Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-05-2015, 05:27 PM   #127
Rumbumbees$ponsor

Drives: Autobot
I found who I should be talking to...

http://www.superchevy.com/features/1...-e-force-feed/

Speed Engineering at Speed Engineering

July 7, 2013 ·

The most powerful E force supercharged vehicle on the planet now makes 801 rwhp SAE Dynojet.

Like · Comment · Share · 104

Last edited by Rumbumbees$ponsor; 03-05-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Rumbumbees$ponsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 05:31 PM   #128
realcanuk

Drives: 2007 Corvette C6 983 RWHP
LSX block VS LS3

I think you should just keep trying until you find some one to tell you exactly what you want to hear.

I've read that article. No big miracle there.

No big deal there. I made the same.
Dewitts / dual spals, A&A dual pump fuel system.
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace, 6L80 built by me.
ID 1000 injectors, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Circle D Triple Disc stall
1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWTQ @ 6000,
realcanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 05:50 PM   #129
UNRIVALED SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via Yahoo to UNRIVALED SS
There are a lot of ways to make horsepower. Some cost a lot more than others but the performance is the same . I run a 427 in my ole heap and a Maggie. It makes boost but you have to spin that baby hard. Like everyone has pretty much already stated. Look at the long term. Changing power adders will not be your biggest expense.
UNRIVALED SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 05:50 PM   #130
Rumbumbees$ponsor

Drives: Autobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
I think you should just keep trying until you find some one to tell you exactly what you want to hear.

I've read that article. No big miracle there.

No big deal there. I made the same.
what are you talking about.. I'm doing the 417 as recommended ! I'm being told 800 is imposable w the eforce now.. that's all I'm saying..
Old 03-05-2015, 08:25 PM   #131
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Drives: 2008 Corvette
We gave him lots of sounds advice. At this point I'd wash my hands with trying to help.

D1SC Procharger 932/758 on E85
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 03:35 PM   #132
Livernois Motorsports

Drives: 2010 Camaro 454 LSX (SOLD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
They are comparing it to LS7 sleeves

see here:

And when you compare the ERL sleeves to the RHS block the ERL one is way way thicker .187" versus .0925" (This is 102.16% thicker than the RHS)
as for your gasket issues you can o-ring the block problem solved and now you can boost up a 4.185" bore.

The cut away of the ERL sleeve is brilliant and exactly how you want it as much meat as possible where possible.

Looking further at the pictures of this sleeve I'm assuming this is a wet sleeve and that we're seeing the thrust/anti-thrust surfaces in the cross section?

I'm assuming this based on that at 4.125 bore size there would be no way to have .187 thickness all the way around the sleeve. The bore spacing is 4.400, and at 4.125 bore that leaves you with .275 worth of space between the bores. Which would mean the wall thickness between the bores couldn't be any thicker than .137, from top to bottom.

Just trying to clarify if that information is correct based on the sleeve in the picture.

Based on looking at the picture but not knowing any of the dimensions I can only assume that's a wet sleeve. Wet versus dry sleeves is a totally different conversation though. Both have pro's and con's. Yes, you can make the sleeve as thick as the water jacket allows for, though you'll always be constrained by bore spacing for the space between the bores. On the other hand you have to completely mill out a lot of aluminum from the block case, which weakens the case in the process. So you get bigger bores and thicker sleeves, with the trade off of less torsional resistance to flex and distortion. There is also of course the concern with water getting into the crankcase.

Dry sleeves prevent the water issue and don't mill away a large portion of the block bore case which allows for greater integrity. Though the bore size and bore thickness are limited by the constraints of the block and aluminum backing the sleeve.

Both designs have their places and will work, it all depends on the application and what makes the most sense. We do both dry and wet sleeves on LS blocks, we just base that decision on what the application warrants.

More often than not the preference with higher power combos is to keep the bore in the 4.125ish range as it offers the best combination of bore size and cylinder wall thickness and block integrity. Making 2000+ HP with one of these combos works well and the cylinder wall thickness and added material in the block keeps the combo happy.

In the case of the OP though this is all rather moot as we're talking about blocks and power levels considerably higher than what is planned.
Livernois Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:48 PM   #133
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Drives: none
Maybe you should have a read and or contact ERL http://www.erlperformance.com/gm-ls-...-block-sleeved Guys on yellow bullet use ERL making 2500+ HP.
GenF-GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:43 PM   #134
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbumbees$ponsor View Post
I found who I should be talking to...

http://www.superchevy.com/features/1...-e-force-feed/

Speed Engineering at Speed Engineering

July 7, 2013 ·

The most powerful E force supercharged vehicle on the planet now makes 801 rwhp SAE Dynojet.

Like · Comment · Share · 104
So the Eforce made 801 hp yay but this is completely maxed out. Why in the world would you choose the Eforce to make 800hp and run the blower at its max when you could buy a bigger and better blower and not push it so hard? I just don't get the reasoning of wanting the Eforce so bad if you truly want around 800 hp. Makes no sense at all to me