Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-23-2014, 06:58 PM   #29
jcamaro37f

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyminpin View Post
I meant no disrespect to the V6 community as a whole, but if you take the time to go through post by post, the only unhelpful, smart ass remarks were made by the V6 guys. This is not imagined but fact. I was thinking maybe a different crowd owned the V6 cars vs. the V8. I'm not really sure. I come from the '04 - '06 GTO world where everybody pretty much had identical cars with few options and the only major differences being LS1 vs LS2, manual tranny vs auto, and 17"s vs 18"s. I will try both seats tonight on the way home and go from there. Thanks for everyone's help.

if you take time to look at the thread there is an equal spread of douche..some of you v8ers like to start to make some stark comment about v6ers.. as such you did calling us " little v6ers" why not just v6ers or jus. CAMARO owners. I've had my share of v8s and my share of twin turbo 6's so don't say there's a different type owner.

you come here for help, don't start nothin..

I've never seen such dissension and trash talking in a car forum ever.. and I came from Bmw the land of " the douche "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2014, 06:58 PM   #30
Dustyminpin

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Factory Short Throw M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamaro37f View Post
what cha ashamed of.. you ever hang around one of us? We call it like we see it.

I'm from a military family, and no, you don't all act like ass clowns. My grandpa was in the Army in the Pacific Theater in WW2, my youngest uncles on my mom's and dad's side were both in Vietnam, my oldest uncle was in the marines, my oldest aunt on my mom's side was in the navy, my dad was in the army but never saw combat. I had a 3.875 gpa in high school taking college prep courses my senior year and chose to go to a university and make something of my life instead of put on a pair of combat boots and tote a gun around (much to the pride and approval of my father). I was the first in my family to go to college. Sue me for not following their footsteps. But like I said, not all are ass clowns. Don't confuse yourself with ass clowns and "calling like you see it G. I. Joe."
Dustyminpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:02 PM   #31
jcamaro37f

Heated seats question

Quote:
I'm from a military family, and no, you don't all act like ass clowns. My grandpa was in the Army in the Pacific Theater in WW2, my youngest uncles on my mom's and dad's side were both in Vietnam, my oldest uncle was in the marines, my oldest aunt on my mom's side was in the navy, my dad was in the army but never saw combat. I had a 3.875 gpa in high school taking college prep courses my senior year and chose to go to a university and make something of my life instead of put on a pair of combat boots and tote a gun around (much to the pride and approval of my father). I was the first in my family to go to college. Sue me for not following their footsteps. But like I said, not all are ass clowns. Don't confuse yourself with ass clowns and "calling like you see it G. I. Joe."

Whoa slow down, make something of my life... so you're saying troops don't make something of their lives? too bad I served and still achieved a higher GPA than you in a top university in California..before you go insulting people and trying to hit below the belt I suggest you think about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal
Old 09-23-2014, 07:09 PM   #32
Dustyminpin

Quote:
as such you did calling us " little v6ers" why not just v6ers or jus. CAMARO owners. I've had my share of v8s and my share of twin turbo 6's so don't say there's a different type owner.

I've never seen such dissension and trash talking in a car forum ever.. and I came from Bmw the land of " the douche "

You are right. I reread that and apologize for the V6 statement. And as for dissension and trash talking here, as you can tell from my number of posts, I do not frequent this place often, as I don't have any performance or mod questions (been there and done that with my 06 GTO). I come here when I have a problem, which is RARE with my car, it is truly an awesome machine (aside from the dealer constantly heckling me about bringing my car in to get the keyfob replaced under the stupid recall that's out now). I guess I had higher expectations for this place. Like I said, I expected to see diessension and trash talk on places like lsnation, lsmafia, lsxrated, etc. Not here.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:11 PM   #33
jcamaro37f

Quote:
You are right. I reread that and apologize for the V6 statement. And as for dissension and trash talking here, as you can tell from my number of posts, I do not frequent this place often, as I don't have any performance or mod questions (been there and done that with my 06 GTO). I come here when I have a problem, which is RARE with my car, it is truly an awesome machine (aside from the dealer constantly heckling me about bringing my car in to get the keyfob replaced under the stupid recall that's out now). I guess I had higher expectations for this place. Like I said, I expected to see diessension and trash talk on places like lsnation, lsmafia, lsxrated, etc. Not here.

fair game to me.. my neighbor had a GTO 2004 and I loved that car to death.. probably inspired me to pick up the Camaro.. but yea I'm surprised at the trash talk here and sorry for being at your throat but there's always someone picking on someone in here. Whether it's ____vs. ____ it gets tiresome.. but good luck with your car. hope it works out

Old 09-23-2014, 07:17 PM   #34
Dustyminpin

Damn, my work computer is lagging like shit. I just got the part about making something of your life. I didn't mean anything by that either. My personal experiences are all of my family were farmers before they got into the military and after they got out of the military they were still farmers. So no life changing or higher standard of living going on there. My dad's older uncle that went to Nam is still ****ed up to this day over the shit that he saw over there and only talks about it when he is so drunk that he doesn't even realize what he's saying. Then he starts crying and eventually passes out. Not an easy life by any means. And again, I meant no disrespect. I just wanted more out of life than watching corn and soybeans grow, and taking cows to the auction barn.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:18 PM   #35
jcamaro37f

Quote:
Damn, my work computer is lagging like shit. I just got the part about making something of your life. I didn't mean anything by that either. My personal experiences are all of my family were farmers before they got into the military and after they got out of the military they were still farmers. So no life changing or higher standard of living going on there. My dad's older uncle that went to Nam is still ****ed up to this day over the shit that he saw over there and only talks about it when he is so drunk that he doesn't even realize what he's saying. Then he starts crying and eventually passes out. Not an easy life by any means. And again, I meant no disrespect. I just wanted more out of life than watching corn and soybeans grow, and taking cows to the auction barn.

I hear ya. things get misconstrued and misinterpreted here. you did something good for yourself!

Old 09-23-2014, 08:02 PM   #36
Dustyminpin

The plug from the wire with the blue sticker on it on the right of the pic coming out of the top part of the bottom of the seat came disconnected with the other end that goes into a harness and heads towards the front of the car (with the pink wire) I connected the 2 and they just came right back apart with a slight tug so I took a small zip strap from my work and roped it around the backs of both ends of the plugs and pulled them in together and cut the end of the strip off and problem solved. Hot seat again.
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2014, 08:10 PM   #37
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Hot seat again.

Thanks for your contribution

And entertainment I suppose.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:17 PM   #38
Dustyminpin

Old 09-23-2014, 08:33 PM   #39
bdsdnfam
NoJoken

Drives: Synergy Green SS
Glad you solved the problem

Quote:
And thanks for the photo!
bdsdnfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:58 PM   #40
Ocmert
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
Quote:
One more thing, I didn't have the heater on, just the vents. Does that make a difference? Would make sense I guess if the heater had to be on for the heated seats to work.
Mine work regardless of temp outside.
I have noticed that my fart smell horrible with the heated seats on.
Ocmert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:39 AM   #41
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:
what cha ashamed of.. you ever hang around one of us? We call it like we see it.

Quote:
Exactly. I was asking a high brow non/knuckle dragging/poop throwing forum for HELP. If I wanted to be ridiculed, I'd go to one of the bogus pages on Facebook about this shit.
Quote:
Quote:
Whoa slow down, make something of my life... so you're saying troops don't make something of their lives? too bad I served and still achieved a higher GPA than you in a top university in California..before you go insulting people and trying to hit below the belt I suggest you think about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal
Apparently I have made a grave error in my life choice to be a career Military Man thinking I was serving my country. As far as any perceived slight towards you, I apologize. My "Don't deal with stoopid S%!T filter is painfully out of date and needs updating to keep up with the sensitivities of the world.
I guess I should have made something of my life over the last 22 years instead of spending a good portion of it overseas, missing my family, watching friends die, seeing combat on 2 continents in 3 theaters of operation and earning a Master's in the process.
Again, my sincere apologies!
Good Day, Sir.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:08 AM   #42
RGRCamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Why cant we all just get along?

Glad you figured it out! I had the same problem

RGRCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote