Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 07-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #701
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreature View Post
hey taz, was that the same starbucks you guys met for the first island day cruise? if so, could i get the address again.
some good news and bad news, i just received my lighting stuff from AAC. i installed everything except for my footwells and ColorShift halos. well actually i tried to install my footwells but for some reason it wont turn on, hopefully with the help from AAC ill figure this out. if things look good, ill have my AAC headlights installed by this sunday or i wont make it at all.
What are the issues with your footwell? I had installed some AACS footwells and was working fine but one of the lights just went out. Only on for a short time. Just curious what your issues are, if you don't mind sharing.
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #702
taz
Taz

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro
Change on sundays cruze - Prevention of Domestic Violence

For those who want to go down as a group lets plan on meeting at Bob's Big Boys in Mapunapuna by 8:00am and head down to Kalaeloa at around 8:15 am.

Event: "Hot Rods for a Cause" Car Show to Prevent Domestic Violence
Date: This Sunday, July 11th
Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Cost: Free

The GOAL of this event is to Prevent Domestic Violence and provide Education and Awareness.

Note: The cruise is free and open to all types of car clubs. Businesses can go too with no booth fee. A small donation will be very much appreciated: $5 per vehicle and maybe $20 for businesses. If you want to donate part of your proceeds, they are welcome to that too. The coordinator said pop up tents can be brought in since it'll be an all day affair, but probably need to be able to tie down.
taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #703
Kreature

Drives: Summit White 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Kreature, are you doing the install of your Halo's yourself? or did you find someone on island to do them? I'm still here in San Antonio counting down my days. I di miss driving my car, there are so many Camaro's over here but most of them are filthy (in my opinion) LOL. I have actually seen every color since I have been here. Well I hope there will be some gathering around mid August. See you all soon.

Craig
yup im going to do the install myself, as for the footwell install it just wont turn on, im guessing either the tubes are broken or something within the wires aren't connecting.
Kreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #704
Hawaii_Subs

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
Send a message via MSN to Hawaii_Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
For those who want to go down as a group lets plan on meeting at Bob's Big Boys in Mapunapuna by 8:00am and head down to Kalaeloa at around 8:15 am.

Event: "Hot Rods for a Cause" Car Show to Prevent Domestic Violence
Date: This Sunday, July 11th
Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Cost: Free

The GOAL of this event is to Prevent Domestic Violence and provide Education and Awareness.

Note: The cruise is free and open to all types of car clubs. Businesses can go too with no booth fee. A small donation will be very much appreciated: $5 per vehicle and maybe $20 for businesses. If you want to donate part of your proceeds, they are welcome to that too. The coordinator said pop up tents can be brought in since it'll be an all day affair, but probably need to be able to tie down.
I won't be making this one, as I will be on leave off island for a week. 808Camaros is doing something the last weekend of July as well, and I will most likey be in Guam for a couple weeks then. Timing couldn't be worse for finally meeting people / travelling for work. Such is life!

James
Hawaii_Subs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #705
taz
Taz

Quote:
yup im going to do the install myself, as for the footwell install it just wont turn on, im guessing either the tubes are broken or something within the wires aren't connecting.
Alot of folks want to install the halo's from AAC, so any input on how your install went would help us out.

I did run into someone who has a Dodge Charger and said he knows a few Dodge guys who have the AAC Halo's installed. Not sure if theres are different than the camaros. Did say that the owners had to send thier halo's to AAC to have them converted and then they were shipped back.

Just another thing I wanted to add. A couple of days ago, someone pulled along side of me at a stop light and started reving his engine which is not uncommon. When I turned to see who it was (expecting a mustang), I had to laugh cuz it was a Volkswagon! He was laughing as well.

Taz
Old 07-08-2010, 07:33 PM   #706
taz
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii_Subs View Post
I won't be making this one, as I will be on leave off island for a week. 808Camaros is doing something the last weekend of July as well, and I will most likey be in Guam for a couple weeks then. Timing couldn't be worse for finally meeting people / travelling for work. Such is life!

James
I think its the 25th, an island cruze by another car club. A bunch of camaros from 808camaros will be joining this cruze.

Did you make the 4th of July car show? I couldnt make it due to other commitments.

Taz
Old 07-09-2010, 01:08 AM   #707
Hawaii_Subs

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
Send a message via MSN to Hawaii_Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
I think its the 25th, an island cruze by another car club. A bunch of camaros from 808camaros will be joining this cruze.

Did you make the 4th of July car show? I couldnt make it due to other commitments.

Taz
Yup I made the show, the knightrider light was a big hit. One of the mustangs won the hot modern muscle category, it was a nice ride so more power to him. I won a detail kit in the raffle they held, got some nice made in china scratchy mf towels, and some brand of car soap and detail spray. It was fun, a lot of nice cars and a lot of nice people!

James
Hawaii_Subs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:54 AM   #708
Kreature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii_Subs View Post
Yup I made the show, the knightrider light was a big hit. One of the mustangs won the hot modern muscle category, it was a nice ride so more power to him. I won a detail kit in the raffle they held, got some nice made in china scratchy mf towels, and some brand of car soap and detail spray. It was fun, a lot of nice cars and a lot of nice people!

James
LOL made in china scratchy MF cloths. well i spoke with AAC and im pretty sure my footwell tubes are broken, a big relief for me because i thought i did something wrong but yet again disappointed at AAC products.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:56 AM   #709
Kreature

for some reason i always see a red jewel SS with a unpainted GFX kit always reving his engine when he passes by me. Twice already and just today on the freeway, wondering if hes done it to any of you guys or he's just picking on me?:(
Old 07-09-2010, 04:19 PM   #710
taz
Taz

Quote:
for some reason i always see a red jewel SS with a unpainted GFX kit always reving his engine when he passes by me. Twice already and just today on the freeway, wondering if hes done it to any of you guys or he's just picking on me?:(
I havent seen any RJT SS w/ GFX kit as of yet. He must live or work close to you. I mostly see yellow SS in my area. SIM are starting to get popular as well. There is now three in Hawaii Kai that I know of.
Taz
Old 07-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #711
taz
Taz

Quote:
hey taz, was that the same starbucks you guys met for the first island day cruise? if so, could i get the address again.
some good news and bad news, i just received my lighting stuff from AAC. i installed everything except for my footwells and ColorShift halos. well actually i tried to install my footwells but for some reason it wont turn on, hopefully with the help from AAC ill figure this out. if things look good, ill have my AAC headlights installed by this sunday or i wont make it at all.
How is the install going? Just saw a thread on the main discussion page that one of the members had to ship his headlight component to AAC for the colorshift halos. Did you have to do the same thing? His original headlight was damaged in shipping to AAC and didnt have insurance.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93978

If this is so, then the guys waiting shouldnt have to had AAC come out to have them installed.

Taz
Old 07-11-2010, 02:15 AM   #712
Kreature

well i started the install at 5pm today and i dont think ill be able to make it tomorrow morning. so far ITS A PAIN IN THE ASS. The instructional videos that AAC has are off. there are 4 bolts in the side fenders and 1 t20 screw that AAC does not mention! It took me forever trying to figure this out but once you know how to take it off, its simple.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:57 AM   #713
Kreature

so far its 10pm and im still not done but im making progress. opening the housing is taking the longest as of now. make sure you start with a BIG flat head screwdriver, it'll make things alot easier. i had to reheat the lighting assembly about 4 times now, hopefully this fifth time will be the last.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #714
Kreature

Ok, last night was a hectic night. i was so stressed out and tired. heres a better description of what happened and how it went.

Started the install at 5pm, went downstairs to start removing the 6 Fasteners, 2 10mm bolts, and THE 4! 10mm bolts on the side of the fenders as well as a t20 screw that AAC absolutely DOES NOT MENTION. oh yeah the last bolt of the 4 that is located pretty deep in the fender was the hardest and impossible to get out without the help of a friend. Then i removed the 2 10mm bolts under the front bumper and viola! it comes off. Then i removed the 4 screws that attach the headlight to the chasis, unplug everything and there you go your done!
What took me the longest was figuring out how my front bumper comes off with only 3 bolts removed! took me about 1 hour trying to figure that crap out before i realized i needed to remove more bolts than required. i blame AAC for that.

Ok, as for the headlight assembly removal, heres what i did. Baked at 220 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 mins. As i took it out, it really wasnt that hot but i would highly recommend getting some gloves to make the install easier. FIRST AND ONLY TIP i will give as for headlight removal. DONT BE AFRAID TO GET IN THERE with your flathead, kinda hard to explain how to remove it but try to use a "popping" technique rather than a "prying" technique. i was scared at first but it took me about 5 reheats at 230 degrees for 10 mins to be comfortable with it.An important note is to examine how the headlight assembly is sealed by the factory before you start "popping", i will try to put some pictures for you guys. ok headlight assembly was removed, and i removed the 4 t20 screws that attach the halos. what really pissed me off was when johnathan told me that i could leave my factory halos in and just install the colorshift halos right behind them with no problem. WRONG, There is just not enough room for both so i decided to cut the top off the factory ring and install it. reason for this is because i want a diffused look with the LEDs. Ok did that, now it was time to test it before i seal it back with black silicone which i bought at city mill. i went to test it and GUESS WHAT! it doesn't work! WTF. good thing i didnt seal it lol. so i decide to test my other Colorshift halo ring and that works perfectly fine. Now im stuck with a car that i cant drive because i got a broken Halo and a broken footwell tube. i mean jeez, half the sh!t i bought from them dont work? its costing me time and money. I have to wait for them send me a new footwell tube and a colorshift halo....ughhhhhh.