Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-20-2019, 01:51 AM   #1
weSS1LEy
weSS1LEy

Drives: 2015 camaro 2ss/rs/1le
Recommendations for 1le lowering

I would like to drop the car an inch but don’t want the ride to get any rougher. I was thinking one inch drop springs with nicer riding Michelins or maybe coilovers lowered but on a softer setting.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:49 PM   #2
MDR1LE

Drives: 15' 2SS/RS/1LE
If you drop the car the ride will get rougher bottom line. I did the Eibach lowering springs and it dropped the car just over an inch in all four corners. Coil over set up is expensive but the options are great. You can put a little bit of a taller tire like a 305 in the rear to fill in the left over gap as well. A lot of options....
MDR1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:45 PM   #3
weSS1LEy
weSS1LEy

What brand coilovers do you prefer?
Old 03-27-2019, 08:13 AM   #4
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by weSS1LEy View Post
What brand coilovers do you prefer?
Pedders Supercar coilovers are the only ones that will give you inbound and rebound dampening options for a streetable comfort over say a standard xa that has single dampening option.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:51 PM   #5
weSS1LEy
weSS1LEy

Good to know! Ride quality option is important!
Old 03-28-2019, 09:18 PM   #6
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
I just installed the Pedders Xa kit and I've been blown away so far. Ride is definitely firmer, but not uncomfortable. It definitely feels better than the work out OEM stuff.

The Xa kit adjusts both rebound and compression with the same adjuster. Definitely not as good as separate adjusters, but still nice to be able to soften up the ride when you want. I lowered by about 20mm all around and I think the car looks and rides very nicely now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2019, 11:11 PM   #7
Jayjellyfish212

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
I just installed the Pedders Xa kit and I've been blown away so far. Ride is definitely firmer, but not uncomfortable. It definitely feels better than the work out OEM stuff.

The Xa kit adjusts both rebound and compression with the same adjuster. Definitely not as good as separate adjusters, but still nice to be able to soften up the ride when you want. I lowered by about 20mm all around and I think the car looks and rides very nicely now.

Awesome. Good to know Terry. Im happy you posted your thoughts on the coilovers. I’m looking forward to driving my car with the Pedders coilovers. I got the front done tonight. I’ll do the back tomorrow. I went with the Pedders Supercar coilovers since the price that was once 4800 is now 2000 it’s hard to beat that and get the dual dampening option. I was gonna do the Pedders XA but went the extra mile since I figured it’s a once and done rather than wish I went to Supercar ones later so just went Supercar ones from get go.

After seeing your post that the XA coilovers are awesome and a few others that reported also , I’m sure these should be super. If winter ever ends I’ll let you know how these do also. I also got the Pedders camber plates.
So far everything has been pretty easy and smooth install. The only issue I came across so far was I had to drill the hole to the sway bar end links connection open a bit larger so end link could go on. Wasn’t really anything big or an issue. I was surprised that I didn’t need adjustable end links since I got a aftermarket sway bar. Factory end links work fine. I was worried about that but was no issue
other than just drilling hole a little larger. Hopefully the rear goes as good as the front did.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:29 PM   #8
terry_b

Yeah, I had to drop out the hole for the sway bar links as well. Really no big deal since it's aluminum. I also had to drill a hole in the rear shock body for the adjuster. I don't know if you'll have the same install process for the supercars, but that wasn't too bad. The shock mounts are steel, but mine turned out ok just using a cordless DeWalt and a center punch.

I didn't even realize the price difference for the supercars. I might have gone the same route!

How did you set the height? Lowered at all? I was surprised at how easy it was too adjust while everything was on the car still.

I hope they work well for you!

Old 03-29-2019, 03:42 PM   #9
Jayjellyfish212

Quote:
Yeah, I had to drop out the hole for the sway bar links as well. Really no big deal since it's aluminum. I also had to drill a hole in the rear shock body for the adjuster. I don't know if you'll have the same install process for the supercars, but that wasn't too bad. The shock mounts are steel, but mine turned out ok just using a cordless DeWalt and a center punch.

I didn't even realize the price difference for the supercars. I might have gone the same route!

How did you set the height? Lowered at all? I was surprised at how easy it was too adjust while everything was on the car still.

I hope they work well for you!

I so far kept near stock height and wanna give it a chance to settle in. Went with the 660mm recommendations to start with. Those settings at 660mm seem to be about a 1/4” less than stock/ I’m gonna shoot for a 1-1.5 drop on all 4 corners once I get the rears installed and give it a few days to settle.

From the looks the rear coilovers should be same install as yours was but just have to make sure the lower dampening canisters are in correct position based on the notices . The top trunk space on mine will be drilled just like you had to do except I am going to also need to drill the metal rear shock mounts for the upper dampers. I ordered the extenders so I may fabricate 2 holders for the upper adjusters so they don’t flap around. I’ll add a few pictures when done and what I come up with. Hopefully the rears go in a easy as the fronts did.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:47 PM   #10
Jayjellyfish212

The Pedders are gorgeous.. it’s a shame they are all hidden. Even the camber plates are so nice and they are all hidden. Work of art.
Old 03-29-2019, 05:36 PM   #11
terry_b

I really debated picking up the camber plates...

Old 03-29-2019, 08:17 PM   #12
Jayjellyfish212

Quote:
I really debated picking up the camber plates...

You can add the camber plates anytime with your coilovers. One thing that is super noticeable is the high grade bearings in them compared to the stock top mounts. I really like the idea that the coilovers in front are actually mounted to the strut tower by having the camber plates now. Certainly seems very solid now.

I worked a little bit on the rear coilovers tonight. Took me a few minutes or so to figure out what the heck was up with drilling the holes for the adjustment adapters. I was skeptical on perfect location so I went up 2 drill bits in size. Worked out good. One now ready to get put in. Should get everything done tomorrow no problem.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:56 PM   #13
Jayjellyfish212

Got them all done. Wasn’t even half as much work I thought it was gonna be. I went with the instructions settings recommendations to start with and give it a chance to settle in. The instructions put the car 1/4” lower than stock to start with. After everything settles in I’ll lower it 1-1.5” all 4 corners. I’m waiting on the rear extenders to arrive to get the rear upper adjusters extended in to the inside of the trunk area. The rear lower adjuster will stay as is unless I can figure out a way to adapt those to extend into trunk area also.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:59 PM   #14
terry_b

Link to your scanner? I want something that I can use to get a full brake fluid flush - if I'm lucky one that does mustang and Camaro