Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-01-2009, 09:40 PM   #155
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
I'm hoping the OP is wrong and the interior is fine, but since GM decided only Mid-Westerners and East Coasters were fit to sit in the car and put the cars off limits at the LA Auto Show, and since this car is taking forever and a day to get to dealerships, all I have to go off of is the opinions of others. While I find the exterior design to be the perfect balance of a modern interpretation of the original design, the interior tips a little too far on the "retro" and "style for style's sake" side of things. I'm willing to overlook that only if it is well built out of quality materials. If the quality is Malibu-level, I couldn't be happier. If not...then I might look elsewhere, depending on the level of failure. If there is one thing GM should have learned from their car sales decline is that average consumers (aka not Camaro/GM fanboys) want a solid feeling, comfortable interior. I ask of everyone who doesn't think a good interior is important: What good is fantastic handling if the seats throw you out of the car in a turn? What good is insane speed if you get the feeling it will all rattle itself apart getting there? If the Cobalt SS gets Recaros with high quality grippy surfaces, and the Malibu has a perfectly competitive, solid interior starting below $20K, then I don't think those things are too much to ask for our mid-$20K to $40K performance coupe.

For one I'm an east coaster and I went to the raliegh show. Guess what no one there got to get within 5 feet of the car much less sit in the car.

Call me a fanboy if u want but I've been waiting longer then u for this car. I personaly love what I've seen (pictures) of the production interior. Show me someone that doesn't like something and I'll show u 10 others that do. I take everyones opinion with a grain of salt. You want to know why? Opinions are like A--holes, everyone has one.

U thing waiting 3 yrs is too long try waiting like scott or myself. It's been 7 for us "fanboys". I'm sorry that u are starting to feel it's been too long. But letting others dictate how u feel about ur dicision on the purchase of this car is wrong. You don't let people tell u how to run ur life do you? Then don't let people make the choice for u.

But back on topic. My silverado's interior is not a cheap one IMHO. since it's an 07 I have faith it will be even better.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote