Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #827
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
You know it brotha! I'm working on a few things that'll bring a few of us closer together Actually includes both members in this post Niko, you can always come to the GM Nationals with us in June, the car's going to be on display indoors, and it's the biggest GM show in the country.....Roadtrip?
DUDE I will be in State college, PA. Thats only 2 hours away from Carlisle. Ill be there!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #828
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos30 View Post
DUDE I will be in State college, PA. Thats only 2 hours away from Carlisle. Ill be there!
Sweet Niko! PM me your cell & I'll do mine to you. We got a suite at the Days Inn for the weekend

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #829
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 SS , 2014 SS
loving the interior !
Old 05-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #830
Kartashian
SoCal HT5

Drives: The Punisher
BLACK ON BLACK
Old 05-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #831
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

Drives: 1991 Mazda B2200
Hell yeah bro!!!!!!!! way to go!!!!
kickasswelch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:30 PM   #832
Kronix

What a way to start the weekend!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlayer-SS View Post
loving the interior !
Thanks SS, now that I'm finally settling in back home in NJ, I can start to really take some good pics, plus I got a lot of stuff coming to update the interior (See Below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartashian View Post
BLACK ON BLACK
Thanks K, I think the monochrome, one color look just fits the car perfectly...Wait till you see what's coming next!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickasswelch69 View Post
Hell yeah bro!!!!!!!! way to go!!!!
Thanks Lil' Bro, I'm pretty damned psyched at the GM National invite, then I come home today and find this below in my inbox!!!

So as I always think of things to add, even though I say I'm done I had ordered a Cipher Auto Harness Bar & Cipher Auto 4 point harnesses last week since I'm within 40 minutes of 3 kick ass tracks, Atco, Englishtown & the new one in Millville, and I'm going start racing again. So I thought maybe seats, so I happened to stumble across Corbeau Racing seats, and as I'm glancing over their site I see a Sponsorship tab, click it, read the requirements and fill out the application and emailed it last week. Honestly, I thought I wasn't getting it cause I never heard back, until I got this email 20 minutes ago!!! Hell ya!!!!! Some people have to pay thousands for seats, I'm getting my choice for repping the company! I'll throw a sticker on the car & bring swag to the events, I know the deal! This was like hitting the lottery!

Now what seats to get?
Maybe I'll post some options and you guys can help me decide

Sure is going to be tough when the new Stingray comes out, but I look at it this way, the mags, the sponsors, the Nationals invite all increase the value

John,

We are pleased to inform you that your application for sponsorship has been reviewed and accepted for a full sponsorship. At Corbeau we take great pride in those cars that we sponsor. We receive hundreds of sponsorship inquiries each week and only a select few are accepted.

Along with the seats you will receive, we will also provide you with promotional material as you travel to different shows, races and events. We will also serve as a reference for any other sponsors you are seeking. Once you have installed the seats in your vehicle, we will place pictures of your car on the "Team Corbeau" website, thus giving you added exposure.

We would like to discuss the details of the sponsorship with you over the phone. Please take time this weekend to review our products and decide on what you would like to order. DO NOT CALL UNTIL MONDAY. Once you call we will give you more information about your sponsorship with us. Again, we thank you for choosing Corbeau and we are confident in the success these products will bring you.

Sincerely,

Axxxxxx Mxxxxxx
Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX, Ext. XXXX (Didn't think it was necessary to post his name)
http://www.corbeau.com

I must admit, quite a few good things have happened since I moved back to NJ from Cali May 1st. I just wish my best bro was alive to experience it with me. I know he's looking down and smiling, but I just wish he were here....This build was for you bro, RIP Timmy(Pictured on left)
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2013, 01:24 AM   #833
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Hey J i'm sure he's proud of you and the most important thing is to keep the good and positive memories you have of him like that smile he has and remember what you taught me "we only live once", really happy for ya that good things are happening and i'm sure greater things are cominn your way ,you're a great person J and you deserve all the best bro, as for the seat choice my vote would be the new Z28 seats look sick and i think they can house the cypher kit beautifully.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #834
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS

John,

We are pleased to inform you that your application for sponsorship has been reviewed and accepted for a full sponsorship. At Corbeau we take great pride in those cars that we sponsor. We receive hundreds of sponsorship inquiries each week and only a select few are accepted.

Along with the seats you will receive, we will also provide you with promotional material as you travel to different shows, races and events. We will also serve as a reference for any other sponsors you are seeking. Once you have installed the seats in your vehicle, we will place pictures of your car on the "Team Corbeau" website, thus giving you added exposure.

We would like to discuss the details of the sponsorship with you over the phone. Please take time this weekend to review our products and decide on what you would like to order. DO NOT CALL UNTIL MONDAY. Once you call we will give you more information about your sponsorship with us. Again, we thank you for choosing Corbeau and we are confident in the success these products will bring you.

Sincerely,

Axxxxxx Mxxxxxx
Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX, Ext. XXXX (Didn't think it was necessary to post his name)
http://www.corbeau.com

I must admit, quite a few good things have happened since I moved back to NJ from Cali May 1st. I just wish my best bro was alive to experience it with me. I know he's looking down and smiling, but I just wish he were here....This build was for you bro, RIP Timmy(Pictured on left)[/QUOTE]

John,
Kathy and I are so happy for you and the family...in every sense of the word, my friend!!

Sounds like everything is now doing an about-face. I am so excited for you with your new sponsorship and the new look for ZLX!!...

Now....as for You and Tim---As close as you two were and still are I am sure, ya know--there are two and only two 'one-eyed-jacks' in the deck. And as the Warden on Shawshank Redemption said, "And you are as thick as thieves"...

I used to play a lot of poker. If I would get the pair of "buds" in the hole, I would simply grab some cash and away we would go!!...they were ALWAYS good to me...can't say they let me down too often. My point is as special as the two one-eyed-jacks are to me, You and Tim are more special. I so wish I could have met him along with yourself---but ya know, I somehow have the feeling I already have!!
Take care MY FRIENDS.....J and T....

Kurt ABL99...
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #835
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Hey J i'm sure he's proud of you and the most important thing is to keep the good and positive memories you have of him like that smile he has and remember what you taught me "we only live once", really happy for ya that good things are happening and i'm sure greater things are cominn your way ,you're a great person J and you deserve all the best bro, as for the seat choice my vote would be the new Z28 seats look sick and i think they can house the cypher kit beautifully.
Pierre,
What a nice thing to say!! I agree on every level....

Nicely done my friend....Oh BTW.....Nice Ride....I think I have said that before...but all good things are worth repeating...

Kurt ABL99...
Old 06-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #836
Kronix

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Kathy and I are so happy for you and the family...in every sense of the word, my friend!!

Sounds like everything is now doing an about-face. I am so excited for you with your new sponsorship and the new look for ZLX!!...

Now....as for You and Tim---As close as you two were and still are I am sure, ya know--there are two and only two 'one-eyed-jacks' in the deck. And as the Warden on Shawshank Redemption said, "And you are as thick as thieves"...

I used to play a lot of poker. If I would get the pair of "buds" in the hole, I would simply grab some cash and away we would go!!...they were ALWAYS good to me...can't say they let me down too often. My point is as special as the two one-eyed-jacks are to me, You and Tim are more special. I so wish I could have met him along with yourself---but ya know, I somehow have the feeling I already have!!
Take care MY FRIENDS.....J and T....

Kurt ABL99...

I guess it's only fitting that 2 of my biggest supporters gave the first replies. P, like Kurt said, that was an awesome thing to say. Both of you friends always seem to know the right things to say at the right time! I know Timmy would be proud, heck he was proud just seeing pictures as the car was getting built, and couldn't wait to see it and drive in it. I know he's always riding shotgun with me, but I would give anything to just look over and see him there or hear his laugh again. We were both speed addicts, we both Kawasaki Ninjas at the same timer, he'd have his Trans Am and me my Camaros, and we just lived for cruisin and going fast, whether it was on the land or sea. I try everyday to keep the good memories flowing in head.

Thanks for the great additions to my pictures Kurt , very fitting my friend, Thank you!

As I was looking through the Corbeau seats trying to pick which ones I want, I think it's best to go with black leather to match the rest of the car & the back seat. They make them in microsuede, cloth & black leather, and I just can't see putting in anything but the leather. I haven't seen the Z28 seats Pierre, so I'll have to check them out and see if Corbeau makes anything similar, unless you see one pictured below from the choices I've picked so far, let me know.

Corbeau Models I think I've narrowed it down to are, in order pictured:
CR1
LG1
VX2000
TRS
Attached Images

Last edited by Kronix; 06-17-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #837
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

The Z28 seat leather is the same color and quality as your car so it would be a perfect fit.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #838
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
I guess it's only fitting that 2 of my biggest supporters gave the first replies. P, like Kurt said, that was an awesome thing to say. Both of you friends always seem to know the right things to say at the right time! I know Timmy would be proud, heck he was proud just seeing pictures as the car was getting built, and couldn't wait to see it and drive in it. I know he's always riding shotgun with me, but I would give anything to just look over and see him there or hear his laugh again. We were both speed addicts, we both Kawasaki Ninjas at the same timer, he'd have his Trans Am and me my Camaros, and we just lived for cruisin and going fast, whether it was on the land or sea. I try everyday to keep the good memories flowing in head.

Thanks for the great additions to my pictures Kurt , very fitting my friend, Thank you!

Prepping for the Nationals, I'm getting show boards made. I couldn't decide between the 2 vendors, so I got them both since they're both pretty unique. The black one is actually made of metal and uses a pretty cool process to put it on there so it'll never fade and has a tripod stand. The orange one comes on a special "Gator Board" with metal stand that sits under a tire.

As I was looking through the Corbeau seats trying to pick which ones I want, I think it's best to go with black leather to match the rest of the car & the back seat. They make them in microsuede, cloth & black leather, and I just can't see putting in anything but the leather. I haven't seen the Z28 seats Pierre, so I'll have to check them out and see if Corbeau makes anything similar, unless you see one pictured below from the choices I've picked so far, let me know.

Corbeau Models I think I've narrowed it down to are, in order pictured:
CR1
LG1
VX2000
TRS
John,
Both boards are sweet. They have so much information...how cool is that?

As far as the seats....you have got a heck of a decision to make...glad it's you and not me....

What would be so cool, is to have which ever seat is chosen.....ZLX embroidered on each....

Good luck my friend...remember, I have always said, "That ZLX is one of the hottest rides not only on C5, but anywhere on earth"...

Kurt ABL99...
Old 06-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #839
Kronix

Quote:
The Z28 seat leather is the same color and quality as your car so it would be a perfect fit.
I think you misunderstood Pierre, I have to pick one of the Corbeau seats, but I think I found one that resembles what you're talking about...Take a look, and tell me what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
John,
Both boards are sweet. They have so much information...how cool is that?

As far as the seats....you have got a heck of a decision to make...glad it's you and not me....

What would be so cool, is to have which ever seat is chosen.....ZLX embroidered on each....

Good luck my friend...remember, I have always said, "That ZLX is one of the hottest rides not only on C5, but anywhere on earth"...

Kurt ABL99...
Kurt I agree, the boards were so nice that I couldn't decide on which vendor to get it from so I got both! They're 2 different materials and have different structures for stands, so I'll be able to use them both.

And that was a damn good idea about getting ZLX embroidered on the top! I'm definitely going to go for that, and since they'll be shipped to me, I can just find an embroidery shop and take the seats to them!

So after a weekend of deliberating and going back and forth, here's the Corbeau seat I picked, the LG1

Of course the seats are in stock, but I have to wait 4-6 weeks because the seat bracket isn't in stock for the Camaro So I won't have them for the GM National show, oh well their loss on exposure!

My Granatelli Slotted & drilled rotors & Hawk HPS pads should be in any day, then it's off to Tune Time for install, powder coating of the calipers, (Kurt I think you'll like the color I chose ), new tune for more power since we have 94 octane here on the east coast + my Torco Accelerator puts me at 100 octane, so a few degrees of timing=More Power Like I need that! And a few more undisclosed goodies! I picked up the rear interior deck lid yesterday from the painter and they did an awesome job, pics sometime today.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #840
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

i was going to tell you i like that one ,it's the best looking between them.

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx