Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 05-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
Whitten

Drives: -
Price Gouging GA Dealers

Guys I posted this in the dealer list but thought you might not find it in the sea of posts so here it is so far.

Steve Rayman Chevrolet in Atlanta GA, off of 41 and Windy Hill Rd.
Asking 5K-15K over sticker on all models
http://www.steveraymanchevy.com/?cs:...FRJdxwod31tg2w

Carl Black Chevy, Pontiac, and Buick in Kennesaw, GA off of Barett Parkway.
Asking 5K over sticker.
http://www.carlblackkennesaw.com/
Whitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:25 PM   #2
CamaroDan

Drives: 2007 dodge charger
Well i know that 5 over is the standard for dealers but anything over that is insane. I got a dealer to sell me a 2ss at msrp price when im ready to buy.
CamaroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
cmb570

Drives: 2000 SS Camaro
anyone who pays over sticket (at worse) is a damn fool. The dealers asking over sticker are greedy bastards who will never get any of my business
cmb570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:16 PM   #4
Whitten

Drives: -
I actually told that to the salesman at Steve Rayman when I was looking at their 2LT.
Whitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
Jim Thompson
Thornton Chevrolet

Drives: Golf Cart
gotta love greed:( we are at msrp and have ordered the 40th or 41st car now cant give firm delivery dates any more than anyone else, but we are definitely in the vette and maro business
Jim Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:40 PM   #6
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
People were paying over msrp for the pt cruisers when they came out also.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
Jim Thompson
Thornton Chevrolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
People were paying over msrp for the pt cruisers when they came out also.
and a bunch of other cars over the years. their right to do it, but not a real good practice to be in
Old 05-21-2009, 08:38 PM   #8
alphac2009

Drives: GM - '10 Camaro soon!
We were at Team Chevrolet in Alpharetta a few weeks back where they were selling their Camaros around 3k above MSRP (and I know the sales guy from there posts on the boards). Just visited Andean Chevrolet and the price is "market value." I asked the sales guy what exactly they wanted and it the answer was that was to be determined, but certainly well over the MSRP.

I understand supply and demand, but here GM has willing customers when they are few and far between and these dealers are price gouging when they should consider themselves lucky to have a sale in this environment.

I asked out of curiosity about GMS pricing and was told that won't be for a long time. Not that I didn't expect that, but it's amazing how certain dealers know how to turn potential customers into ones who'll never step on their lot again.

Jim, my father in-law is in Austell and he's bought from you guys for years. My wife and I will be purchasing an LT2 in the coming months and it'll be well worth the 40 mile drive to buy from your dealership as he's always had good things to say about your dealership.
alphac2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:47 PM   #9
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Hardy Chevrolet in Gainesville has told me they are selling at msrp so maybe give them a call also.
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:56 PM   #10
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Yep. Theres a reason I go out of state when I buy most all my big ticket items. Its a shame they lose the business but thats the way it goes. I have no problem with the dealers asking what they want, I can always go somewhere else and usually do. I dont get upset about it. If you look hard enough you can always find someone that wants to earn your business.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:10 PM   #11
herkman

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS, 69 Camaro
Hardy Chevrolet in Dallas sold their LT for 2K over and their 2SS for 3K over.
herkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:18 AM   #12
tejesh83

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
When I was looking a few weeks ago, I found a couple dealers that wanted no more than msrp if you order; Jim Ellis Chevrolet on Peacthree Ind. and Hardy Chevrolet in Gainesville. Of course, I ran into one asking $10k over too, Steve Rayman on Cobb Pkwy, so they have now lost my business for life and I will urge friends/family to avoid them as well.

Of course, if they got a Camaro on the lot, I don't blame them for asking for a premium. It sucks and I probably wouldn't buy it, but if someone wants to pay a few extra thousand or more so they can drive it home today, let them have at it...
tejesh83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:06 AM   #13
Jim Thompson
Thornton Chevrolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphac2009 View Post

I asked out of curiosity about GMS pricing and was told that won't be for a long time. Not that I didn't expect that, but it's amazing how certain dealers know how to turn potential customers into ones who'll never step on their lot again.

Jim, my father in-law is in Austell and he's bought from you guys for years. My wife and I will be purchasing an LT2 in the coming months and it'll be well worth the 40 mile drive to buy from your dealership as he's always had good things to say about your dealership.

Thanks for the support Alpha, tell your FIL the same please.

BTW, we are honoring GMS as well
Old 05-22-2009, 07:07 AM   #14
SSGator
One slick 2010 Black 2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS 6M
I pre-ordered my 2SS from Steve Raymond Chevy and have my quote sheet at MSRP. I will have to say though that there sales people SUCK!! I am now working with my 5th sales person since October, they won't call you back, keep you posted, nor know WTF they are doing. I have had to educated every one of them about the Camaro. And just for the recored I am also one of those stuck at 1100 but number 4 in line. Believe me, I will be calling this morning about this and if they are going to try and pull this on me I will challenge them on their commericals "regardless of profit or loss", we will see. I have considered pulling my order many times but hate to start all over again.

Thanks for the heads up guys!!
SSGator is offline   Reply With Quote