Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-15-2015, 03:14 PM   #1
Chrisco22

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro LS
"Tighten Gas Cap"

For some reason, the past three to four days my engine light has been on (Something I'm used to with the headers in the car). It certainly bothers my OCD but if there really isn't anything wrong i guess its fine. I used to have the trifecta tune in my car so i could simply reload the tune and it would clear all the codes. Sorry for the rant, i guess the point of this post is wondering if anyone else has ever gotten this. For the past two months, no engine light at all. Now this (i believe it is for that but i do not have the trifecta software to check the codes at the moment since i recently changed over to using a mac). Is there something i can do to stop it from going off? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2011 Camaro LS: [Rally Yellow] [22" Status Rims] [BBK Long Tube Headers w/ High Flow Cats] [Trifecta Tune] [K&N CAI] [Blacked out Bow Ties and Tail Lights] [15% Tint] [MAC Mufflers] [Rear Cat Delete] [Vmax Black Ice]
Chrisco22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 06:53 PM   #2
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
You need to get an ODBII scan tool and plug into your car to see what error code is being displayed. If you don't have one AutoZone typically will do a scan and tell you what the code is.

If you don't want to go though all of that then disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and it should reset the code, but it might also put your radio back to default. Doing this will not however tell you what the initial problem is so I would get the car scanned. Make sure that the gas cap is on and not loose as an open gas cap will give you errors.

Hope that helps.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote