Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-20-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
Annika

Drives: '11 RJT 1LT/RS
Unhappy An apology to another Portland, TN Camaro Owner

OK, so I just pulled a stunt and I bet the other guy thinks I'm insane...

-Was coming home from work today and pulled down 'D.' Dr., and what do I see? A lovely silver Camaro with (I think) orange stripes. I believe it was a 2SS. Very nice!
Anyhow, the other driver was heading out, so I whipped my car around and began to follow in hopes that this person would soon pull over so I could meet them. No luck! The other driver seemed to be leaving town. That or he/she thought I was totally crazy following them and was trying to get the heck out of dodge. I didn't want to seem rude and flash my lights or anything but I really wanted to meet another owner in person...

On top of that, while I was trying to follow, I turned onto HWY ## and this van across the way also turned and she decided not to stay in her (left) lane, but merge directly into my far right lane. She was completely oblivious to the fact that anther vehicle was beside her. I slammed on the brakes and she misses my nose by maybe a couple of feet!

So, moral of the story, sadly: don't follow other Camaro owners?
To the other driver, I'm so sorry! It really seemed totally crazy now that I think about it!
Annika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
That would have scared the bejeesees out of me. Usually when people are following in another car, intent on pursuing you, it's not for a good reason.

But it would have been nice to meet you!!

What we need is a C5 "Secret Sign"!! :party0038:
Old 06-20-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
Annika

I know...I didn't think about it until after it happened. It was just a "OMG! Another driver! Maybe we can exchange info on cars!" moment. So dumb of me...
I just love this car so much and am really looking forward to meeting other owners. See, I fell in love with the Camaro, but truthfully don't really know a thing about cars. It was the Camaro that pulled at my heartstrings and told me that it was time to learn! The roar of the engine, the classy retro-styled lines, the kick-in-the seat-of-the-pants power...sigh.
So, I'm hoping to find a group of people that will take me under their wing (with lots of patience) and teach me.

I just hope the other driver can forgive me and would maybe still consider meeting up. I'm not even sure the other driver is on this forum...
Old 06-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #4
LuckyWife

Drives: Victoria
I've done that quite a few times, and probably will again in the future.

Although that's pretty standard modus operandi for Becka1988!

Just remember that not all Camaro owners are as excited about the car as we are. It's just a car to them, not a passion. I tell you it sucks to run into those type of people, but it's their loss.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #5
Forcer

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Honestly i do not get to frightend unless im in an area im not used to being around, or if i get followed to my home lol.
Forcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:43 PM   #6
John Deere Boy
I bleed green

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3
I did that a month or so ago to a SIM LT/RS. I knew the girl driving it, but she didn't know I had my Camaro yet. Followed her about half a mile to a parking lot.

2011 2SS/RS LS3. Delivered 4/18/11. Solo Axle-back with J-pipes and quads, 35% tint, Yellow trim kit, Showstopper sidemarkers, babied garage queen.
2006 Silverado 3500 6.0, 1993 Pontiac Bonneville SSE
John Deere Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:48 PM   #7
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Deere Boy View Post
I did that a month or so ago to a SIM LT/RS. I knew the girl driving it, but she didn't know I had my Camaro yet. Followed her about half a mile to a parking lot.
Did you invite her to the event at Hare on July 16th?
Old 06-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #8
ohyeahjay

Drives: 2022 Camaro LT1
I had a similiar experience except i was the one being followed. I noticed the car 1/4 mile back and she did everything to get behind me, once she did she tailgated me really bad, so I turned off thinking she wanted to meet or whatever and she just blasted off, not sure if she thought I was someone else or just really wanted me to notice her
Old 06-20-2011, 07:25 PM   #9
John Deere Boy
I bleed green

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Did you invite her to the event at Hare on July 16th?
Yeah...I better remind her about it though.

2011 2SS/RS LS3. Delivered 4/18/11. Solo Axle-back with J-pipes and quads, 35% tint, Yellow trim kit, Showstopper sidemarkers, babied garage queen.
2006 Silverado 3500 6.0, 1993 Pontiac Bonneville SSE
John Deere Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #10
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Deere Boy View Post
Yeah...I better remind her about it though.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #11
BLcamaro10

Drives: Black silver RS 10
try setting at a dealer ,might meet some new buyers there
BLcamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:39 PM   #12
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyWife View Post
... Just remember that not all Camaro owners are as excited about the car as we are. It's just a car to them, not a passion. I tell you it sucks to run into those type of people, but it's their loss.
+1. So true!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annika View Post
I know...I didn't think about it until after it happened. It was just a "OMG! Another driver! Maybe we can exchange info on cars!" moment. So dumb of me...
I just love this car so much and am really looking forward to meeting other owners. See, I fell in love with the Camaro, but truthfully don't really know a thing about cars. It was the Camaro that pulled at my heartstrings and told me that it was time to learn! The roar of the engine, the classy retro-styled lines, the kick-in-the seat-of-the-pants power...sigh.
So, I'm hoping to find a group of people that will take me under their wing (with lots of patience) and teach me.

I just hope the other driver can forgive me and would maybe still consider meeting up. I'm not even sure the other driver is on this forum...
Annika, you'll find a lot of people here here on the forum that LOVE the cars!! I love these cars too - the people who drive them AND care about them are awesome!! My wife and I look forward to going to lots of shows, I just got back from the Oshawa homecoming two weekends ago and it was incredible!! What an experience to see the cars built and especially to meet some of the people who make them real!!

Hope you post lots here and get more involved in the Camaro community. It's great being a Camaro owner and even better when meeting people like you that love the cars too!!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:05 PM   #13
Annika

Thanks everyone, so very much! I really appreciate it. I think I just got a little too carried away today & learned my lesson. I just downloaded a copy of the new CAMARO5 cards and will just pass those out instead if given the chance.

I'll certainly be around the forum reading and researching the Camaro and cars in general as much as I can. Any tips, tricks or lessons sent my way will be truely and greatly appreciated!
So far, this forum and its members have been great. Hope to chat with you again in other threads and maybe one day, I'll be able to travel and meet other Camaro5 memebers!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #14
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Thats how I met this really hot girl that was a lot of fun for a summer. We both had SVT focus's and she followed me til I pulled over.
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote