Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #15
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
IMO option 2.5.. Gm buys the vehicle back and you get a new one if you desire.

I had a friend who has an explorer. they lemoned his bought it back. and then he got a new one. the dealer tried to have him pay more because the new one was a new model year and hod more features. in the long run he got them to do an "even" swap.
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #16
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Option 1! If you keep smiling every morning when you look at her deserve a one more try... and since you will have option 2 if 1 fail you got nothing to lose! I really hope this get resolve! Is going to be sad see you leave...
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #17
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
I would go with option 1, thats because I love my car WAY too much. I would have them keep fixing it due to the fact that they will eventually get it, you can also get all mad at them and they might strip everything out and replace everything to cover all of the bases in the interior. I would see if they fixed it. If they didn't go to the dealer and tell them they need to fix it and you bought this car at a price point where this stuff shouldn't happen. Thats what I would say.
It's not that simple. I have a full time job, I cannot contiune to bring a car in for repairs that continually need to be redone. While I'd love to have the time and resources to do that, I as well as many, don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
Option 1! If you keep smiling every morning when you look at her deserve a one more try... and since you will have option 2 if 1 fail you got nothing to lose! I really hope this get resolve! Is going to be sad see you leave...
Thanks! Believe me when I tell you I have no desire to leave but at eventually it just begins to wear on a person. I'm hopeful that at some point I could look back on this all and just laugh as I cruise down the road in my Camaro.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #18
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Felix just a FYI when I did the lemon law back in 1992 on my 92 Z28 GM purchased the car back and I was able to trade into a vehicle of equale value at that time it was a 1994 Z28 with the same options the price difference was my 1992 Z28 was around $17k, and the new Z28 was $24k. I had to pay nothing out of pocket GM and the dealership worked that out between them.

Worst case let them buy ti back they have to give you full purchase price the only downside is if you put any money down you are SOL.

Best of luck I think they will get this right this time.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #19
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
It's not that simple. I have a full time job, I cannot contiune to bring a car in for repairs that continually need to be redone. While I'd love to have the time and resources to do that, I as well as many, don't.

Thanks! Believe me when I tell you I have no desire to leave but at eventually it just begins to wear on a person. I'm hopeful that at some point I could look back on this all and just laugh as I cruise down the road in my Camaro.
I completely understand, sorry. I just personally love my car too much to give it up. I would see if they would fix it the first time, if not try it one more time if you have the patience and then look at option #2 like Sir Nuke said.
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #20
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
GM knows that they only get so many bites at the apple to fix an issue. Give them the car, take your loner and let them know you will not take receipt of the vehicle until ALL issues have been resolved.

As someone who went through a heartbreaking ordeal with a prior Camaro which ended in a GM buyback, you do not want those headaches.... a very time consuming and frustrating process.

If these issues are solved drive down the road happy. If not, you will have to put forth a tremendous amount of time and effort to be rid of the car in a way that does not cost you. My buyback, because I stayed with a GM product, didn't cost me a penny not even TT&L... as it should be.

BTW My seat squeaked until I moved it forward less than an inch from the full back position. My MYLINK is glitchy and my mirror flashes the OnStar warning symbol often. I have learned to wait, as none of these issues are critical and I will let GM practice the fixes on others and THEN let them at mine.

Good Luck.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #21
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
GM knows that they only get so many bites at the apple to fix an issue. Give them the car, take your loner and let them know you will not take receipt of the vehicle until ALL issues have been resolved.

As someone who went through a heartbreaking ordeal with a prior Camaro which ended in a GM buyback, you do not want those headaches.... a very time consuming and frustrating process.

If these issues are solved drive down the road happy. If not, you will have to put forth a tremendous amount of time and effort to be rid of the car in a way that does not cost you. My buyback, because I stayed with a GM product, didn't cost me a penny not even TT&L... as it should be.

BTW My seat squeaked until I moved it forward less than an inch from the full back position. My MYLINK is glitchy and my mirror flashes the OnStar warning symbol often. I have learned to wait, as none of these issues are critical and I will let GM practice the fixes on others and THEN let them at mine.

Good Luck.
Thanks. My overall preference would be to have the issues fixed, worse case I'd like an even swap. I find it somewhat appalling they could suggest a trade and would require me to pay money out of pocket. As I mentioned I did this the 1st time (paid out of pocket), that was very dumb of me.

Last edited by nyrfan; 06-05-2013 at 10:46 AM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #22
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Buybacks of GM products are mainly done MSRP to MSRP. GM can, depending on your state, charge you for mileage on your current car. Again, Good Luck.

http://www.bbb.org/us/auto-line-lemon-law/
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #23
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
personally, I woulkd go with #1....and what I would do is to ensire that the Field Tech is there when you deliver the car to the dealer, and YOU and He/She go for a ride so that they can see the issies FIRST HAND, such that he will KNOW when it fixed to your satisfaction......and then if he/she can't accomplish that.....then #2 kicks in.

IMO this is some of the best advice given.

As well, I would get clearly defined (in writing, if you haven't done so) each option that GM is offering. Then also what is available if after said option 1 is not at your satisfactory.
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #24
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Well, the chances that they are going to fix everything are pretty slim. Problems like yours that are vague or not addressed by a line by line TSB are typically too complicated for the average garage monkey and since they don't have a time standard to work against....they will most likely give it little more than lip service.
Best bet is to do exactly what the dealer will do, dump it onto someone else and get on with your life. Sorry, not the most glamorous solution in the world, but you have two choices. Deal with the problems, or don't.
At that point it's no longer your problem, the dealer will probably move it to another lot, probably in another state if possible and still have to deal with the issues.
See what kind of deal they're willing to cut you and get away from the car asap.
If you've had your fill, then another mfg. will probably be more than happy to consider getting your business.
Just my .02 cents.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #25
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo64 View Post

IMO this is some of the best advice given.

As well, I would get clearly defined (in writing, if you haven't done so) each option that GM is offering. Then also what is available if after said option 1 is not at your satisfactory.
I did ask for everything in writing, waiting on a reply.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #26
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Not to familiar with buy back...but I'm thinking the issues may be so minor it may not happen..........same with lemon law. But, I agree with keeping after the dealer till its right. And if not, try another. I'm not a perfectionist....mine has a little squeak here and a rattle there. I know its just a machine built mostly by machines. But, it sux having a new car with issues. FYI, most Camaro owners I know have the onstar light (don't think that is an issue). Has the dealer done the software update?
And relax...........don't stress over minor issues. You have glitches, some have blown engines and trannys.....now that would be something to stress about. Good luck.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #27
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Ok, I gave GM the ok for one last attempt at the repairs, the car goes in Monday. Prior to the car going in I will have in writing an agreement to buy back the car should the repairs not meet my satisfaction. Wish me luck!

Sent from my 2SS/RS

Last edited by nyrfan; 06-05-2013 at 07:53 PM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #28
hd48

Drives: SS2 Rally Yellow Lt Grey Leath
Cool Options

Definitly opt #1 but I would request that if possible you could be there when repairs are being made. Let them earn your trust not buy it. Good Luck
hd48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fbodfather