Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #1527
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino79 View Post
I know why it exists, I personally would rather copy the tables and not have to worry about doing a fuse pull. On some LS platforms you have to copy the high to the low table when running speed density. KR will take car of any small issues, bad gas no. I would simply reflash with the stock ecm file.
I think that's what the tuners do. So it's a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelhook22 View Post
Did the fuse pull last night. Reinstalled today. Cruising on freeway, MPG went from 16.5 to 21.5. From what I've been reading (yes I've read all 60 pages of this thread), the reset may or may not stick. At any rate, the MPG gains are real. The power delivery is also much smoother when I get on the gas. As far as shifting goes, it definitely seems smoother. Weird, but yes it worked.

I will say that my car sounds a little tamer though (very little). Perhaps cause it was running rough before? BTW I have the CA inductions intake and Flowmaster AMT installed way before the pull.

Cheers,

Heelhook
Good to hear. Give the meter time to give you a truer gauge. My mileage went DOWN for an average but up a bit when measured. Mainly because the excitment had me stabbing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011? View Post
OK, First time post-er here. Been reading the forum for like 3 years now. Finally got a 2010 2ssRs M6 last week cause the Burb's trans was going bad again(darn). After I told the dealer several times not to put regular fuel in, they did. I ran a few bits of 93 at 5 gallons at a time through and did the fuse pull the other night.
I cant get rubber in fourth anymore. The car does idle smoother and still pulls really hard, and I actually get a tad more rubber in 1st and 2nd than before....?? Car is bone stock. Not completely complaining, would like to get rubber in 4th again though. I was doing a lot of bragging. Thoughts? I've tried in all the trans modes btw. And for you LS3 guys, what modes do you use when? Mine is a daily driver, but I like to be ready..
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianko View Post
I can assure you your mileage gains of 31% weren't from pulling a few fuses. Maybe you were overcompensating for the lack of power by romping on the throttle. But hey, if you feel like it goes faster, then it was all worth it!

I just didn't want anyone here getting the idea that 30+% gains in mileage are yours for a fuse pull.
Agreed.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #1528
2011?

Drives: 02 BURB, 03 HOE, 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohope View Post
I bought my car in July of 2011 was the problem corrected by then? How do I know if running on the low octane settings?
As long as you know you have 91+ octane in your tank, go ahead and do the fuse pull one night..
My dealer put 87 in upon delivery, against my request. So I knew I had to do it...
2011? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:33 PM   #1529
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Same here, if the car seems a little sluggish, they filled mine up with 87, and the only way I caught it quickly was when I started it up once when the engine was hot, I heard the "spark knock" and I knew it had 87 fuel in it and heard it, ran the tank down, filled back up with 93, went home and parked the car for the night, pulled the fuses, re-installed in the morning, and what a different car. Good luck..
1JEWLDSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:43 PM   #1530
1WILDSScmrg

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS inferno orange
i can only get 91 where i live. should i get a full tank of 91 and use a octane booster before i pull the fuses?
1WILDSScmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #1531
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1WILDSScmrg View Post
i can only get 91 where i live. should i get a full tank of 91 and use a octane booster before i pull the fuses?
You should be fine with 91. No octane booster required.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #1532
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
I have a question. I am about to get my car dyno tuned after the turbo is installed. When I got my car, the dealer put lower octane in my LS3. Ever since then, I've put higher octane in though. So, I would assume I don't need to perform the fuse pull if I am getting a dyno tune anyway, correct? I would assume the tuner will adjust for the computer for higher octane.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #1533
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
I have a question. I am about to get my car dyno tuned after the turbo is installed. When I got my car, the dealer put lower octane in my LS3. Ever since then, I've put higher octane in though. So, I would assume I don't need to perform the fuse pull if I am getting a dyno tune anyway, correct? I would assume the tuner will adjust for the computer for higher octane.
Correct sir. The tune will take care of everything you lucky bastard.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #1534
BSR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
I would do the fuse pull BEFORE going to the dyno. It will save you and the dyno operator time dicking around with what should be right in the first place.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:57 PM   #1535
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSR-1 View Post
I would do the fuse pull BEFORE going to the dyno. It will save you and the dyno operator time dicking around with what should be right in the first place.
Thank you very much. I may do it just to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Correct sir. The tune will take care of everything you lucky bastard.
Lol, that's hysterical! Thanks man .
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:01 PM   #1536
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSR-1 View Post
Not really. He's gonna copy the high table over the low one anyway. But it can't hurt.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #1537
BSR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Not really. He's gonna copy the high table over the low one anyway. But it can't hurt.
Will every tuner do that? I just was trying not to assume anything.
Sorry if I'm putting out bad info, that was not my intention.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:54 PM   #1538
Rhino79

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99/Auto
Not every tuner will copy the high to the low, some use some other methods. Some don't do anything different to the low or the scaler tables. I will just copy and paste, if I get bad fuel, I have efilive, I ll throw the stocker back in. I just don't want any chance of going to run and it finding itself in the low octane and be that down on power.
Rhino79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #1539
Reloaded
Beasting off the Riesling

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS
Anyone know if it made a difference on how long they left the fuses out.. ex 30min, 2 hours, 8 hours...?
Reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:58 PM   #1540
stiletto7

Drives: 2011 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaded View Post
Anyone know if it made a difference on how long they left the fuses out.. ex 30min, 2 hours, 8 hours...?
You just have to wait long enough for the ECM to bleed off any voltage. Half an hour is probably fine, but if you can do it and leave it overnight you won't have any questions.
stiletto7 is offline   Reply With Quote