#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-26-2018, 02:25 PM   #85
aka Reckless

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessey Performance View Post
While we do appreciate all of this attention, I would suggest that everyone take a deep breath and lower the testosterone levels here. If THE EXORCIST is your target then go beat our 217 mph. If its easy then you should have already done it. If you haven't then quit whining and let your car do the talking. Vengence we have nothing against you guys but your fan boi talked a little shit and got spanked. As far as we are concerned thats the end of it. Thanks.
Got spanked? I like getting spanked You are not gonna get under my skin.

HPE has a market that is much different than VR. HPE caters to folks who want a turn-key, "production like" vehicle. VR caters to racers. Two different worlds. I am not worries about any of this. I am retired. Been around the biz for 20 years and I know who to get behind.
aka Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:28 PM   #86
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NITEMER View Post
The solution is simple, all these big time shops each build a car drop them off at my house and I will test them and give my opinion and rate them.....
haha, there ya go.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:28 PM   #87
aka Reckless

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Vengeance Racing = Real Racing Results

HPE = Creative Commercials
aka Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:35 PM   #88
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoy View Post
There shouldn't be a problem??? I get it, HPE should just get a pass on their past and everyone should just pretend that stuff never happened? That's crazy talk. Every person on this board has a right to bring that up, and HPE has every right to defend himself, which we've already seen the manner in which he does.

EVERY business is contingent upon marketing, man. Otherwise, you'll be outta business real quick and in a hurry....That's old news. It's the service you provide your clients AFTER your marketing pulls them that counts. You keep talking about marketing, marketing, marketing, as if okay for a business to be devoid of a moral compass just because their marketing works. And it's that type of mentality that results the reviews that we've seen.
I actually built my company and sold it. Been there done that. 3 times actually. I know the game. And I'm presently building my own crypto token, so please, you don't want to even act like I don't know what I'm doing.

That's not my point anyways. You are taking what I wrote like I'm trying to give them a pass. But, at the end of the day, I personally don't care. Just saying, EVERY TIME Hennessey puts out a car, everyone gets their panties in bunch and it's comical at best. It lets me know what other companies have a problem with them. Instead of bitching about it, I think they should step up their game or just shut up and go about continuing to build their company. I started with $1300 back in 2004. Sold my company for $3 million. You think I focused on what my competitors were doing? Nope. Could give 2 shits about them. Cus I knew my own goals were to build a company and sell it. That's what I do. Started 2 other web companies from scratch and sold them each for $1 million. Now I get to do nothing for a living other than watch biches whine on the internet about who is building what.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:38 PM   #89
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
You validated my point. The question is, why is nobody else in this industry doing it? I personally go to Matt Sorian for my builds now, but I'm just arguing for the industry as a whole. It seems EVERYONE has a problem with Hennessey and there really shouldn't be a problem. Their competitors should be out there building cars and marketing them the same way instead of complaining about their past, which to me, will never end it seems like. It gets really old honestly. To me, on the business side, it's about $. You either work to make $5mm-$10mm a year or you are happy making $1mm, maybe less like most shops. I know wrenchers trying to make a name for themselves barely able to pay rent. To me, that's not the way to go about it, especially if you've been doing it for 10 years. But, then again, not everyone wants the hassle of actually building a business.

Hennessey gets all the play on the net. Yahoo picks them up. Every mainstream media outlet picks them up. When the build something, it goes out to the whole fkn market. I'd suggest some of the builders on here step it up. It is after all a marketing game.

Vengeance. Weapon X. Ya'll make some bad ass cars btw. Just saying it would be nice to see ya'll get some play. Takes mad cash to get there tho. I mean, Lingenfelter doesn't even get the play Hennessey does. Why is that? Shoot, even Roush doesn't.
I hear what you're saying, but one caveat:

You keep saying "in the past". If it happened in the 1990's, and early 2000's, and then they cleaned up their act for the last 15 years, I would agree 100%. Let bygones be bygones. But there are reports as recently as 2016 of major shady practices still occurring. That's not the past, that's a quarter century of bad business. The fact that their own executives are speaking up on it STILL HAPPENEING means, this is a problem. No company, regardless of how nice their commercials are, or how many suckers they can entice, deserves to be supported with that kind of continued legacy.

For the record, I have no dog in this fight. I am a doctor and am not affiliated with any particular shop. And the two shops that worked on my CTS-V and ZL1 are small shops and are not mentioned here. I just happen to have this pesky thing called empathy, and hate seeing bad things happen to people.
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:38 PM   #90
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Reckless View Post

HPE has a market that is much different than VR. HPE caters to folks who want a turn-key, "production like" vehicle. VR caters to racers. Two different worlds. I am not worries about any of this. I am retired. Been around the biz for 20 years and I know who to get behind.

Well said. I think that's how it is. HPE goes after the turn key guys. Nothing wrong with that. I personally like buying my products from forum vendors, giving them my business and letting Matt Sorian do my builds.

Let's not forget pricing. I just no way in hell pay HPE mark ups. Vengeance and Weapon X and other Vendors can build that car for prob around $30k so.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:45 PM   #91
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
I hear what you're saying, but one caveat:

You keep saying "in the past". If it happened in the 1990's, and early 2000's, and then they cleaned up their act for the last 15 years, I would agree 100%. Let bygones be bygones. But there are reports as recently as 2016 of major shady practices still occurring. That's not the past, that's a quarter century of bad business. The fact that their own executives are speaking up on it STILL HAPPENEING means, this is a problem. No company, regardless of how nice their commercials are, or how many suckers they can entice, deserves to be supported with that kind of continued legacy.

For the record, I have no dog in this fight. I am a doctor and am not affiliated with any particular shop. And the two shops that worked on my CTS-V and ZL1 are small shops and are not mentioned here. I just happen to have this pesky thing called empathy, and hate seeing bad things happen to people.
I'm with you on this. I'm not saying HPE complaints have stopped or that they were from a long time ago only. Cus I'm sure they are going to continue. The hate is real for HPE. And it goes deep. That I know. It's just this shit happens every time his cars come out. And I simply say, shut up or go compete with the guy and try to put him out of business or take part of his strong hold in the industry away. Or, focus on your company and do what you continue to do best.

As mentioned, all of my $ is spend on our forum vendors. They do great work and service. It's just, like, get over it already. If HPE puts out a car, say, congrats and leave it at that. I haven't given HPE a damn dime either so.

It's the.........oh, HPE scammed someone to get that car built. Don't take your car there cus HPE is going to keep your hood and engines. It's like, come on already. haha. Really? The same excuses over and over and over and over again. And to me, my personal opinion, it lets me know others are still afraid of HPE. Alot of insecurities out there. If so many people hate HPE so much, then I say someone needs to out do them. Period. End of story. And, if it's a cash flow problem, hit me up. I'm wanting to get into the performance industry anyways.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:57 PM   #92
GoneBoy

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
I actually built my company and sold it. Been there done that. 3 times actually. I know the game. And I'm presently building my own crypto token, so please, you don't want to even act like I don't know what I'm doing.

That's not my point anyways. You are taking what I wrote like I'm trying to give them a pass. But, at the end of the day, I personally don't care. Just saying, EVERY TIME Hennessey puts out a car, everyone gets their panties in bunch and it's comical at best. It lets me know what other companies have a problem with them. Instead of bitching about it, I think they should step up their game or just shut up and go about continuing to build their company. I started with $1300 back in 2004. Sold my company for $3 million. You think I focused on what my competitors were doing? Nope. Could give 2 shits about them. Cus I knew my own goals were to build a company and sell it. That's what I do. Started 2 other web companies from scratch and sold them each for $1 million. Now I get to do nothing for a living other than watch biches whine on the internet about who is building what.
Most people who comment on HPE's past aren't shop owners. Most are just regular folks who've done a 3 minutes worth of research. It's not like Ron jumped on this thread immediately after the OP and started bashing Hennessy. Alls I'm saying is that when you treat people right, you'll get a good testimonial. When you don't, you have to deal with the fallout. Reaping what you sow works in both directions.

Like some have already said, HPE will continue to make money because their customer base isn't rooted in most forums like this. I guess good for them.

Oh, and I don't think Vengeance bitching about Hennessy. Ron straight called him out for WGF. I'm hoping that challenge is accepted.
GoneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 03:03 PM   #93
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Just to stick my toes in the fire:

HPE stated at the beginning 0-60 and 1/4 mile times would be posted soon. That should quell some of this ranting.

Waiting...
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 03:14 PM   #94
Hennessey Performance

Drives: THE EXORCIST
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Reckless View Post

Agreed and all good.
Hennessey Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 03:17 PM   #95
Hennessey Performance

Drives: THE EXORCIST
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
Just to stick my toes in the fire:

HPE stated at the beginning 0-60 and 1/4 mile times would be posted soon. That should quell some of this ranting.

Waiting...
LOL, no it won't settle anything. Then somebody will say "Maybe it has a big top speed and maybe it goes fast in a straight line, but does it stop or turn?" but thats OK, all this attention is flattering.
Hennessey Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 03:19 PM   #96
kttxz06

Quote:
LOL, no it won't settle anything. Then somebody will say "Maybe it has a big top speed and maybe it goes fast in a straight line, but does it stop or turn?" but thats OK, all this attention is flattering.
haha, as it should be. I love it. Feeds your business. You win in the end.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:13 PM   #97
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
I gotta say this thread is one of the greatest reads in Camaro6 history I think.

Kttxz06, you and I both agree and talk a lot on here. There's no need to reiterate how big HPE is and how much work they do compared to other shops. There's few to any performance businesses that would touch his market size and income. But with all do respect, that's not at all what anyone cared about in this thread. It started with people noticing how much a build like this costs from HPE compared to most other shops. Even from shops that are bigger and command a bigger mark up, nobody said you had to do it in your garage to compete with HPE's pricing here. We all know HPE's pricing markups and "gotchas" is akin to Ferrari and Rolex, now I'm not against paying higher prices for stuff if it's quality with a name behind it, I have and have had both of those brands' products. But that's just not the case for HPE IMO. They have a rough public history. There's videos produced very recently of HPE working over customers cars on their track, and many reports that they do this without asking the customers. Then there's the Viper stuff, and countless threads/articles on first hand customers and employees littered with info that would scare me and most others away.

All in all, do I think HPE is going to give you back a car that's junk? No. Most of what they do in the industry is solid. But, there's still skeletons in the closet that make me and many others just go elsewhere. Do I think that there are dozens of shops that with a owner/manager with a vision and some cash could EASILY blow HPE away in quality, pricing, performance, customer service, and more once they're big enough? Absolutely.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 05:02 PM   #98
Mma6483

Drives: 2017 Zl1
Quote:
You guys show videos of the exorcist on a drag strip but don’t show the times it puts down? I understand maybe some criticism from people saying this and that but it didn’t stop you from posting a top speed video. having a video of a car at a drag strip and not giving a potential buyer an idea of what it will run when your spending 50-60 grand to upgrade a car to that level is a bit odd to me. You post top speed, but no strip times. That’s information I think most potential buyers would like to know. That’s just my opinion.
Mma6483 is offline   Reply With Quote