Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #15
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
I'd say dyno both of them back to back on the same day and see what turns out.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #16
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 View Post
While owers may over oil what I said was correct. I can't tell how many new K&N filters I've opened and either oil was pooled on the plastic or soaked into the box.

As long as the box isolates the filter from the direct engine heat and the air is coming from outside then a short ram can be a cold air intake.
How many K&N filters did you open? And why did you keep going back to K&N? Sorry but putting a "box" over a filter, in the same hot location, is not true cold air to me.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #17
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
I love my CAI. Works wonderfully and looks far better under my hood. Im not biased though. I also run K&N on the Trans Am and have on two prior camaros and liked them however the auto program i attend at a nearby college absolutely hates K&N. All the professors have called them junk.
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #18
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Whisked away to Off Topic Discussion where no one will see it... Figures.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #19
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
Whisked away to Off Topic Discussion where no one will see it... Figures.
when are you goign to be selling yours??? I WANT IT!
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #20
Quick

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th
I'll give you 100.00 for it. I know you wouldn't feel right overcharging me on something that by your own admission doesn't work.

Something wicked this way cometh...
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #21
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Haha, my CAI brand intake has been for sale on the members classifieds for about a week, just sold it yesterday, shipped today.

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 08-27-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #22
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick View Post
I'll give you 100.00 for it. I know you wouldn't feel right overcharging me on something that by your own admission doesn't work.
i'll let you guys know. i'll try to make as much money back as I can on it. actually doing alot of research on Vararam now.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #23
Baltimorejohn1

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Very interesting thread
Old 06-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #24
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimorejohn1 View Post
Very interesting thread
Ha of course you bump this. Did pep boys pay you to do it?
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #25
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
I know this is an old thread, but I'm betting the hood was open during the dyno runs which would give the advantage to the K&N. When the hood is closed, it functions much like the Cold Air Inductions and seals using the hood liner. A fair comparison wound be to dyno it with the hood closed.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #26
Bauer2

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE and 2009 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I'm betting the hood was open during the dyno runs which would give the advantage to the K&N. When the hood is closed, it functions much like the Cold Air Inductions and seals using the hood liner. A fair comparison wound be to dyno it with the hood closed.
I think it was probably more to do with him getting out and pushing
Bauer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #27
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimorejohn1 View Post
Very interesting thread
Here are a few more threads in this same section that are really old that you may find interesting and want to bump!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239675&highlight=%22cold+air+indu ctions%22
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222101&highlight=%22cold+air+indu ctions%22
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172532&highlight=%22cold+air+indu ctions%22
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58354&highlight=%22cold+air+induc tions%22
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187928&highlight=%22cai+intake%22

Also 3 of the "complaints" that the OP had are really more of opinion than actual negative attributes backed by fact regarding our product.

Complaint 1: Paper filter - Our filter is not paper, it is a lifetime use oiled filter media which consists of interwoven cotton fiber that is protected by a mesh screen. It has a lifetime warranty and looks, feels, and flows nothing like a paper filter. It is 7 layers, most of our competitors have 5 layers.

Complaint 2: Our intake tube got really hot to the touch in the engine bay - Perfect, that means that the thermal coating we apply to the INSIDE of the intake tube is doing its job perfectly. Its a hot engine bay and the intake tube is metal, touch anything connected to your engine made of metal and it will probably feel hot. We are much more concerned with the IAT then the outside of the tube. If you touch the intake tube on our system and it is hot, that means our thermal coating is doing its job perfectly and keeping the heat on the outside of the intake tube as opposed to allowing the heat to soak through and effect the intake air. Numerous tests and consumer data logging has shown that our CAI will keep IAT within 2 degrees of ambient on average. If you touch your intake tube and its not hot when everything else in the engine bay is, you have to ask where the heat is going, I'll give you a hint, just take a look at the IAT.

Complaint 3: Bubble wrap heat shield - We us an enclosed aluminum airbox that fits and seals to the contours of your engine bay perfectly to keep heat out. The insulation barrier we use on the inside of the airbox (which is an additional layer of insulation that is not found on most basic heat shields) provides an added R value to further reduce heat soak from the engine bay. I am not sure how the visual appearance of the insulation we use has any bearing on it's R value or insulating properties. Ever look at the insulation on a new home, typically it will look like cotton candy and lint balls, yet the R value keeps your house cool in the summer and warm in the winter. The insulation barrier that we add to the inside of the CAI box is another way we keep IAT so low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Ha of course you bump this. Did pep boys pay you to do it?
I'm beginning to think there may be some truth to this ideology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
You are absolutely correct, you can test the same product 3 different ways and get 3 different sets of results. This why 3rd party testing in a CONTROLLED environment is so helpful.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 04:20 PM   #28
sehovarter
HomezSS

Drives: 2014 SS/RS Camaro, 2011 Silverado
how LOUD is the CAI intake

so - my 2014 RS/SS AUto sounds like a frickin sewing machine, and so am looking at intake, headers, exhaust. at the same time, teen age LOUD is out - my wife likes this car too, so don't want to piss her off (too much). I put an AirRaid intake on my 2011 Silverado and it was SO LOUD in the cab you could not hear the damn radio. AirRaid did give me my money back (thank you Air Raid!) - but not sure CAI does that if you don't like their product. how much louder will my car be with this mod once you remove all that plastic GM Attenuation on the stock intake?? anyone?? let me know - thank you - this on the front and Borla Touring on the rear will hopefully give me the grunt and growl this car should have had stock!!
2014 SS/RS, FR Style 41's, 20x10x4, Borla CatBack with Touring Mufflers w/Magnaflow Glasspacks, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Diablo 91 Octane Tune, Firm Shift, AFM off, BMR cradle inserts, trailing arms and toe links, 1LE/ZL1 Rear Sway Bar, Jannetty Custom Tune for mods noted above (noticable change to how the car drives!!), JL Audio XD700/5 amp and 10 inch Sub, Focal PS 165K's, special wiring kit and amp board, and lots of dynamat (Amazon version) - Sounds GREAT, Runs Even Better!
sehovarter is offline   Reply With Quote