Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 12-09-2013, 06:48 AM   #29
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Hurry please! I have my AR headers, high flow cats & H-pipes sitting in my garage awaiting install & was just about to get the IPF tune but now I need to wait to see how this turns out!

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 12-09-2013 at 10:23 AM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #30
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6

Keeping an eye on this thread for when I get BBKs.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #31
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
Anytime you have a TF tune you need to go to stock with Vince's sofware (EZFlash?) before reading with HPT. If you don't have your TF stock file, a dealer flash will be needed.
I know this has been addressed elsewhere, but I am under the impression that even if you have flashed back to the stock tune from the TF tune, you still will need to have a dealer reflash done to the car before doing a different tune.

I could be wrong.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #32
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I know this has been addressed elsewhere, but I am under the impression that even if you have flashed back to the stock tune from the TF tune, you still will need to have a dealer reflash done to the car before doing a different tune.

I could be wrong.
You are right, even if you flash back to stock trifecta leaves a code in the computer preventing other competitors tunes from being used so a reflash has to be done. The reflash itself is free you just have to pay for the labor.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #33
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Wow. Pretty cool
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #34
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Well this means that soon I could go up to Show Me Speed and have him tune my set up. He dyno tuned my Silverado using HP. He pulled another 40RWHP and 60RWTQ out of that baby 4.8. 450.00 bucks well spent.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #35
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:

I could be wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
You are right, even if you flash back to stock trifecta leaves a code in the computer preventing other competitors tunes from being used so a reflash has to be done. The reflash itself is free you just have to pay for the labor.
No, this only seems to happen with IPF. If you have trifecta, the IPF one won't work until you reflash. As far as I know after talking to some other tuners, you apparently can just go from trifecta to hp tuners. I'd ask a tuner just to be sure though. I could be wrong

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #36
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
IPF does not lock their tunes. It was in a posting from Arno a while back. I can't seem to find it right now. I was under the impression that Trifecta locked their tunes ?
Old 12-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #37
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Well this means that soon I could go up to Show Me Speed and have him tune my set up. He dyno tuned my Silverado using HP. He pulled another 40RWHP and 60RWTQ out of that baby 4.8. 450.00 bucks well spent.
And I'd love to meet you there lol. If only it wasn't a nearly 3 hour drive from here....dagnabbit! $450 is a great price!
I need to open up a dyno tune shop in Mid Missouri lol. There is nothing around here for a couple hours it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
IPF does not lock their tunes. It was in a posting from Arno a while back. I can't seem to find it right now. I was under the impression that Trifecta locked their tunes ?
Yeah...I'm still a bit confused on that subject. I'd really love to see HP tuners get someone in running the Trifecta tune and give us the low down on what is needed for them to retune the car.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #38
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
No, trifecta doesn't lock their tunes.

Quote:
And I'd love to meet you there lol. If only it wasn't a nearly 3 hour drive from here....dagnabbit! $450 is a great price!
I need to open up a dyno tune shop in Mid Missouri lol. There is nothing around here for a couple hours it seems.

Yeah...I'm still a bit confused on that subject. I'd really love to see HP tuners get someone in running the Trifecta tune and give us the low down on what is needed for them to retune the car.
It's only three hours, think of it as a nice road trip

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #39
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Trifecta doesn't lock their tunes. I've had their tune accessed by a local shop with no issues using another suite. I've used hypertech at the shop long ago and they no problems switching back and forth.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Old 12-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #40
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I can only relate my TF & HPT experience from another platform, the SS Cobalt factory turbo LNF running a Bosch E69 ECU. I had a TF tune loaded, HPT would read entire the tune and when it completed it would fail upon trying to save the file until loading the stock TF file back into the ECU. Then I could read entire. E38 ECU's may/prob are different. YMMV.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #41
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
This will be interesting if it can do a full tune on the IPF supercharger kit as well as N/A.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #42
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Got my attention also HP! Looking forward to future updates!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote