Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 10-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
JRE SCT CUSTOM TUNE INSTRUCTIONS V3

This has been a Tremendous Program and has and is Working Extremely Well, we have several hundreds of Happy Customers with our Tunes.

See New Post JRE SCT CUSTOM TUNE INSTRUCTIONS V4 DATED 3/6/12

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 03-06-2012 at 08:44 AM.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #2
From The Future
needs gas money

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM 6M
Awwwwwww yeaaaaahhhhh

First!

I'm getting excited about this one. I ordered my tuner last Sunday night and UPS shows it will be delivered tomorrow "by end of day".

I plan to follow these instructions to a T and then get my stock file to Ted tomorrow evening so he can whip up a mighty, tire-smokin, no-torque management tune for my SS.

My car will probably be easy to tune anyway, it only has a Vararam, a Vmax TB and a Hushpower axleback as mods.

The downside is that I will be wanting to order everything under the sun for even more power afterward. Then I will need more tunes! I had better get an extra job or something too.
From The Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:04 PM   #3
Crime2
Got Boost?

Drives: 2010 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by From The Future View Post
First!

I'm getting excited about this one. I ordered my tuner last Sunday night and UPS shows it will be delivered tomorrow "by end of day".

I plan to follow these instructions to a T and then get my stock file to Ted tomorrow evening so he can whip up a mighty, tire-smokin, no-torque management tune for my SS.

My car will probably be easy to tune anyway, it only has a Vararam, a Vmax TB and a Hushpower axleback as mods.

The downside is that I will be wanting to order everything under the sun for even more power afterward. Then I will need more tunes! I had better get an extra job or something too.
You are going to love it. I have a tune from Ted and doing my dyno on Saturday, can't wait!
Crime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:33 AM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
First!

Great Thanks I look forward to tuning your ride.

Remember purchase your parts from me and tunes for those parts are FREE.

Ted.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:34 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crime2 View Post
You are going to love it. I have a tune from Ted and doing my dyno on Saturday, can't wait!
Be sure and Log on the Dyno and send them to me along with the dyno sheet, so I can look things over and make any fine tune adjustments.

Ted.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:38 AM   #6
Fishdadddy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ; 1970 Firebird Formula
Cool
Fishdadddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #7
Cpanthers85

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Does the SCT do the A6 Transmission tune too?

Mods: Kooks Long Tube Headers, RotoFaB EForce CAI, American Thunder Catback Exhaust, PFADT Stage 1 Drag Kit + Front Sway Bar, GM Strut Tower Bar. ZL1 Fuel Pump. Nitto NT05R. RX Catch Can.LS9 Cam and Springs.LS3 Conversion.JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade.Edelbrock Eforce.60# Eforce Injectors.Extreme Racing Tune. 523/495

MY BUILD THREAD
Cpanthers85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:37 AM   #8
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpanthers85 View Post
Does the SCT do the A6 Transmission tune too?
Yes sir, Better than any software out there
Old 10-29-2011, 12:37 PM   #9
mgoodbar
White 2ss, LT, CAI, Tune

Drives: 2010 L99
Yes sir Ted is the best..... I have his tune on my A6 and its like a whole new car with lots and lots of smiles..... Im gona have to get some 555 tires soon, to apply the new white smoke adapter to the ground....
mgoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:27 PM   #10
From The Future
needs gas money

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM 6M
Rock N Roll

Well, the custom tune is installed and I must say it is quite an improvement. This thing hauls azz now. I am about to go drive it some more just to see what it feels like.

It seems to pick up RPM faster now for some reason. I dont have any idea what the horsepower increase might be but it feels more powerful in the middle of the RPM band.

It also takes off from a dead stop more smoothly for some reason. I am having to retrain my clutch leg and my gas foot. When I shift gears it does that more smoothly as well. There is no "hole" between gears anymore and I think it may have something to do with the changes Ted makes to the factory Torque Management, whatever they may be.

When I first head up the road in the morning after a cold start the car doesn't surge like it used to either. Before the tune it used to drive funny until it warmed up all the way. Now I can barely tell that the car is cold.

Maybe I have hosed up my powertrain warranty by doing this, maybe not. But who cares? It is a major improvement and it has me wanting more. Like long tube headers or hi-flow catted midpipes at least.

Ted- I know that a future re-tune is included free if I buy those exhaust parts from you. How do you do that?

Do you just modify my existing tune file that you have in your database or do I need to install the headers, run the car for awhile and then send you my tune to modify?

Hopefully I can datalog with just the SCT Tuner since I dont have a laptop PC. I am about to go play with it and find out.

If you are going to get a tune, get a Jannetty Tune people. It is well worth the cost. Ted is fast to respond and he works to get it right.
From The Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:44 PM   #11
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Well, the custom tune is installed and I must say it is quite an improvement. This thing hauls azz now. I am about to go drive it some more just to see what it feels like.

It seems to pick up RPM faster now for some reason. I dont have any idea what the horsepower increase might be but it feels more powerful in the middle of the RPM band.

It also takes off from a dead stop more smoothly for some reason. I am having to retrain my clutch leg and my gas foot. When I shift gears it does that more smoothly as well. There is no "hole" between gears anymore and I think it may have something to do with the changes Ted makes to the factory Torque Management, whatever they may be.

When I first head up the road in the morning after a cold start the car doesn't surge like it used to either. Before the tune it used to drive funny until it warmed up all the way. Now I can barely tell that the car is cold.

Maybe I have hosed up my powertrain warranty by doing this, maybe not. But who cares? It is a major improvement and it has me wanting more. Like long tube headers or hi-flow catted midpipes at least.

Ted- I know that a future re-tune is included free if I buy those exhaust parts from you. How do you do that?

Do you just modify my existing tune file that you have in your database or do I need to install the headers, run the car for awhile and then send you my tune to modify?

Hopefully I can datalog with just the SCT Tuner since I dont have a laptop PC. I am about to go play with it and find out.

If you are going to get a tune, get a Jannetty Tune people. It is well worth the cost. Ted is fast to respond and he works to get it right.
Very Nice Review, Thank you!

When you order your parts you just send another tune request Via email along with all of your info cars info and NEW mod list just like the first tune, and I will send a new tune file.

I can work off of your stock tune file from my database once I have tuned your car.

If logging is required, I let you know when I send the new tune.

Thank You.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #12
az2ss
HMFIC

Drives: 2016 1SS
are you able to do custom tunes with the diablosport trinity?
az2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:02 PM   #13
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
Yes we can. We prefer use SCT on Automatic Vehicles and "Intensive " (S/C, Turbo, Nitrous etc.) applications where we need more table access.
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #14
Astor
Happily Married

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I second and third everything said on this thread. Ted is great, fast, made a huge difference on my car. Buying LT's from him hopefully within a month.