Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-10-2011, 04:53 AM   #1
hollandtwin27SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS VR/w pw stripes
Exclamation What Adams Package to buy?

My car is new and has been repainted with stripes and clear just to make the factory paint better. It looks amazing no orange peel or any of the regular factory problems. Perfect mirror finish and I want to keep it that way. What kit should I buy that will save and preserve my paint. I am up to date on car care and have watched all the Adams videos. I want to use their products they seem to be the new rave in auto care and actually back up the claim. What should I get?
ETMC Stage 3 with Stage 2 Blower cam,Valve Spring upgrade to Dual Valve Springs,lifters,pushrods, BFE 1 7/8 headers to 3" pipe non catted, Corsa Exhaust, PP Throttle Body,RotoFab CAI,Elite Engineering Catch Can,Pfadt springs, sways, lower control arms, Hotchkis Maxx Brace.474RWHP. Hendrix Twin Carbon Clutch Kit, One piece aluminum DriveShaft.
hollandtwin27SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:07 AM   #2
DJBullitz

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Depends on your budget.
DJBullitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:53 AM   #3
hollandtwin27SS

Not too worried about budget just concerned for my needs. Why spend 1200 when you only need 500 or whatever. It's about what I need to maintain and not have a bunch of stuff I'm not using
ETMC Stage 3 with Stage 2 Blower cam,Valve Spring upgrade to Dual Valve Springs,lifters,pushrods, BFE 1 7/8 headers to 3" pipe non catted, Corsa Exhaust, PP Throttle Body,RotoFab CAI,Elite Engineering Catch Can,Pfadt springs, sways, lower control arms, Hotchkis Maxx Brace.474RWHP. Hendrix Twin Carbon Clutch Kit, One piece aluminum DriveShaft.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:05 AM   #4
shad2009
"Cassie"

Drives: 2007 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to shad2009 Send a message via Yahoo to shad2009
with adams you will use EVERYTHING and not just for your car, its effective in your home too

if you're not concerned about a budget, i'd get this kit, as you might need a PC as well, and comes with everything you will need

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-85-ad...etail-kit.aspx

if you don't wanna spend the money, these are good kits to get everything done, and you can also pick up a tub of Americana Paste

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-99-ad...etail-kit.aspx
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-516-a...riage-kit.aspx

oh yeah, and i'd also pick up a Gallon of detail spray...you're going use a whole lot of that

Future Wheels - 2014 Ford Mustang GT & 2014 Chevy Camaro
shad2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:28 AM   #5
hollandtwin27SS

I'll definitely check it out. The junk mans kit is similar
Old 06-10-2011, 07:20 AM   #6
BigCarrot
xbox: this is tedious

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Camaro IOM
If you're paint is perfect and you know how to not introduce scratches/swirls in your paint you could just get some wax/brilliant glaze and detail spray with a few microfiber towels.

That's about next to impossible so having something like junkmans paint correction kit is a good buy. If you don't like anything they have a 110% refund so have at it.
Seems like just yesterday I spent $450 for a Roto Fab CAI!!! What the hell happened.
BigCarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:08 AM   #7
hollandtwin27SS

Made my purchase. Went withbthe essential detail kit to try it out. Already have a foam gun and various washing mitts and microfibers. no need for the porter cable yet this will allow me to try the wash clay and wax. There are no swirls at all due to the car hadn't even been washed it's been in storage. The only trip it has taken is to Etmc for the upgrade and that's it since paint. The painter buffed polished sealed and waxed so it's good. I'm going to wash clay and wax and post results
Old 06-10-2011, 09:24 AM   #8
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Thanks for your order! If you need anything let me know.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote