Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-21-2019, 11:50 AM   #1
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
Chevy Equinox Sport Edition w/ some camaro styling

So I’m a big time GM guy and many years ago as an additional family vehicle I bought my wife a Chevy Equinox Sport. I’ve had no issues with the Nox, I just wish it had another “S” making it an Equinox SS and a little more power. Style wise I like the air duct vents in lower bumper, the black on black and the lower ride stance it has. It’s has all the bells and whistles GM had back in 08. With that being said I thought how could I give it a face lift.....then the thought hit me and this is where my 5th gen camaro SS comes into play. The og 21” rims off my ss/rs were just taking up useful garage space and I decided they sound go on the nox and replace the alloy 18’s.

Hopefully later on this afternoon or tomorrow the 21’s will be installed. I know as of now the brand new tires have been mounted and balanced on the rims. However I ran into 1 major issue. The hub bore diameter is 3mm smaller therefore my rims went to a machine shop to enlarge the center hole to the Equinox specification. Anyhow enough talk here’s some pics for now enjoy.
Attached Images

Che bronze trunnion Ls3 timing/valley cover
Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:34 PM   #2
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
I think the Z28 reps you have on the 'Maro would look killer on the 'Nox.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:42 PM   #3
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Pretty sure Equinox Sport was originally going to be an Equinox SS until GM realized how dumb it was to slap "SS" badges on everything that had a sporty body kit.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:56 PM   #4
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
I think the Z28 reps you have on the 'Maro would look killer on the 'Nox.
I think so as well but I’m never going to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Pretty sure Equinox Sport was originally going to be an Equinox SS until GM realized how dumb it was to slap "SS" badges on everything that had a sporty body kit.
Yep I remember reading a article a while back about the over use of SS badging I’m kinda glad it settled down. This is basically the SS version though. Better suspension with AWD, interior, exterior, sound system and it’s a 3.6 vs the 3.4. Not that I care to much about those small details because it’s my wife’s ride.
Che bronze trunnion Ls3 timing/valley cover
Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote