he had the 30% charcoal. I would call before your money goes to waste. Just my .02
Old 06-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
Smooth and Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Lights are completely different from windshields. Just because other people have them does not make them legal. I pulled a Camaro over with them here recently actually. I believe he had the 30% charcoal. I would call before your money goes to waste. Just my .02

Cool! I think I'll ditch that idea. Im thinking of going backside trunk lid blackout (not the lights), hash marks, and the optic blue(?) headlight cover. Not going to darken the headlights at all...just add the headlight cover with the optic blue(?)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 06-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #7
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Cool! I think I'll ditch that idea. Im thinking of going backside trunk lid blackout (not the lights), hash marks, and the optic blue(?) headlight cover. Not going to darken the headlights at all...just add the headlight cover with the optic blue(?)
I would still call your dept. Better safe than sorry. Changing anything stock from the dealer that has to do with safety you should always call and ask. It all depends on your state. Putting the blue covers on could be pushing it.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #8
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
I went with charcoal, the darkest you can go. Ive had state and local cops follow right behind me and comment on my car but nvr about the black outs. They arent a big deal here. All my lights are blacked out. I like them tho bc you can still see them. Heres my tail

Old 06-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #9
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
I also have the darkest that BigWorm sells (charcoal i believe) and knock on wood I haven't been bothered. I've had CHP, Sheriff, and local LEO behind me. You can still see the brake lights really good even during the day.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #10
A9AL8R

Drives: IBM 2LT W/CGM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
I went with charcoal, the darkest you can go. Ive had state and local cops follow right behind me and comment on my car but nvr about the black outs. They arent a big deal here. All my lights are blacked out. I like them tho bc you can still see them. Heres my tail

I did the same + 1
And if you have to take it off it peels off pretty easy its legal here in texas
I did all the lights and never looked back it really makes the car
Old 06-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #11
Smooth and Cool

I live in a small quiet sleepy town. I'm just nervous because I'm the only or 2nd or third camaro in town. All others are pure stock. No changes. Think I'll go with fat hash marks, hood spears, rear blackouts (not lights), chevy emblem blackouts, gill vents(not the fat ones)and wheel bowties.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #12
Midlife Crisis

Drives: 2LT/RS
went with smoke did the reverse lights looks to me. Still are bright when on.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #13
Midlife Crisis

Drives: 2LT/RS
Sorry forgot pic
Attached Images

Old 06-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #14
MikeMoach

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Crisis View Post
Sorry forgot pic
lol have a pic wit the lights on?