Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-25-2008, 10:44 PM   #323
LS 1st gen
Kept the Faith.

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS
Send a message via AIM to LS 1st gen
Ron Carter chevrolet in Alvin Texas is notr accepting orders. The sales staff informed me that they believe they will be getting all SS models and they have the biggest allocation in the Houston area. Sounds like a load of crapola.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:43 AM   #324
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Just a friendly reminder about this thread.....

This is pretty much a place where we can "VENT" about the dealerships we contacted who want to empty our pockets. It is a place we can come to and say, "HEY! I was going to go to XYZ dealership, but I see they are charging OVER MSRP. I guess I'll move along and take my business elsewhere."

Again...a thread to complain about dealer markups....which there is NOTHING wrong with (the complaining, that is...).
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:08 PM   #325
Haloman1346
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Vann Gannaway Chevrolet
2200 HWY 441 Eustis, Florida
(888) 261 - 8375
Slogan = "Where the onlything you like about the price, is the buying experience itself!"

I've been talking to the Owner for the past 3 months and He told me that he has NEVER gouged the price on any vehicle they have sold. When i asked him about the Camaroand the economy, he said "I haven't raised the price on any car I've sold, but whos to say what will happen a year down the road?"

Thanks but no thanks, I took my Buisness to a dealer 20 miles away. The problem is, he gave me his word about not selling the car over MSRP..... I never got it in writing, should I be concerned?
Haloman1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:22 AM   #326
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^I'd tell him that a handshake and the word of another should be good enough these days. However, you've been duped before and times have changed....and with that, if you don't mind, I'd like to get it down in writing that MSRP will be honored. I mean no disrespect by asking this...I'm just concerned that something could happen.

I dunno...something like that?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 04:26 AM   #327
Haloman1346
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Thank alot Tag UR It. I'm going to have my roommate use his phone to call the dealership and ask about the Camaro. Hopefully the Dealer will be honest. If he says they wont mark up the price, I'll head down there Monday and see if I can get it in writing. I just hope I didn't drop a grand on my 2SS and come to find out they are marking it up by 10-15k in April.

You know this is total BS that they can LEGALY do this.
Haloman1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:30 AM   #328
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloman1346 View Post
Vann Gannaway Chevrolet
2200 HWY 441 Eustis, Florida
(888) 261 - 8375
Slogan = "Where the onlything you like about the price, is the buying experience itself!"

I've been talking to the Owner for the past 3 months and He told me that he has NEVER gouged the price on any vehicle they have sold. When i asked him about the Camaroand the economy, he said "I haven't raised the price on any car I've sold, but whos to say what will happen a year down the road?"

Thanks but no thanks, I took my Buisness to a dealer 20 miles away. The problem is, he gave me his word about not selling the car over MSRP..... I never got it in writing, should I be concerned?
Yes you should be very concerned.. If you go back and read my situation I eloquently described in this thread, you will see how much you can really trust peoples handshakes and promises..
Old 11-29-2008, 07:02 AM   #329
maxdmax

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Stay away from Walters Chevrolet (the BAD dealer) in Pikeville KY. I have bought over $150,000 in cars from this dealership in the past 3 years. When I went in and asked to pre-order a camaro they told me $5,000 to $8,000 over the sticker price depending on which model I wanted. They will not make another dime from me. I went to another dealer (Music Carter Hughes in Prestonsburg, KY.the GOOD DEALER) 25 miles north and they agreed on MSRP and ordered my car on the spot a month ago.
maxdmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:20 AM   #330
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
We got jerked around by two separate "big" dealerships and ended up going with a tiny dealership that had a 2 car allocation. The big dealers all wanted to add a second sticker so it took a day or so then we found a honest dealership. We are #1 on their list and they have been great. We ended up buying a truck from them at the same time because they were great. They let us know that we could make as many changes as we wanted up until the car goes into production. Great guys. By the way...we are #1 of two...they are still looking for their #2 order. So anyone in WA or OR might want to check out GOOTEE Chevrolet in Chehalis....NO Second Sticker...MSRP guarantee...
GrnMchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:34 AM   #331
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS 1st gen View Post
Ron Carter chevrolet in Alvin Texas is notr accepting orders. The sales staff informed me that they believe they will be getting all SS models and they have the biggest allocation in the Houston area. Sounds like a load of crapola.
Probably they are on the verge of going out of business. It's not a personal thing. Don't want to have upset customers
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:15 PM   #332
SAE05
inconspicuous observer

Drives: 05 GTO
This is a quote from a post yesterday over at GMI News in the chevy section. It sad.

"Our dealership was told we would receive 5 Camaros for the 2009 model year. All of them are pre-sold at $5000 over sticker".

Old 12-16-2008, 09:22 PM   #333
Gen5

Drives: Z28 2002 Maroon/Silver 1SS 2010
I went to 4 dealers in the San Fransico Area and found one that will sell at MSRP or lower. A couple of the dealers said that they were marking up $5000.00 One didn.t have a clue (Strange). If Putnam goes back on there word then I'll just go someplace else and buy a Corvette
Gen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #334
BigTrap1967

Drives: 1969 396SS yellow w/ black str
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
OK, I get the impression that the majority of the general population thinks dealers salesmen/women are out to screw them over… So, I say lets start 2 threads and make them both a “Sticky”. The first thread is dealers that are going to sell every Camaro option offered at or below MSRP.* The second being dealers that are price gouging their customers above MSRP just to make a quick buck.This way our members and the thousands of individuals surfing the internet that cross our site, have a quick source on where to find a good deal on a new Camaro…** CriteriaDealer Nameealer locationealer phone numberealer website:
I bought a 2008 challenger limited addition for about 3,000$ under sticker and at the same time my friend paid about 50,000$ for the same car because at the time their wasn't many around.I sale classic car for a living so every car i buy I intended to sale one way or another.up until the new camaro i wouldn't pay over sticker for any car car period.I saw a camaro on ebay and jumped on the opportunity to buy one of the first cars, and got suckered into paying 4000 over sticker.I love chevys and wish i could keep my camaro but i am probably going to sale it to some other guy who can't wait t get one and get my money back plus a profit.am i wrong for that????
BigTrap1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:54 AM   #335
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTrap1967 View Post
Am I wrong for that?
You're wrong for repeatedly using the word "sale" when the correct word would be "sell".
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:30 PM   #336
BigTrap1967

Drives: 1969 396SS yellow w/ black str
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
You're wrong for repeatedly using the word "sale" when the correct word would be "sell".
my bad
BigTrap1967 is offline   Reply With Quote