Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-05-2023, 11:47 PM   #1
GetSmart

Drives: 2013 Black SS
Passenger door does not unlock

Hi everyone,

Recently my passenger door does not unlock with the key fob. I press the unlock button on the fob, honks twice, the driver side is unlocked, but the passenger side remains locked. I have to go inside and press the unlock button on the passenger door to get it to unlock.

I've also tried my Viper app to unlock it and the same thing happens.

Anyone had a similar problem and know how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance,

John
Rotofab CAI, VMAX PTB, Borla S axle-back, Dynatech SuperMaxx 1 7/8" headers/HF cats, No weeds exhaust diverters, Apex air scoop & catch can, Rohana wheels, MPD1 Z-Force Hood, BTR Stage 3 cam, Vitesse Throttle Controller, etc...
GetSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 05:45 AM   #2
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
I have to press unlock a second time to open the passenger side (didn't have to in a 2014 but do in a 2015). Also the car doesn't honk when I press unlock, only when pressing lock twice. Does the passenger side unlock when you press the unlock button on the driver side door?
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 09:33 AM   #3
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
I have to press unlock a second time to open the passenger side (didn't have to in a 2014 but do in a 2015). Also the car doesn't honk when I press unlock, only when pressing lock twice. Does the passenger side unlock when you press the unlock button on the driver side door?
^^^ this is how mine works as well. Always has. 2011 SS.
Old 06-06-2023, 10:15 AM   #4
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Aren't these settings that can be changed?
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 02:26 PM   #5
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
Aren't these settings that can be changed?
Not really sure. I never looked through my "config" files in the cars system to see if there is anything for the FOBS operation. I know there is a lot of other things you can change.
Old 06-06-2023, 02:46 PM   #6
GetSmart

Drives: 2013 Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
Thank you. I pressed the unlock on the key fob twice and it did open the passenger side door, it does the double honk two times.

I recently bought a new key fob because my two original ones have buttons that fell off from overuse. That's probably why the unlock works different now, it must have re-programmed my car where even the viper app will not open the passenger side on one click.

I'm going to find out if there is a way of programming it back to one click.

Thanks again.

John
Rotofab CAI, VMAX PTB, Borla S axle-back, Dynatech SuperMaxx 1 7/8" headers/HF cats, No weeds exhaust diverters, Apex air scoop & catch can, Rohana wheels, MPD1 Z-Force Hood, BTR Stage 3 cam, Vitesse Throttle Controller, etc...
GetSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 08:23 AM   #7
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Let us know if you find a way to reconfigure the fob. I preferred the one-click to unlock both as well. I'm assuming they changed it in case you were being chased by someone/zombies and this way you can jump in the driver's seat while keeping the other side locked, but yeah just a minor annoyance for me.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote