Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #14029
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
34 waist you're good. I'm really thinking more of the 5"10 guy at 200 or so. I'm surprised the topic hasn't come up too much since the Recaros are available. Guess it's because they are special order and not a standard item.

I was initially worried about the seat pan bolsters but they fit fine. Could not rest against the back of the seat without turning sideways. Don't think I could even go around the block sitting in these things. But they are cool as hell.
Thanks for the good news!
Old 01-06-2014, 06:07 PM   #14030
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
What did I miss? And should I be sorry?
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:31 PM   #14031
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
I sat in a 1LE with Ricaros this afternoon while over at Rodgers picking up my wife's new ride from my good friend Becky. Anyways, the Ricaros in the 1LE were snug. Not too snug, just snug. I'm 6' 2" at about 215. I wouldn't want to be any bigger with these seats. I wonder if the Z/28 seats are different.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:07 PM   #14032
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
when you put it this way (20k more than a ZL1) I find it hard to argue. In my mind, much more went into developing the ZL1 than the Z/28 but even if I am wrong...20k more??? Yikes. I would love to have one but honestly I can't max out the capabilities of my ZL1 which I would think would be a prerequisite for being able to justify buying a Z/28, at least for me at this price.
...I am pouting...I wanted the Z/28, but GM due to the domestic financial crash lost the project and resurrected it. And it arose from the ashes as the ZL1. I got it. I own it. It's world class. But I wanted a Z/28. Now the Z/28 comes out, like the cart before the horse, like the fire department saving the basement on a house fire < ok bad analogy>. But, there was no RPO ZL1, it was an RPO Z/28 available to the general public back when...and the tables have turned and now it's a one off flagship testiment to GM Camaro road racing engineering at an exhorbitant price. I will still pout for a while thank you all very much. Thanks for for thoughts mkmorgan.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:10 PM   #14033
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...I am pouting...I wanted the Z/28, but GM due to the domestic financial crash lost the project and resurrected it. And it arose from the ashes as the ZL1. I got it. I own it. It's world class. But I wanted a Z/28. Now the Z/28 comes out, like the cart before the horse, like the fire department saving the basement on a house fire < ok bad analogy>. But, there was no RPO ZL1, it was an RPO Z/28 available to the general public back when...and the tables have turned and now it's a one off flagship testiment to GM Camaro road racing engineering at an exhorbitant price. I will still pout for a while all thank you very much. Thanks for for thoughts mkmorgan.
So if it was the exact same price as the ZL1 which car would you pick?
Old 01-06-2014, 07:15 PM   #14034
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...honestly, I always wanted a brandy new Z/28....and for the longest time they didn't make one worthy of the name. Don't get me wrong, the ZL1 is kick ass, and I love it...it does everything....and then some...and more! But I wanted a Z/28. Special High Performance. That's just me bro...., and I am heart broken because I can't swing it. No big deal. Maybe next time. I am a Z/28 guy from a longtime ago.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:15 PM   #14035
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
I sat in a 1LE with Ricaros this afternoon while over at Rodgers picking up my wife's new ride from my good friend Becky. Anyways, the Ricaros in the 1LE were snug. Not too snug, just snug. I'm 6' 2" at about 215. I wouldn't want to be any bigger with these seats. I wonder if the Z/28 seats are different.
Yup, that sounds about right. You are tall as well, which helps because the bolster would hit you a little lower in the torso. Higher up in the chest area is not comfortable at all.

Quote:
They are the same. Since I was in the market I checked them both out very closely at the fest. Came away feeling like I would just yank them out and put in regular seats. The wife put a screeching halt to that and I realize she was right.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #14036
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...honestly, I always wanted a brandy new Z/28....and for the longest time they didn't make one worthy of the name. Don't get me wrong, the ZL1 is kick ass, and I love it...it does everything....and then some...and more! But I wanted a Z/28. Special High Performance. That's just me bro...., and I am heart broken because I can't swing it. No big deal. Maybe next time. I am a Z/28 guy from a longtime ago.
That's why I asked the question? If both cars were a 20K car which one would you want the Z/28 badge on. Some like the extra 80 horses and all the bells and whistles and others like the naturally aspirated stripped down version.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:23 PM   #14037
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
I'd love of set of those seats in my ZL1. Not sure if that is even possible. Sounds like they won't be offered through pats.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:25 PM   #14038
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
I'd love of set of those seats in my ZL1. Not sure if that is even possible. Sounds like they won't be offered through pats.
You can order a ZL1 with Recaros so you should be able to swap out yours. Not cheap though. I already had a couple guys standing in line to swap me out.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:29 PM   #14039
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I really think the seats are going to kill the deal. I hate to give up the guaranteed slot, but driver weight reduction is in order.

I seriously think anyone over 180 is going to have problems with these seats.
C'mon Mike, this one's easy....modified drivers seat

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:24 PM   #14040
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Mir Bozji, Hristos se Rodi!
Peace of God, Christ is Born!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:41 AM   #14041
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Vaistinu se Rodi!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:24 AM   #14042
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Nice to see you out and about, Pete.

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014