Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #85
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
HOOOAH!!!!!!!!! Old 13F here RLTW!!!
What is this, the Al Pacino impersonation hour at Camaro5?
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #86
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
HOOOAH!!!!!!!!! Old 13F here RLTW!!!

I agree with you as far as the interior goes I really dont care as long as I have the creature comforts I am good, as I plan to make it all motor. When I think muscle cars I think torque and horsepower first and foremost everything else is a very very distance second. My Z06 has a nicer interior than Vettes in the past but thats not what I bought it for. Now the "german" and "brit" in my garage I expect a level of comfort first then performance second..lol oh well I have been trolling this site and decided to finally join. You guys are very "in the know" about a ton of things and I am thankful for that. I am trying to use the search button so that my questions are not repetitive...lol
Ok, off topic for a sec. I know a bunch but RLTW is new...

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...
Old 02-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #87
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Ok, off topic for a sec. I know a bunch but RLTW is new...

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...
RLTW!!
Rangers
Lead
The
Way

and if he were a U.S. Army Ranger also he would have responded with ATW!!
All
The
Way!!
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:38 AM   #88
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
LOL

RLTW!!
Rangers
Lead
The
Way

and if he were a U.S. Army Ranger also he would have responded with ATW!!
All
The
Way!!
That's cool. THANKS guys for your service. Sometimes it isn't said enough.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:42 AM   #89
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
Sitting low to the ground has always been one of the good parts about a Camaro to me, but it's definitely a matter of preference. I know many people who prefer to sit up high for visability, but I'm an old school mini-trucker so I'm used to flying low.

It's hard to compare the Camaro interior to other cars in it's class because they are all so different. The 370Z is just a different animal completely...the Challenger interior should not even be considered it is just so bad...really the only interior I would compare it with is the new Mustang and to be quite honest Ford really did their homework this time. In fact, I never even considered the Mustang as an option until I sat in one at the LA auto show...that interior is amazing.

Let's just hope the production SS Camaro's surprise us in the interior department.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:50 AM   #90
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Ehh, to me worrying about the Camaro interior is kind of like worrying about the plate the steak is sitting on.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:55 AM   #91
Koolwip
Steve & Stefani

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
LOL....I forgot about that movie..... Hooorah is an old military/combat arms mainly - yell...just a way to stay motivated.

oh yeah....seats are comfortable...on topic
Old 02-28-2009, 11:58 AM   #92
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
I think we all have different taste. Many of us have stated how great the interior looks, as well as Fbodfather. I know he is paid to sell it, but none the less if it looked like S%#t he would not be praising it so much.

I thought it was put together quite well. I was not as impressed w/ fabric interior as I was the leather. The stitching on the black fabric interior looked off, but it was in the same manner as the two tone just the white stitching threw it off to me. Others thought it was the cat's meow (sorry, hard time finding catch phrase).

I have seen you posting for a while, and you appear to have a rational side. I think you will agree, there are some tid bits to be improved on, but for the class of car it is well worth the money. Also, for what the interior lacks the exterior makes up for in leaps and bounds. I would never think a person would jump in and say "Whoa, you got robbed". You will enjoy this car.
You're probably right. That's what would keep me from buying this though. If it were bad enough for someone to get in and say "You paid 42k for THIS". Then I would cancel. I've pretty much gotta go with all of your reveiws until I see one in person. Which it's starting to look like the next couple months when my car gets here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolwip View Post
irpq11: I too had to wrestle with the fact that my Benz E500 will keep up with the Camaro (I surprise Corvettes on a daily basis)- it is a fast car (albeit $70,000) but I wanted a true American Muscle car. The interior can be better - just from a cursory look at the layout - but it is not that bad at all. I sat in the Yellow SS for about an hour - it was nice and will work for me. Sure it ain't my Benz, but it is not supposed to be.

from your "hoooah" - sounds like you are a fellow 11B Infantry - more than few years ago for me - but as you know - you never forget!
Again, I wouldn't campare the Camaro and the Lexus or any other luxury model but it can't be crap. It would have to be pretty bad to outweigh all the stuff I like but some opinions are that bad.

1st Coscom, Fort Bragg 1988-1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
irpq, the Camaro just isn't Lexus territory. You'll be trading uplevel interior for 4.6 sec. car (yes) almost a half sec. quicker, that's alot...Infinitely more upgradeable...Better engine...Suspension tuned toward performance. Cushy is ok, but I'll trade it for go-fast any day.

I can't comment on material quality, other than the cloth seating, which is very good. The car I sat in was the black camo test mule with a $hit-load of miles on it, and it was holding up nicely.

I loved the way the car feels from the drivers seat, visibility in forward periferal is fine, rear 180 deg. is not great, but not unbearable. Seating position, shifter position, pedal position were excellent.

How fast is the Lexus in the 1/4 mile?
Don't know about the 1/4 mile but it wont beat the Camaro. In either category. I was just pointing out that it sounds like for the same price, you're giving up more of one category than the other. But I'm basicaly just thinking out loud and letting you guys hear me. lol So I can get some opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Oh by the way now that I'm on this long post, I was in a parking lot at the Proving Grounds Thursday that had 30 or 40 saleable Camaros. Every color and trim (except white and CGM). You guys would have been very happy there.
Number3, I read your summarization and had a few comments cause I really respect your opinion. You've only been driving one for months now. But when I got to the end and read this, I lost all train of thought. I wonder if any of ours are sitting out there.
To hell with the children, this is our Christmas.

Quote:
You gotta serve to fully understand.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #93
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
...I wonder if any of ours are sitting out there...
For what it's worth: From Fbodfather...

We have not shipped any Camaros to dealers --

We will start regular production of Camaros on March 16th -- and ship shortly thereafter.

http://5thgen.org/forum/showpost.php...71&postcount=5

Doesn't say "we haven't built" though...
Old 02-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #94
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
For what it's worth: From Fbodfather...

We have not shipped any Camaros to dealers --

We will start regular production of Camaros on March 16th -- and ship shortly thereafter.

http://5thgen.org/forum/showpost.php...71&postcount=5

Best information I know right now.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:13 PM   #95
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Old 02-28-2009, 12:19 PM   #96
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
I didn't have the exact reaction you did, but I was a little underwhelmed by the SS/RS interior at the Chicago show. I don't mind the retro styling at all, I actually really like it, I just wish better materials were used in certain spots.

The painted silver/faux aluminum trim looks kinda cheapy and the speedo\tach dials look very underwhelming (especially when not illuminated). Better quality trim pieces (perhaps real aluminum for the RS models like the new Mustang offers) would go a long way IMHO. The tach and speedo design of the Camaro Black also would have been much better than the stock, extremely plain Jane version.

Little details like this would make a huge difference. Hopefully there will be aftermarket options to help address some of these things.

I had almost the exact same impression sitting in the LS at the Dallas auto show. The basic materials looked good but I think they could have trimmed it out a little better -- of course this was the LS and I ordered a 2SS so I think the experience may be a little better. When compared to a mustang and challenger, I think the overall interior layout is better because of the contours. The mustang and challenger have a very flat -- decorated plywood dash IMHO. If GM would have trimmed out the instruments and controls like Dodge or Ford did, it would have been the hands-down top dog interior of the three.

One of the attributes that I REALLY liked was how the Camaro has a cockpit feel to it. The sleek side windows make for a completely different experience when compared to todays cookie cutter cars.

As for the guy that said his head was touching the top -- I am certain that the seats were not adjustable. I am 6'2", long in the torso, and I was able to adjust the LS seats so that I could sit in there with a ball cap on. With the seats all the way down, the Camaro has as much head room as my Silverado.

irpq11, as long as you don't expect a luxury type interior, I don't think you will be disappointed. The best way that I can describe the Camaro interior is that it has an outstanding fit, yet a raw, muscle car finish. It is the interior that would would expect when getting into a fire breathing beast. If cadillac-esque gadgets (ie GPS screens) and similar stuff turns you on then you may feel let down.
FirstLSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:20 PM   #97
Attorneyguy

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
Some pics of the bad ass vehicle from the Cleveland auto show...

Attorneyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:24 PM   #98
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
HOLY CRAP THE RJT!!!!