Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 09-12-2014, 07:20 PM   #29
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
and Adrian Peterson is deactivated for this weeks game...for beating his 11year old son in texas, with a switch. wtf is going on
WHAT????????

EDIT:
He's right, Peterson is deactivated. Hazy story right now but some kind of hitting a kid (not his) with a switch?

Wrote the following on my league message board:

More ugly news in the NFL, I gotta be serious all this shit is making me less happy about Sundays and that is NOT easy. I love the NFL but this along with last years Hernandez shocker is wearing me very thin.

Anyways....

RB Adrian Peterson has been indicted and an arrest warrant issued for child abuse. Story is really hazy right now but the Vikings have inactivated him for Sunday. Not like Carolina and Greg Hardy. Not like the 49ers and Macdonald. Sick.

Josh Gordon's vacation is 9 more games (10 total) so enjoy that bench spot taken up until then leagues that allowed him in.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning

Last edited by Muscle Car Lover; 09-12-2014 at 07:37 PM.
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:21 AM   #30
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
All the reports I've read, have him quoting that it was his kid.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:16 PM   #31
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
and Adrian Peterson is deactivated for this weeks game...for beating his 11year old son in texas, with a switch. wtf is going on
i don't know but some guy on msnbc that i've never seen before says Goodell has to resign because of it.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:28 PM   #32
PoorMansCamaro

I doubt Goodell is going anywhere, but would love if he left. There couldn't possibly be a worse commissioner.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:46 PM   #33
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

dude....seriously...
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2014, 04:10 PM   #34
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Yeah - Selig is the worst. Goodell is bad too.

AP better have an indefinite suspension as well. Ray Rice has been scapegoated and condemned beyond belief for his own failures, but at this point, more for the failures of Goodell and the NFL. If they want to punish Rice in the manner, then Hardy, McDonald, and AP better receive the same punishment.

I'm fine if this punishment becomes the new normal, but if not, then Goodell is worse than we all had initially thought.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:30 PM   #35
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Punishment should meet the crime.

The punishments as they currently are are what needs to happen. Rice, Peterson, Welker etc......... Rice got off WAY to easy the first time. Goodell is an idiot and he got caught acting like a college coach giving leniency to the star players. In this case the money makers. I'm glad Goodell got caught. Lying though his damn teeth.

Rice should have at least a year ban. I don't care what his wife says. Let him back in next year because he will have served a fair punishment. BUT we all now know who Rice truly is. I have experience in this with my mother when I was a kid. (not my dad now) Even if the asshole never hits again he will only be kept at bay by consequence and his heart is what it is.

The Peterson deal is weird. I was hit like that and it stung and made welts but went away just fine. I was never in any danger. BUT maybe we all have come into the civilized century? Time will tell on that.

Welker did what probably half of everyone else does and got caught. Little skinny white guy needs some help.....

I'm not familiar with the other ones. I've been out of the ESPN bullshit for some time now.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:34 PM   #36
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Oh, and I'd be remiss not to add ..............................

Name:  2794-153711_zgHlAMdjRJtzwHn3fdNgtwzfm.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  172.6 KB
Old 09-15-2014, 09:53 AM   #37
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I'd been driving to and from Seattle when all the Ray Rice stuff was going down. Then the AP stuff hit too.

They got the initial 2 week suspension totally wrong. Goodell has been very inconsistent with his penalties since he became commissioner. Thing is, I expect the NFLPA to step in soon with Rice because he was given the 2 week penalty and that changed. According to the NFLPA rules, you can't be given a different penalty after being assigned one.

I was whipped with a belt when I was a kid. That might have been ok, except my dad was also an alcoholic and beat my mom, brother & myself. Thing is, regardless of how you were raised, that doesn't mean it was the right way. I don't have kids, however I would never think of doing such a thing if I did...nor would I treat my niece or nephew that way. The fact that AP did this to a FOUR YEAR OLD, leaving marks, is pretty brutal, and he deserves jail time for what he did. I am pretty sure he'll receive a 8 game minimum suspension for this, perhaps even as long as a year (or indefinite).

The NFL has a personal conduct policy for a reason. I believe they need to start having better standards for off the field conduct. Drunk driving, assault, murder...whatever they do, they need to have consistent punishment for when it happens. Right now, their only alternative is for the teams to deactivate them...something that I am totally for in the case of Hardy.

The fine line, is someone like Ray McDonald, where the 49ers are sticking to due process in this case. I am a little disappointed that the 49ers didn't deactivate him. The thing about deactivation is that the player still gets paid. He just doesn't get the stats. Perhaps that should be the penalty for being enough of a douchebag to be arrested for domestic abuse.

I have no problems with any of these a-holes that abuse their spouses/kids getting called out on it, exposed, shamed so that this thing stops. Men who abuse a woman are about as low on the totem pole as rapists and murderers in my opinion....just a step above, but not much.

Enough of my almost political rant on this...the only good thing that comes of this situation is that people are talking about it.

Goodell needs to resign because of these messes. He has put the biggest stain on the NFL since I've been a fan...which is since the 60's
Old 09-15-2014, 12:07 PM   #38
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

AZ Cardinals

2-0
Old 09-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #39
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Old 09-17-2014, 06:53 PM   #40
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Politics is taking over the sport

3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:58 PM   #41
Burn Notice24

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
Politics is taking over the sport

I could be wrong, but from what I understand, the reason he had to turn the shirt inside out had nothing to do with the message, but with the brand. The NFL doesn't allow you to wear certain brands on the podium or during games, RG3 has broken this rule before if i'm remembering correctly.
Burn Notice24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #42
PoorMansCamaro

another nfl player charged with assault. RB Jonathan Dwyer from AZ.