Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-23-2014, 12:11 PM   #1
Dustyminpin

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Factory Short Throw M6
Heated seats question

It was brisk this morning on the way to work, was in the low 60s which is cold for here, so I turned on the heated seat (for the first time this fall, haven't used it since last winter) and the light stays on for a minute or so and goes back off and the seat never warmed up. I pressed it again and got the some. Think the car's thermometer said it was 64 out. Does the car not allow the heated seats to operate unless it's below a certain temperature? I didn't try the passenger seat. The car is new, a '14 model 2SS/RS purchased last October, has like 13,000 miles on it, still well within the warranty if anything is wrong. I'd thought I'd ask you guys before I go giving the stealership a call.
Dustyminpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #2
Dustyminpin

One more thing, I didn't have the heater on, just the vents. Does that make a difference? Would make sense I guess if the heater had to be on for the heated seats to work.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:14 PM   #3

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS 6A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyminpin View Post
It was brisk this morning on the way to work, was in the low 60s which is cold for here, so I turned on the heated seat (for the first time this fall, haven't used it since last winter) and the light stays on for a minute or so and goes back off and the seat never warmed up. I pressed it again and got the some. Think the car's thermometer said it was 64 out. Does the car not allow the heated seats to operate unless it's below a certain temperature? I didn't try the passenger seat. The car is new, a '14 model 2SS/RS purchased last October, has like 13,000 miles on it, still well within the warranty if anything is wrong. I'd thought I'd ask you guys before I go giving the stealership a call.

It's spelled 'dealership'.
191185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:19 PM   #4
Dustyminpin

That did not help me in the slightest. I appreciate your anal spell checking though. Perhaps a comment that would add value to this thread to help me and others that may have similar issues? Or is that above you?
Old 09-23-2014, 12:20 PM   #5
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Mine work no matter what. I used them this morning, even
Old 09-23-2014, 12:22 PM   #6
Dustyminpin

Hmmm, thank you. I will try them again tonight on the way home from work. I doubt it will be chilly out by then, already in the high 80s here, but at least I'll know that it doesn't make a difference what the outside temp is when I try using the seats.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:24 PM   #7
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by 191185 View Post
It's spelled 'dealership'.
Quote:
That did not help me in the slightest. I appreciate your anal spell checking though. Perhaps a comment that would add value to this thread to help me and others that may have similar issues? Or is that above you?
Well here's another one. In the glove compartment there's a book called "Owners Manual".
Old 09-23-2014, 01:06 PM   #8
Enduring

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6
I use my heated seats in the summer with the AC running. I've had the heated seats on in 75+ weather. The heated seats will run in any temperature and it doesn't matter if you have the AC or the heat on.

Sounds like a warranty issue, I would take it to the dealer and they will fix it for free. GMs bumper to bumper warranty is really good and covers a lot, even burnt out lights.
Enduring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:13 PM   #9
Dustyminpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
Well here's another one. In the glove compartment there's a book called "Owners Manual".
Already read it. Says nothing other than this button does this, and that button does that. Thanks though. Geez, the little V6 guys are full of wise cracks today...
Old 09-23-2014, 01:15 PM   #10
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Already read it. Says nothing other than this button does this, and that button does that. Thanks though. Geez, the little V6 guys are full of wise cracks today...

Old 09-23-2014, 01:22 PM   #11
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
We use the heated seats pretty often late nights in the convertible, can confirm they work no matter what setting the hvac is on or ambient temp.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:41 PM   #12
bucolic

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS Crystal Red Tintc
Same here. Mine work even if it's 80 and AC on. My girlfriend cranks the AC and then turns on her heated seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
And here is one for you:

2014 Camaro SS/RS Crystal Red Tintcoat
bucolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #13
Josh.Duncan

Drives: 2014 1LT/RS Camaro; 2012 VW Jetta
Quote:
Little V6 guys? Man people underestimate a V6. I would love to see you take that 2SS up against a GTR. Let's be adults and not insult others purchases. Everyone has a reason for what they purchase. Don't put them (me included) down.
MRT V1.0 Axle-Back Exhaust
BMR Strut Tower Brace
LG Motorsports ZR28 Black Wheels
Josh.Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:51 PM   #14
bdsdnfam
NoJoken

Drives: Synergy Green SS
Don't stress over him Dusty...

Quote:
Read his statistics and you'll see he's more of a wise ass than he is helpful. Some people join these forums to help and mentor. Some like that ass (and yes I'm from Minnesota also), like a place to criticize.

To help you with finding a solution to your heated seats, I have a 2011 and the heaters work no matter what the temperature outside as well as no matter what the heat/AC is set at. Try them again and then take it in. They're under warranty as you noted.
bdsdnfam is offline   Reply With Quote