Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-14-2018, 05:09 AM   #15
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Is your car black? I tried a fender section on my dad's 2017 Tahoe in black......it looked fantastic.....even at 72 he really was excited at how good it looked . I may do his truck for him..but I need mote lol.
Yes, it's black and we all know that black is a pain to keep up with I need to get my fiberglass hood painted then I'll get it all coated!
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:18 PM   #16
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
This looks like a product similar to Carpro Reload.

The advantages to a silica based sealant versus a conventional polymer sealant, are the hydrophobic effect (water repellency), and the slickness of the surface repels dirt more. They also have better resistance to acidic things (bug splatter and bird bombs).

You guys using this should try using Carpro Reset to foam/rinse your car with when it's dirty. It removes most all of the dirt, without removing the SI02 protection.

I've noticed a significant reduction in light wash marring over a years time, because most all the dirt and road film is removed before you actually touch the car.

I'm curious if the Adams is the same 5% SI02 as Reload? If so, I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. They are priced about the same.

Blackfire recently came out with a similar product as well, but they don't state the SI02% and I haven't been able to get any info. on it.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:14 AM   #17
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmn View Post
Yes, it's black and we all know that black is a pain to keep up with I need to get my fiberglass hood painted then I'll get it all coated!
Nice
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:14 AM   #18
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
This looks like a product similar to Carpro Reload.

The advantages to a silica based sealant versus a conventional polymer sealant, are the hydrophobic effect (water repellency), and the slickness of the surface repels dirt more. They also have better resistance to acidic things (bug splatter and bird bombs).

You guys using this should try using Carpro Reset to foam/rinse your car with when it's dirty. It removes most all of the dirt, without removing the SI02 protection.

I've noticed a significant reduction in light wash marring over a years time, because most all the dirt and road film is removed before you actually touch the car.

I'm curious if the Adams is the same 5% SI02 as Reload? If so, I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. They are priced about the same.

Blackfire recently came out with a similar product as well, but they don't state the SI02% and I haven't been able to get any info. on it.
Good write up Joe.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote