Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-31-2014, 08:47 PM   #1
Moto7451

Drives: 2013 Camero RS 1LT
Low LOC RCA Voltage

Hey Guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Here's my setup:

2013 Camaro 1LT RS
Here's my problem:

I'm having a weird issue with my audio setup. I assume it's due to a bad LOC but before I purchase a new one/return the old one, I wanted to see what you guys thought and rule out a n00b setup issue on my part.

I'm seeing really low voltage out of the LOC's RCAs. When setting the radio's front to rear balance to two ticks from all the way in the rear, and the volume set to 45, and the LOC's gain set to max, I measure no more than 0.65VAC and nominally 0.3-0.4v coming from the LOC's RCAs. Voltage measured on the loc's input side from the rear speaker lines is 3.6v. The LOC's manual implies that up to 8v should be achievable and demonstrates a 4v RCA line level output.

I've had to max out the gain on the amp and the fronts still drown out the rears without the extreme speaker balance setting. Thoughts?
Moto7451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:42 AM   #2
lfree11012

Drives: 2018 1LE
Most amp only take a 4 v input. Also gains are not volume controls the are use to match the output leave of the radio to the input leave of the radio. What type of multimedia are you using and where is it set when metering. If you won't to boost the out put of the radio audio control has a few new pieces out.
lfree11012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:38 PM   #3
Moto7451

Drives: 2013 Camero RS 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfree11012 View Post
Most amp only take a 4 v input. Also gains are not volume controls the are use to match the output leave of the radio to the input leave of the radio. What type of multimedia are you using and where is it set when metering. If you won't to boost the out put of the radio audio control has a few new pieces out.
My amp is actually rated for .5v-10v on the RCA side. The joys of nice equipment . That was the only reason I was getting any sound at all. You're right that gains aren't equivalent to volume but if you lack enough gain for the amp to work with in the first place you won't have much signal to amplify.

Anyways, I wired up the Amp's high input wiring harness to my rear speakers and that solved the problem. I'm now only using the LOC for the AMP turn on signal. The LOC's high to low circuitry was DOA apparently.
Moto7451 is offline   Reply With Quote