Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-02-2023, 09:20 PM   #1
shredder7

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
Small Rust showing up in edge side door. Any tips before it spreads?

I have Small Rust showing up in edge side door. Any tips before it spreads?

At first I thought of using WD 40 and spray on the corner and wipe it off. Then use a touch up pen marker of the factory color to touch up.
But, before I do this, what would be the right type of Rust remover solvent for Camaro so I don't end up damaging the rest of the paint.
I got this painted by some pro Automotive paint shop just 3 years ago. I did wax polish this car only once, and I used the Armor all Wash & wax all in one to wash my car twice. Whats your opinion on the the paint job 3 years ago. Did he do a half mediocre job in not adding a extra layer? Looks like the paint was chipped off 2 years later & we are really careful in not chipping the paint. I really need safe advice before the rust starts to spread.
Please help anyone your help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Attached Images

shredder7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 07:52 AM   #2
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Not the best pics on how much rust is there.
Me personally, I would use vinegar and paper towels. Keep it wet with vinegar until the rust is gone. Vinegar is an acid and will remove the rust.

Then primer and paint.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 08:43 PM   #3
shredder7

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
You mean Apple cider or white vinegar? It's really small. I know O Reilly's auto store sells the marker for touch up. But do I need primer pen first then the factory pen marker touch up? the rust is only cm but just don't want it to spread.
Not sure if the auto body shop did a mediocre job or he may just neglected on another anti-rust layer coat. let me know thanks
shredder7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 03:06 PM   #4
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Whatever's cheaper.
Yes on the primer then paint.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote