Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-14-2015, 05:29 PM   #15
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgocamaro_girl View Post
I would recommend you price your Camaro. My 2SS is going to be close to $51,000 + tax and fees. The 2SS has lots of options included but when you start to add things like MRC, NPP, wheels, etc price can get up there.
I did on Chevy's website. It came to 47k.
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 05:30 PM   #16
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
I tried Ebay, Cars.com and Craigslist. Cars.com and Craigslist generated absolutely no activity at all, what so ever. Not even one low ball offer from those 2. Ebay just generated a lot of low ball offers. Any recommendations of where I should try selling this car?
yeah craigslist if tough so many scammers / weirdo's.

how did you have your auction set on ebay. when my Zl1 sold I listed it right around dealer trade with no reserve and people just bid. It was the third time I listed though.

the first two times I listed buy it now accept offers and it went just like you described.

another strategy would be price it at a point you could throw in shipping ~800-1k but some people get all wrapped around the axel on shipping.

I would defiantly go get a solid trade in offer from a dealer so you know what price point you break even is. say they say they will give you 52k for example well you could list it at 53k free shipping and anything extra would be money in your pocket. (i don't know your options or milage so not sure of actual value)

the two that sold on ebay sold in the 52-54k range which is about KBB trade in on PP TP car.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 05:41 PM   #17
Blackdevil77

Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
yeah craigslist if tough so many scammers / weirdo's.

how did you have your auction set on ebay. when my Zl1 sold I listed it right around dealer trade with no reserve and people just bid. It was the third time I listed though.

the first two times I listed buy it now accept offers and it went just like you described.

another strategy would be price it at a point you could throw in shipping ~800-1k but some people get all wrapped around the axel on shipping.

I would defiantly go get a solid trade in offer from a dealer so you know what price point you break even is. say they say they will give you 52k for example well you could list it at 53k free shipping and anything extra would be money in your pocket. (i don't know your options or milage so not sure of actual value)

the two that sold on ebay sold in the 52-54k range which is about KBB trade in on PP TP car.
That's what I'm trying to get for it (52k minimum). I had the reserve set to 52k on Ebay, bidding started at 200 bucks. Then the bids go up to about 40k and stop there. I have it loaded with pictures, I still have the original window sticker, laminated, a first place trophy the car one at a car show for being in immaculate condition and spotless.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:56 PM   #18
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
That's what I'm trying to get for it (52k minimum). I had the reserve set to 52k on Ebay, bidding started at 200 bucks. Then the bids go up to about 40k and stop there. I have it loaded with pictures, I still have the original window sticker, laminated, a first place trophy the car one at a car show for being in immaculate condition and spotless.
you might try one last run of just list at at 52k no reserve and see how it goes. or maybe decide if 52k is the absolute bottom try 51.5k or something that is just a steal.

sounds stupid but that is the way my Zl1 sold.

I kind of scratched my head afterwords. it is a bad time of year though might actaully do better around tax return time.

I assume you have it listed on the forums as well. I did get a couple solid hits there the first week I listed it but I was dumb and thought I was going to get a bit more.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:18 PM   #19
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
Quote:
For those of you that may know or have experience with this particular situation, what happens if you want to trade in a car that's worth more than the car you're trading it in for? For example, I have a 2014 Shelby with a little over 7,300 miles on it which the trade in value is more than that of the cost of a new SS Camaro. If I wanted to trade it in for a 2016 Camaro, what happens? Do I get screwed? I'm sure the dealer isn't gonna pay me the balance/difference. I've been trying to sell it privately but it's very hard to find a buyer with that kind of money to buy a car privately, especially at this time of year.

Anybody have any advice/recommendations for me?
Unfortunately they will find some way to give you less then it's worth . Probably the old " this is a poor time of year to sell a sports car and it will sit on our lot till spring and a car sitting is lost revenue/financing bs "

Maybe knock your price down on the private sale.

You could just go to the dealer and see what they will do. If it's not what you like then just pull the pin on the deal.

I was in the car biz for many of years and heard a lot of stories about unscrupulous deals .

I wish you luck .
Old 11-15-2015, 07:16 AM   #20
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Exactly, you are 100% correct and you think exactly like me. Only thing I was questioning is the Camaro I get probably wouldn't be 50k, odds are it would be worth less than what the trade is worth. It was that scenario that I was wondering what happens. The difference probably wouldn't be much, but if they throw me the difference, then it certainly is a no brainer. They'll probably be much less inclined to give me a discount on the car though if they already owe me money just by paying sticker.
How about you trade you car for a new Camaro PLUS they pay all the taxes? I guess we're assuming you own the trade in free and clear.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:42 AM   #21
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Money always has to go to the dealer. The last thing they want is to have a car that sits forever. They have bills and salary to pay. Most dealers these day do not care what the books say the car is worth they care what the auction price is, and I am not talking about Barrett Jackson I am talking about your local auction that bids money as low as they can go. I checked the local web site hear and the last Shelby 500 with 10,000 miles went for $32,000. in a dealer auction, skyline auto auction in ,PA
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:35 AM   #22
Schlok

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #397 2022 ZL1 #1799
People come in thinking "oh, he must be desperate to sell the car" or something, that's the reason why the low ball offers. Check out Vroom, they will quote you via the Internet and they pick up the car at no charge. They offered me 5k more than any dealership on my Z06. Didn't sell it to them but was curious what it was worth.
Schlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:41 AM   #23
mjgocamaro_girl

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS mosaic black
Quote:
I did on Chevy's website. It came to 47k.
I am just curious how much were you offered by the dealer for trade in? I would check with Vroom like Schlok suggested that is an excellent idea.
mjgocamaro_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:43 AM   #24
American Legend

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
If he sells the car privately, he will make $5k more, but it will cost him $4,300 in taxes plus listing fees, netting him only a few extra bucks for all that work.
Yes, sometimes it makes sense to just trade it in vs sell private party. Just don't be afraid to get multiple trade in offers.
American Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:46 AM   #25
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
Money always has to go to the dealer. The last thing they want is to have a car that sits forever. They have bills and salary to pay. Most dealers these day do not care what the books say the car is worth they care what the auction price is, and I am not talking about Barrett Jackson I am talking about your local auction that bids money as low as they can go. I checked the local web site hear and the last Shelby 500 with 10,000 miles went for $32,000. in a dealer auction, skyline auto auction in ,PA
Exactly.

This is why I will NEVER trade any car in at a dealer.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:57 AM   #26
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Exactly.

This is why I will NEVER trade any car in at a dealer.
FOR SURE!!!

I have only traded 1 vehicle to a dealership because I didn't wanna bother with the private sale. They gave me a fantastic deal though, I could've only squeezed 500 bucks on a private sale but when it comes to performance cars, autotrader ftw. ESPECIALLY if the vehicle you are selling is modded. I sold both my evos (separate times ofc) on auto trader in less than a week. 1 sold in 4 days the other in 6. Both buyers flew in, signed papers and drove back.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 11:17 AM   #27
Blackdevil77

I'll give autotrader a try until the Camaros start coming in. I was offered 48 at a Cadillac dealership, I was toying with the idea of trading it in for a 2013 Z06, but changed my mind. The guy at the dealership said if wasn't for the time of year, he would of been able to offer me more for the car.

I traded in a Focus ST for my Shelby when I bought my Shelby. That was definitely worth it. I paid 25,600 for my loaded ST3 focus st, and they gave me 24k for the trade in. That in addition to the tax break made it like I hardly lost anything.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:28 AM   #28
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
I'll give autotrader a try until the Camaros start coming in. I was offered 48 at a Cadillac dealership, I was toying with the idea of trading it in for a 2013 Z06, but changed my mind. The guy at the dealership said if wasn't for the time of year, he would of been able to offer me more for the car.

I traded in a Focus ST for my Shelby when I bought my Shelby. That was definitely worth it. I paid 25,600 for my loaded ST3 focus st, and they gave me 24k for the trade in. That in addition to the tax break made it like I hardly lost anything.
That's a great deal on the ST! if Caddy dealership gave you 48, you can at least get 50-51 via autotrader. My suggestion would be pricing it at 53k so you can wiggle with the buyer and get 51k. "Oh man, I got the guy to come down 2 grand!!! WHAT A DEAL!!!" so you get your 50k+ out of it and the guy got a discount from the listed price... Win Win. Psychological warfare my friend! Another thing, check with your county and state. In AR for example, you have 60 days to buy another vehicle AND get a tax break. Doesn't matter if it was private sale or trade in. Your state might have it, it could be 30 days... I have no idea lol.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote