Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 12-11-2014, 07:19 AM   #1
dodojoe

Drives: 2011 SS RS Camaro Convertible-VR
WISH LIST FOR CAMARO FESTIVAL 6

The listing below is my wish list for the upcoming Cfest6 being held here in Bowling Green:
1. Pre-Registration Packets-We would preregister with all of our information. When we check in we would begiven our packets which would include name tags inserted in a Lanyard that we could wear along with bracelets if we are racing, etc. The packet would also include a listing of all participants with information like which hotel they are staying. Would include Coupons from Vendors. Include a program that would have information about the vendors, schedule of events, map of area, etc. The cost of the packet could be covered by a small registration fee or vendor sponsorhip.
2. Vendor Set-Up - Wish that the vendors would set display at the host hotel or the convention parking lot next door rather than the track. I believe they would see more foot traffic, etc which would lead to more sales.
3. Social Hour - A planned social hour on Thursday night at the Host Hotel or the Convention Center next door. Great time to meet new people or re-aquaint with old friends. Should be Vendor sponsored.
4. Sat Night - Final organized social gathering. The awards could be given that those from the track or car show have earned could be recognized. And then a final drawing, where we have sold $10 tickets for during the week, for something special and of value like a complete set of tools, or Adams Car Products, etc. You get the ideal.

These are just some of my thoughts to make the event a little more organized but still not to structured.
dodojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:40 AM   #2
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I think the vendor ally set up is best at the track. The majority of folks that I have seen that attend the Fests mainly focus more on what is offered through the vendors than hitting the tracks. By having vendors do their setups at the hotels would split the attendance from those wishing to go to the track, which is across town and those that will just stay at their rooms where the vendors are that are just set up in the parking lot downstairs. By having the vendors at the track help entice people from showing up to the venue, walk around to see what is going on, see the cars, see the races both drag and Camaro Cross as well as just enjoying the day at the festival with everyone.

I am sure that the cost of reserving any track to hold such an event as well as the possible payment of insurance is expensive and if the vendor alley with the likes such as Adam's, Oracle, ACC were at a different location would not seem cost effective if the majority of your attendance just stays at the hotel if they are interested at all in racing.

The Saturday Night gathering announcing awards is done at the every event as soon as the Fest is over around 4pm at the venue, but at that time some folks are spent from being out all day and not many are racing which the majority af the announcements are for. You're right, maybe a final gathering at night like around 7/8pm at the host hotel either at the parking lot or if the host hotel has a large enough chamber to hold nearly 1000 people to fit in that would not exceed fire marshal regulations announcing The Chevrolet Team Camaro Show Awards, Adam's awards, drag and CamaroCross awards and final words from the fine admins from Camaro5 and Chevrolet would be a nice farewell and conclusion for the weekend. Having an elevated mini stage in the center of the parking lot of the host hotel would be awesome though.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:21 AM   #3
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I think if the vendors setup little booths in the evenings at the hotel just so people could come say hi and BS with them would be cool, but I also recognize that would just require them to bring more stuff on their trip and would lead to less room in their trailers for product

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:58 PM   #4
dodojoe

Drives: 2011 SS RS Camaro Convertible-VR
The main item I would like to see is the pre-registration and packets put together for attendees. That would just be helpful information for everyone. With the vendors, I am sure they are paying a fee to exhibit and I would think they have discussed what would be best for them. Just looking for different ideals.
dodojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:20 PM   #5
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I would like to see a COPO Camaro Invitational Shootout to take place at a Camaro5Fest. Getting to see at least 5-6 2013-2014 COPOs shoot it out in friendly competition, maybe even for a trophy would be such a neat thing to see within a certain 2 hour block. I'm sure that many attending would get a kick to see these fine machine duke it out and would put quite a bit of butts on the stands, and seeing them lined up before the races would be an amazing photo opportunity. I wonder how it would work yo invite folks to attend and bring their COPOs to this. Some I'm sure are pure competition focussed and probably would not bring them out for an exhibition, but wouldn't that be great to see anyways?! Lol!!!
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote