Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-24-2015, 10:23 PM   #15
ZiG

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Have you guys tried pressing the gas pedal farther when you want to go faster..?
ZiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:32 PM   #16
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
Does Vitesse pay you guys to stroke their product this hard?
lol
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:33 PM   #17
AKA chaoss

Drives: 2015 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiG View Post
Have you guys tried pressing the gas pedal farther when you want to go faster..?
AKA chaoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:38 PM   #18
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
Does Vitesse pay you guys to stroke their product this hard?
I think vitesse has spent more money paying people on this forum to stroke their product more than they spent making it
Old 04-24-2015, 10:40 PM   #19
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Straight from the Vitesse Throttle Controller page:

"Engine-related Performance Parts are intended for the experienced driver only. Our Throttle Controllers must not be used on public roads and in some cases may be restricted to closed course competition or Off Road use only."

I'd be curious about the off road use. lol
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:21 PM   #20
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiG View Post
Well, of course...but now I can go faster, faster.

No really, my car before this a cammed '96 LT4 Vette. When I pushed to go pedal it went exactly to the extent I pushed the pedal. At the same time, I had a Cadillac STS w/ the V6. It too was drive by wire. I noticed in that car that there was a lag in accleration until it hit a point then it would start to take off. I just figured it was that car with the v6. Then I got my SS, and noticed it did the same thing. Lag to point then it took off. I read up a little on drive by wire, talked with some folks, and learned that this lag is built in to the system.

The throttle controller simply removes that lag. Now, when I hit the go pedal, it goes exactly to the extent that I push the pedal. Now, at WOT, it doesn't open the TB any more, it will not decrease 1/4 mile times for this reason, it simply opens it quicker. This is really nice in partial acceleration situations, like passing, or just having some fun. All it does is amplify the voltage signal sent to the TB causing it to open quicker. That's it, no magic, no crazy gimmick. Just gives a more linear feel, and quicker response to pushing the pedal.

Anyway, that's my best description of it.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:36 PM   #21
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Just the acceleration of the car is better like Chris said. If u want HP go cam or F/I
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:47 AM   #22
fradaj

Drives: RS
The car drives like a totally different animal with the VTC connected. It is not jerky or abrupt but the engine gets in the powerband much quicker and is more fun to drive.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:55 AM   #23
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Well, of course...but now I can go faster, faster.

No really, my car before this a cammed '96 LT4 Vette. When I pushed to go pedal it went exactly to the extent I pushed the pedal. At the same time, I had a Cadillac STS w/ the V6. It too was drive by wire. I noticed in that car that there was a lag in accleration until it hit a point then it would start to take off. I just figured it was that car with the v6. Then I got my SS, and noticed it did the same thing. Lag to point then it took off. I read up a little on drive by wire, talked with some folks, and learned that this lag is built in to the system.

The throttle controller simply removes that lag. Now, when I hit the go pedal, it goes exactly to the extent that I push the pedal. Now, at WOT, it doesn't open the TB any more, it will not decrease 1/4 mile times for this reason, it simply opens it quicker. This is really nice in partial acceleration situations, like passing, or just having some fun. All it does is amplify the voltage signal sent to the TB causing it to open quicker. That's it, no magic, no crazy gimmick. Just gives a more linear feel, and quicker response to pushing the pedal.

Anyway, that's my best description of it.
Yeah, what he said!
I drank the coolaid as well for my cts and it does exactly what it claims. Im not saying it is adding any HP but let me say it feels/seat of pants/butt dyno/fun factor, better in all catagories than other "real MODS" that claim HP gains.
I find it funny that some enthusiast here refuse to except it for what it is, put it down and keep on with the "my right foot is basicaly faster than a computer" type responses. Lol
Not saying there's not but show me another product thats gotten this much positive feedback in this range.
Think we have a new pound for pound champion!
Wait, was that considered "stroking" ?

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:17 AM   #24
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post

"Engine-related Performance Parts are intended for the experienced driver only. Our Throttle Controllers must not be used on public roads and in some cases may be restricted to closed course competition or Off Road use only."
This statement, I'm sure, is only there to protect Vitesse from potential lawsuits by idiots who don't have proper respect for a high-powered vehicle. As we've seen proven many times here, this type of person will eventually wreck their car because they pushed it beyond the limits of their driving skills. That's why the VTC has variable SP settings (SP0 - SP9). You can adjust the throttle response time to your skill level. The significantly quicker response time (settings SP5-SP9) take some getting used to and there are folks out there who won't take the time to adjust to it.

The difference between our cars without the VTC versus with the VTC, is like the difference between your PC being plugged into a dial-up modem versus being plugged into DSL. It's that significant.

It doesn't make your car faster... but it definitely makes it quicker.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:32 AM   #25
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
This statement, I'm sure, is only there to protect Vitesse from potential lawsuits by idiots who don't have proper respect for a high-powered vehicle. As we've seen proven many times here, this type of person will eventually wreck their car because they pushed it beyond the limits of their driving skills. That's why the VTC has variable SP settings (SP0 - SP9). You can adjust the throttle response time to your skill level. The significantly quicker response time (settings SP5-SP9) take some getting used to and there are folks out there who won't take the time to adjust to it.

The difference between our cars without the VTC versus with the VTC, is like the difference between your PC being plugged into a dial-up modem versus being plugged into DSL. It's that significant.

It doesn't make your car faster... but it definitely makes it quicker.
The last line is 100% correct.....

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:48 AM   #26
fastjohnny

I hated the throttle response when I bought my Camaro SS, so just recently there was a thread and a guy had just bought a Camaro and was asking what were some mods he should do, and a couple guys chimed in and said definitely your first mod should be a Viteese Throttle Controller, now this was the first time I had heard about this and started looking into it more, now this was only two weeks ago and decided that from what I had read, this would be a good purchase and it was under two hundred bucks. It arrived last Saturday and I installed it, and OMG what a difference it makes and the smiles on my face it gave me was incredible, I tried all the settings and for daily driving settled for the 5. I am sure everyone that has one of these has got to feel like they gained horsepower, but its just that instead of sticking your foot all the way in the pedal the controller is doing it for you, so your pedal doesn't travel as far to get the same response. Its like a stock shifter compared to a short throw shifter, it does the same thing just in less space! In my opinion this is the first thing you should do to your Camaro.
fastjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:19 AM   #27
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfopt View Post
Can someone tell me at roughly what point in the pedal travel does the throttle hit wide open throttle (100%) compared to stock? Is it before the pedal hits the floor or is it roughly at the same point of pedal travel as stock?
Throttle-by-wire can be (and probably is) a whole lot more complex than that - even the speed that you move your foot down is a likely input. You'd need to have access to a bunch of datalogging data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post

I'd be curious about the off road use. lol
My money is on the matter of a too-responsive throttle under wet conditions (or worse) making it easier for a car so equipped to "get away from" its driver. They may have to assume that said driver might only have a few weeks of driving experience.

I'm honestly curious about any differences in traction control behavior with this mod in place. At any setting(s). Has anybody done any with/without tests or compared significantly different settings back to back to find out?

Norm
Old 04-25-2015, 07:32 AM   #28
chuckstacamaro

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS BRM Purchase 03/19/2014
I got more throttle response after I talking a ported throttle body BW, and I drove a friends Camaro with bolt one and a tune without Vitesse and his car was so much more responsive than my car without a tune.
chuckstacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote