Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #1345
Jcobra

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmitt85 View Post
I'm confused so why do you pull the fuses? Also if I do what will happend?
It engages the secret factory twin turbos. Youll be at 750rwhp.
Jcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:24 PM   #1346
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Day Dog View Post
Not me. :( Lot's of family though.
Oh didn't think someone would live somewhere with only 90 octane by choice.. (if u don't already have it) I have one word for u ... Meth..

"It engages the secret factory twin turbos. Youll be at 750rwhp"
That's hilarious
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:56 PM   #1347
Slick1
New Guy

Drives: Black 2011 1SS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcobra View Post
It engages the secret factory twin turbos. Youll be at 750rwhp.

I did the pull last night and cruised around today. Don't know how much difference was me messing around in sport mode and pegging it good a few times and how much was the mod but car felt goooood today.

Now that I think about it the idle was nice and smooth today
Slick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:17 PM   #1348
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad's 2ss View Post
I did the fuse pull on my LS3 a little over a year ago now and was happy with the results when I did it. Does anyone know if over time you should do it again or is only one time all it takes forever?
No. D Day Dog has it correct below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Day Dog View Post
As I understand it, if you put low octane in your car again your computer will readjust for that fuel and you will have to do the fuse pull again the next time you fill up with the high octane. Correct people....?

Dog
That is exactly correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmitt85 View Post
I'm confused so why do you pull the fuses? Also if I do what will happend?
If you put low octane fuel in an SS the spark timing will lower (retard timing) and you will not have the same power. You will literally lose about .8 seconds 0-60mph.

If you pull the fuses and don't need to, you just basically wasted a little time. Nothing more.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:41 PM   #1349
Mud
In Mud We Trust

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I tried the fuse pull and noticed no difference.

Mine still hunts and surges in first and second gear during the first mile.

I've tried warming it up but it doesn't matter. After a few miles it's OK but my LS3 doesn't like to go well the first mile.
-American Racing Torq Thrust/Anthracite
-CAI Intake
Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:20 AM   #1350
B Mccue

Drives: 2011 1ss ls3
Over the last week my ls3 has not been running right. At 7000 miles it has always been strong. Last week it just started feeling real slow. It's always filled with 93 so I don't know what happened other than using chevron instead of the usual shell gas for just half a tank. It sounded different at wot, higher pitched than normal, and rough almost like an exhaust leak. At 5000 rpms sounded like it was redlined. I pulled the fuses Friday and left them out all night. It didn't help. It was so bad that I had onstar do a systems check, which came back clear. This morning I pulled the fuses again, and also disconnected the negative battery cable, and just let it sit a couple of hours. This time it worked. Now its back to normal, pulls hard from 4k all the way till the fuel shuts off, sounds deep and clean again. Oddly, it also shifts alot smoother. Surely unrelated, maybe the tranny finally broke in and loosened up a little. Is this an unusual case?
B Mccue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:26 AM   #1351
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Mccue View Post
Over the last week my ls3 has not been running right. At 7000 miles it has always been strong. Last week it just started feeling real slow. It's always filled with 93 so I don't know what happened other than using chevron instead of the usual shell gas for just half a tank. It sounded different at wot, higher pitched than normal, and rough almost like an exhaust leak. At 5000 rpms sounded like it was redlined. I pulled the fuses Friday and left them out all night. It didn't help. It was so bad that I had onstar do a systems check, which came back clear. This morning I pulled the fuses again, and also disconnected the negative battery cable, and just let it sit a couple of hours. This time it worked. Now its back to normal, pulls hard from 4k all the way till the fuel shuts off, sounds deep and clean again. Oddly, it also shifts alot smoother. Surely unrelated, maybe the tranny finally broke in and loosened up a little. Is this an unusual case?
No. Not unusual at all. Maybe just didn't pull long enough the first time. But the shifting better is also normal according to reports. Mine never shifted funny but mine is an L99.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud View Post
I tried the fuse pull and noticed no difference.

Mine still hunts and surges in first and second gear during the first mile.

I've tried warming it up but it doesn't matter. After a few miles it's OK but my LS3 doesn't like to go well the first mile.
I know it sounds stupid, but is it possible that the road makes it seem that way. A wavy road can do that. Wavy as in up and down to make the car seem to flutter. I've had that happen. When I did my coilovers and stiffened the hell out of them, I thought something was wrong with the car the first little bit. But when I left the office it was all good. It played tricks on me till I realized.

Just a thought. lol
Old 04-25-2011, 12:37 AM   #1352
B Mccue

Drives: 2011 1ss ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
No. Not unusual at all. Maybe just didn't pull long enough the first time. But the shifting better is also normal according to reports. Mine never shifted funny but mine is an L99.

In that case I highly suggest all ls3 drivers pull the fuses and negative cable immediately. The difference is rediculous. The tight, clunky, notchy shifting is gone.
B Mccue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:37 AM   #1353
jungsoo726

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 6MT CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
PQ goes so hard on this thread keep it up bro
Agreed. PQ is the goto man for this. I just puled the fuse of my ls3. Can't wait to start and see. Its been laggin these days

Installer at Denton Autosound (940)484-7484
jungsoo726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #1354
Mud
In Mud We Trust

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
PQ, it's a bit herky jerky going down my residential street which is about as smooth as a road there is, but thanks for the suggestion.

Maybe I need to get one of these "strong" MAF's. I'm starting to believe it's just the cold tranny, not sure. Once warmed it's fine though.

I couldn't get it into second gear the other day. I'm thinking "Son of a bitch, what the hell's going on here?" and realized it was that skip shift thing.

I have to buy that skip shift eliminator plug.
-American Racing Torq Thrust/Anthracite
-CAI Intake
Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #1355
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud View Post
PQ, it's a bit herky jerky going down my residential street which is about as smooth as a road there is, but thanks for the suggestion.

Maybe I need to get one of these "strong" MAF's. I'm starting to believe it's just the cold tranny, not sure. Once warmed it's fine though.

I couldn't get it into second gear the other day. I'm thinking "Son of a bitch, what the hell's going on here?" and realized it was that skip shift thing.

I have to buy that skip shift eliminator plug.
Or just give it more gas
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #1356
D Day Dog

Drives: 2011 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
Or just give it more gas
so true.
D Day Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:07 PM   #1357
jungsoo726

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 6MT CGM
So I pulled fuses and neg battery cable in my lss3 from 11am-330pm.

WOW!!! What adifference. Thanks for write up PQ. Def more mmph to her

Installer at Denton Autosound (940)484-7484
jungsoo726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #1358
D Day Dog

Drives: 2011 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic
BTW: forgot to mention it in my earlier post, but I did gain almost 2MPG while driving in 6th gear at 55-60 MPH.
D Day Dog is offline   Reply With Quote