Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 09:37 PM   #673
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Great work. Can't wait to see it rolling along.

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Vengeance Racing Kaotic Cam, DOD/VVT delete and LS3 conversion, American Racing LT Headers, American Racing Headers Off Road pipes, Borla S-Type Catback, FTI Billet Triple Disk 3600 rpm Torque Converter, DSS Aluminium Drive Shaft, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
Old 09-19-2015, 09:22 AM   #674
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
You think you learned a lot building the car, wait until you start driving it, especially if on the track. Your learning will be exponential not just in tuning ur car, but fixing all the randop problems you will have.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:06 AM   #675
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Every great, legendary team started out not being great or legendary; but they had to start somewhere. You guys have done an incredible job to come as far as you have in such a short time. And really, you're still only at the beginning of a long and noteworthy career. Your computer modeling skills are impressive. Did you model that front end yourself or get that from GM? What software are you using?
Hey Doc, we cant always count on you for a good word! e really appreciate all the kind words of encouragement. We paid $300 to become SEMA members. Then we paid $700 to get all of GM CAD files. Let me know if you need any and we will hook you up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Sam View Post
Keep up the great work and attention to the details. It is in the details that make it great. Sam
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FAST SS View Post
Great work. Can't wait to see it rolling along.
Thnaks guys for the props

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyk-NO View Post
I saw that pic with the carbon z28 diffuser with brackets fitted on it but the middle part is gone. I'm assuming its a custom diffuser in the works?
Good eye, stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
You think you learned a lot building the car, wait until you start driving it, especially if on the track. Your learning will be exponential not just in tuning ur car, but fixing all the randop problems you will have.
Definitely looking forward to it! We have developed really good friends with a lot of experience in that area we will be leaning on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressh View Post
just my .02 Canadian Cents, which equates to .0075 American
Now thats funny right there, LOL

Well we have the beginning of paint. We are paint the cage and interior in two parts. This is twice the amount of work but you get better results. You end up minimizing any possibility of over spray. We are also doing the bars in a mat finish (gives a little more sheen) and the rest of the interior in a flat finish. There will e a slight contrast but like it has been stated, its all in the details.

Name:  024.jpg
Views: 1707
Size:  139.4 KB

Name:  041.jpg
Views: 1704
Size:  145.6 KB

All the CF in being painted clear to give it consistency before getting satin finish.

Name:  045.jpg
Views: 1694
Size:  209.7 KB

Name:  046.jpg
Views: 1728
Size:  190.3 KB

Attachment 745116

This is always a little nerve racking!

Name:  004.jpg
Views: 1712
Size:  120.0 KB

Justin figure out a way to installed the hood latches without having the cut out open the bottom side of the hood to access nuts that hold down the Aerocatch like you see in the picture below.

Name:  HP3.jpg
Views: 1796
Size:  15.6 KB

Basically, its a billet bezel that has a tap for the screws to insert into, eliminating the need for nuts. The two studs are mounted to the bezel. they allow you to hold the bezel in place as you bolt the latch into the bezel. Once the bolts are installed, you remove the studs and install the two remaining bolts. The bezel sandwiches the catch without any nuts.

Name:  005.jpg
Views: 1655
Size:  167.4 KB

The only thing you'll see from the bottom of the hood is the 1/2" hole for the pin.

Name:  010.jpg
Views: 1716
Size:  209.5 KB

The hood has a 2" circle (see picture below) on each side. The one on the passenger side is where the hood strut mounts to. The one on the driver side serves no purpose other than symmetry. We positioned the hood pins to come out of each circle.

Name:  051.jpg
Views: 1880
Size:  250.7 KB

to do this, we had to make brackets to position the pins in this location.

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 1712
Size:  109.6 KB

All of the install we've seen, the pin is just mounted on the rad support were the factory rubber bump stop goes. The challenge is the pins look like they are to close the edge of the hood line. By doing it this way, they pins sit a few inches further back and look more especially pleasing form the top. We also angled them slight to follow the cowl line instead of positioning them straight forward.

Again, it’s all in the details.

Again, its all in the details.

Last edited by Moreno1; 09-20-2015 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:58 PM   #676
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL575BumbleBee View Post
Details are what sets cars apart
Ain't that the truth.

This is one of my favorite feature. Justin tackle this one on his own and has really out done himself.

Still needs to get welded. It will be powder coated anthracite. The bolts are counter sunk bead blast and nickel plated. It will have a CF insert with some sort of skid tape. Through the dimple dies you'll see the material we will use to cover the floor.

Name:  040.jpg
Views: 2079
Size:  104.6 KB

Here is a summary of what going on and the time line:

Received the trans from RPM today. Had them do their top stage package.

We will be spraying the floor tomorrow.

We have three hide of Napa leather being flown from England for the door panels, dash, and center consul.

ARP is making us custom blots for the cradles and suspension

Painting the engine bay and under carriage on Saturday.

We are shipping the entire exhaust back to Jet Hot to get them re-coated in a new color that hasn't been release yet.

Might change out the wheels if we like one of the two new designs Forgeline is coming out with.

It will go to the paint shop to get the exterior done

all stainless lines were dropped off yesterday to get polished.

Last is taking it to the upholstery shop.

Only concern right now other then time is we are still waiting for the rockers, splitter and flares.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:40 AM   #677
Z28LS7
Driver's Club AZ

Drives: '14 HPE Z/28, '16 2SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post
The fog light pods were converted into brake ducts. We are having them 3D printed as a rapid prototype to make molds from.
I'd be interested in these.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:53 PM   #678
climb-101

Drives: 2010 2ss
I love the pic of justin cutting the carbon with an "approved" safety mask. just giving you guys some crap. the car is turning out awsome. can't wait to see it finished.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:07 PM   #679
Synner

Drives: cars
Hood pins are slick, you should be selling that idea to the company or sell the adapters to others wanting to class up their installs.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:25 PM   #680
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Old 09-28-2015, 01:24 AM   #681
Moreno1

Beat .... long day and didnt get half the stuff accomplished! I'll try to reply to your post tomorrow and post more pics.

Did a quick inventory check today of what needs what

Name:  024.jpg
Views: 1584
Size:  123.2 KB
Old 09-30-2015, 01:58 PM   #682
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by www.MorenoMotorsports.com View Post
Beat .... long day and didnt get half the stuff accomplished! I'll try to reply to your post tomorrow and post more pics.

Attachment 746470
Old 10-01-2015, 09:09 AM   #683
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:

Attachment 746470
You guys are turning into the Singer Design of the Camaro world. Beautiful stuff, just great work!
Old 10-01-2015, 11:25 AM   #684
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Well we have the beginning of paint. We are paint the cage and interior in two parts. This is twice the amount of work but you get better results. You end up minimizing any possibility of over spray. We are also doing the bars in a mat finish (gives a little more sheen) and the rest of the interior in a flat finish. There will e a slight contrast but like it has been stated, its all in the details.
Car looks great! When I finished up my old civic track car about 5 years ago I did the same thing but with a gloss black on the bars and the factory grey on the interior. It was subtle, but well worth the time.

Matt
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2015, 10:50 AM   #685
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Guys keep up the grate work, but get it done you have less then 30 days to SEMA.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:00 AM   #686
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Guys keep up the grate work, but get it done you have less then 30 days to SEMA.
No pressure lol

Closed Thread