Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #99
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
At the end of the day, you will all make up your minds. Gairrrr unnnn teeeeeed not everyone will be satisfied. If just works that way.

Name the greatest car you can think of and it's not perfect. Unless it's a memory car from high school or something like that.......well wait that was a 74 Vega GT for me soooooooo maybe not so much.

Yes, the interior could be better. But take the car in context for what it is AND what it isn't. For me the Challenger is a very nice looking car. But the interior to me just looks like the took it out of the Charger or 300. It has no retro, nothing new for that interior. It's just a decent interior. Mustang. Well Ford didn't do an all new car. The chassis bits are probably tuned better, but I don't think they invested much in the things the Camaro has in spades, chassis dynamics, even in the V6. (As a side, the guys I trust to make judgements on the dynamics are all impressed with just driving Number 3, a 1LT) So Ford put a bit more $$ into the interior and it is a nice improvement over the 09.

Developing an automobile is all about balancing. You couldn't give a customer a $26,000 (Number 3 sticker) with all of the chassis bits, SIDI motor, 6 speed auto or manual, etc. etc. AND a luxury car or near luxury car interior and make enough of a profit to justify the car.

There are trade offs. Trunk opening is another example. Could it have been bigger? Sure, but you would have given up a lot of the character of the car. Just stand behind any Camaro and sight down the top of the rear quarter panel where the rear pillar comes down. Nice isn't it. Some people would trade that for a bigger trunk opening. Not me.

I haven't read very many poor opinions on the Camaro on this site. You guys all have good opinions and observations. For the most part this is a collective of guys who really know and understand cars, which is what I like most about Camaro5.

But to get the whole picture of the interior, you just can't get it sitting in the car at an auto show. And soon enough you will be driving them and you will be able to form an overall impression of the Gen 5 Camaro.

And as I've said, I can't wait for those posts.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:30 PM   #100
Attorneyguy

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
Two other things I didn't like about the Camaro after seeing it firsthand (although I have read about these items in depth).

First, there is virtually no back seat. I know this doesn't matter to many future Camaro owners, but damn is it tight back there. You really begin to appreciate how tight it is when you see it in person. Don't make me sit back there!

Second, the trunk in the Camaro is virtually useless (and maybe I'm saying this because I'm spoiled by the G8's massive trunk). After the trunk lid of the Camaro was opened at the auto show, someone in the crowd asked, "Where did the rest of the trunk go?" A second person answered, "They left it back in the factory." Once again, trunk space probably won't matter to most Camaro owners, which is a good thing because you won't be hauling things in this car.

Of course, all these concerns just melt away when you start looking at the black Camaro in the photos above. Damn is that a fine looking vehicle! I can't wait to start seeing these on the road.
Attorneyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:34 PM   #101
Koolwip
Steve & Stefani

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
OMG - that RJT is beautiful - I have to stick with Black - but damn....that RJT is beautiful....
Old 02-28-2009, 12:36 PM   #102
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
See.......soon as ABL was a wrap.... got some thing else to worry about now.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:36 PM   #103
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attorneyguy View Post
Two other things I didn't like about the Camaro after seeing it firsthand (although I have read about these items in depth).

First, there is virtually no back seat. I know this doesn't matter to many future Camaro owners, but damn is it tight back there. You really begin to appreciate how tight it is when you see it in person. Don't make me sit back there!

Second, the trunk in the Camaro is virtually useless (and maybe I'm saying this because I'm spoiled by the G8's massive trunk). After the trunk lid of the Camaro was opened at the auto show, someone in the crowd asked, "Where did the rest of the trunk go?" A second person answered, "They left it back in the factory." Once again, trunk space probably won't matter to most Camaro owners, which is a good thing because you won't be hauling things in this car.

Of course, all these concerns just melt away when you start looking at the black Camaro in the photos above. Damn is that a fine looking vehicle! I can't wait to start seeing these on the road.
It can't possibly be any more useless than the trunk in the GTO. No way. And I still managed to utilize it's maximum potential when needed...

Old 02-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #104
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:

I've had occasion to drive with 2 in the back seat. And yes they were fully growed humans. No it isn't a G8 but it isn't a sedan either. If you put the front seats forward a bit there is room enough. I don't know of many coupes that have a lot more room than the Camaro. You just have to put the seats forward.

Also, the trunk in the Camaro is verrrrryyyyyy roomy. It's the size of the opening. I was able to pack as much in the trunk of the Camaro on the trip to California as I was in a G8 we took to Florida last year. So there is plenty of trunk space. Don't let the opening size fool you.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:40 PM   #105
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Hey, number 3; don't you still owe us some video of your ride? hmmmm?
Old 02-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #106
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

well I figured after the video of fbodfathers car was all over the place from that "other" site, there was no need to see little ol' Number 3.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #107
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
hey us v6 guys wanna see number3
Old 02-28-2009, 01:47 PM   #108
VJCamaro
Please not have any Delay

Drives: 2SS, RS, Sunroof, Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
well I figured after the video of fbodfathers car was all over the place from that "other" site, there was no need to see little ol' Number 3.
Come on Number 3, don't hold out on us! More pics and vid the better I'll sleep at night.
VJCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #109
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:

Might be relavant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Back Seat: You'll see in the pics below some of me in the back seat. I'm 5'9", I sat in the front seat and adjusted it so I was comfortable to drive, then I hopped into the back seat to see how much room there is. There's room but not a lot. I was comfortable but not something I'd like to do for more than an hour or so. Kids will have no problem in the back. Plus I could easily move the drivers seat up and still be able to drive the car if there was a bigger person in the back. I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised with the room in the back seat.

Knees straddling the front seat. (Comfortable)

Knees directly behind the front seat. (Not so comfortable)

Look, I'm a fan of the camaro5 interior. But, both the G8's and Malibu's top level interiors are "nicer" than the Camaro's. If interior is the most important thing to you, There are other GM cars that you will like better.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #110
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I still wanted to see more vids, hey i was the guy who asked lmao! This calls for number 3 to do some nice afternoon driving and get back to us pronto!
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #111
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
If there is no room, the passenger in the back will just have to widen up their legs, we went to montreal in the back of my brothers mustang, and we have all decided that the Camaro is more spacious then the mustang in the back for sure. For a sports car, i thhink people will be surprised as long as they are only expecting sprts car room, not Maybach room
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #112
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Still more room in the back than my vette..lol
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote