Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #1
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Camaro Pfadt Race Engineering Coil Overs

Pfadt Race Engineering Camaro Coil Over System

Pfadt Racing brings you one-of-a-kind adjustability and performance with our Coil Over System. This system was engineered with the performance street driver in mind as well as the weekend track enthusiast. As an Engineering firm, we don't believe that an off-the-shelf shock body is the appropriate solution for your Camaro.

Some will tell you that if you've got 16 positions of damping adjustment, 15 of them will be wrong. We would argue that for 16 cars you need 16 unique settings, not to mention the needs of dual-purpose (street and track) cars. Our single damping adjuster controls both compression and rebound. The range of adjustment provides a wide range of damping to accommodate both daily drivers and dedicated track cars. For example; most people like to drive to and from work with our coils set around 8, while for track days they'll turn increase the damping to 12.

If the adjustability intimidates you it's only because it's something new for you - not because it's actually hard to do. Moreover, if you don't want to adjust them you don't have to. We supply recommended starting points that offer a well balanced, well engineered setup that we run on our own cars. It's the best of both worlds! If you end up with a product that doesn't offer adjustable damping, your only option for setting up your car will be to change springs. If you change the springs without the ability to adjust the damping accordingly, you've just ruined the "perfectly balanced system" that you thought you bought.

One of the key advantages of our coil over system is the flexibility with setting ride height. Our shock bodies are fully threaded and thread into (or out of) the lower mounting cup giving you the ability to adjust the overall shock length by about 3 inches. It's no problem to maintain stock ride height or drop it nice and low. The important thing about changing ride height by using our threaded body is that you don't have to sacrifice shock travel to lower the car.

Compared to the stock SS Camaro, our coil overs are approximately 50% stiffer. Pfadt brand components are strong, lightweight, tested for dependability and durability.

Here are some key features:

1. Mono Tube Design
2. Inverted for less unsprung mass
3. 16 points of damping adjustment
4. Adjuster is on the bottom of the shock and no tools or lifting are required to make damping adjustments
5. 0 to 3 inches of ride height adjustability without sacrificing shock travel
6. Suggested starting points, knowledgeable tech support
7. Strong dealer network and outstanding product support

We have more exciting products in the pipeline including our Adjustable "Street" and "Race" sway bar systems, Poly Control Arm Bushing and sleeve system, Spherical Control Arm Bearing system, lowering springs, performance struts and our strut braces as well as some cool and innovative solutions.

Sway Bars

Poly Control Arm Bushings

Spherical Bearings

We have all of these components in various packages that are designed with your specific needs in mind. We're taking pre-orders now so please feel free to call or email us anytime with questions or to find your closest Preferred Pfadt Dealer and Installer.

Kind regards,

Last edited by PfadtRacing; 06-05-2009 at 03:56 PM.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Hey do you guys have a track C5 Z06? I was driving my wife to who knows where when I saw a red circuit-prepped C5 Z06 with a Pfadt sticker on it being trailered somewhere.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
blackedout010

Drives: on order black 2010 2ss
get we get some pricing info??
blackedout010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:24 PM   #4
SoloSK71

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
If it is anything like the Corvette kit, probably around $2k, $1k, $0.4k , $2k something like that?

- SK
SoloSK71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:51 PM   #5
Popy's VT

Drives: 2007 Corvette Coupe
You Camaro guys will love the quality of Pfadts goodies! I had no idea you were engineering stuff for the Camaro's Jordan. My best friend has a 2SS / RS on order and he's going to love hearing this news! He's ridden in my car many times and knows first hand the improvement your coilovers made for me!
Paul Cervone; 2007 AO MN6 Z51 Coupe BBP Vortex Rammer CAI, SpinPorted TB & Intake, JetHot Coated LG Pro Longtubes, Corsa Sports, MGW Short Shifter, EE Tunnel Plate, Oil Catch Can, Lowered, Tinted, GM Racing Spoiler, Tail & Side Marker Blackouts, Pfadt Coilovers, Michelin PS2's, 395 rwhp; 387 rwt

Last edited by Popy's VT; 06-07-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Popy's VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #6
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can-Am View Post
Hey do you guys have a track C5 Z06? I was driving my wife to who knows where when I saw a red circuit-prepped C5 Z06 with a Pfadt sticker on it being trailered somewhere.
Hi Can-Am,

We run a 99' C5 Coupe in NASA's ST1 class but we don't have a C5 Z06 that we personally race. We do however have a contingency program with NASA and decals are required; HERE is more information.

Please feel free to call or email us anytime!

Kind regards,
Old 06-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #7
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedout010 View Post
get we get some pricing info??
Hi blackedout010,

We're still finalizing the pricing on our Camaro products; I should have it finished by next week. I will do another post with all of our Camaro products including pricing. Please feel free to call or email us anytime with product or set up questions. We appreciate your interest in Pfadt products and have a great day!

Kind regards,
Old 06-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #8
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popy's VT View Post
You Camaro guys will love the quality of Pfadts goodies! I had no idea you were engineering stuff for the Camaro's Jordan. My best friend has a 2SS / RS on order and he's going to love hearing this news! He's ridden in my car many times and knows first hand the improvement your coilovers made for me!
Hi Paul,

We appreciate the kind remarks!!!!! We're glad you're enjoying your Vette! We're really excited to release our 2010 Camaro line!

Kind regards,
Old 06-11-2009, 06:50 PM   #9
21STCENTURY

Drives: Z28/700HP, CTSV/850HP, Viper/725HP
PFADT

Hi Jordan, those look great!!

We have sold the PFADT products for the Corvette for quite some time and
they are awesome products and great people to do business with.

We will surely have these on our new 2010 shop car in the near future.

Best Regards,
John Page
Twenty First Century Muscle Cars
21STCENTURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #10
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Drives: RX350
Pfadt stuff is awesome. I've seen and felt it on a lot of C5/6s.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #11
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21STCENTURYMUSCLECARS View Post
Hi Jordan, those look great!!

We have sold the PFADT products for the Corvette for quite some time and
they are awesome products and great people to do business with.

We will surely have these on our new 2010 shop car in the near future.

Best Regards,
John Page
Twenty First Century Muscle Cars
Hi John! Thanks!!! We have a lot of development time in these products and we're extremely excited about the Zeta platform!!

How is everything! We appreciate the kind remarks!!

We'll let you know when we get our production units on the shelf!

Kind regards,
Old 06-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #12
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxJunkie View Post
Pfadt stuff is awesome. I've seen and felt it on a lot of C5/6s.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:27 AM   #13
WILWAXU

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 1LE
Great looking stuff!
WILWAXU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #14
PfadtRacing

Pfadt Coil Over Pricing

We finally have our Introductory Pricing finished for the 2010 Pfadt Camaro Coil Over System!

Here is an overview that outlines the advantages of our Inverted Coil Over System:

1. Mono Tube Design
2. Inverted for less unsprung mass and increased Strut Strength
3. 16 points of damping adjustment
4. Adjuster is on the bottom of the shock and no tools or lifting are required to make damping adjustments; including detents so you can match damping
5. 0 to 3 inches of ride height adjustability without sacrificing shock travel
6. Suggested starting points, knowledgeable tech support
7. Strong dealer network and outstanding product support
8. Engineered specifically for the Camaro and no other applications

Sale Price $2250

We're expecting to have our production batch in the next 6-8 Weeks. We've already received pre-orders from Dealers as well as customers. Pre-Order today and make sure you get the Pfadt Coil Overs as soon as we assemble them! The Deposit is $500.

Please feel free to call or email us anytime! We appreciate everyone's interest in Pfadt products and have a great day.

Kind regards,