Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-21-2018, 05:00 PM   #15
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Dont be afraid of the brakes, the tires are way more expensive if you ask me. Also why go for the z/28? You should go for the z/28 at these prices but a 2013-15 1LE is i lnsane at the track too, upgrade the fronts to the 6 piston zl1 style brakes and you are set.

FYI I own a 2013 1LE witth carbon ceramic z/28 brakes and they rock. 14 track days, 3 sets of front pads one set of rears, thats over 2.5 years now. Rear rotor still like new front is wearing but whatever. The acceleration and performance with the mass loss was a lot on my 1LE but real reason is I killed the stock brakes and even the cts-v ones (silly co cast rotor is not good). Anyhow, instead of all new brakes bought a used set of z/28 brakes and yeah.... they work.

$1500 a rotor is a lot but you will buy them every 5-8 years depending on your usage. The zl1 1le cast iron rotor is expensive too but weighs like 8kg more per rotor. That is a lot. Rears will last you almost twice that. Pads are not much more than good track pads so whatever. Tires though.... omg the tires but you have the zl1 1le GYs now very affordable.

Finally zl1 1le 390mm rotor will not work, different hat offsets and dont believe hats are same as CCMs. The pads are narrower to align center of pads with rotors but caliper is same. If you can find the hat aftermarket sells for 390s just use the zl1 1le pads too. The abs calibration will be off but might not be an issue. Either way still expensive rotors, those suckers are not cheap either.

You live once man, pop the Z and die happy. I love my 1LE to death and is z/28 fast on stock f1 supercars so no point in buying it now but I have one seat and nothing but metal inside the car. The z/28 is the King, period. I went and bought a c6 z06 lst year, 2009, well because Ls7 lol. Now looking for CCm brakes lmao.

The z/28 is not what it is without the carbon brakes if you ask me, enjoy them