Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #113
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Fixed. Really nothing to enlighten you on, I'm not here to provide any spiritual healing. Before the Z/28 was released, you mentioned the 1LE being the poor mans ZL1. Now it's a poor mans Z/28? Any superior car after the 1LE you'll just fill in the blank and say its the poor mans "......". So that brings me to, you are misguided.

I've already owned a 1LE so thank you for the useless enough as if I didn't know the capabilities of the 1LE are. Unsure at what your point was to even begin with.
You're not here to provide much of anything it seems. Are you on some kind of medication? Your comments are just.... bizarre and delusional.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:17 AM   #114
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
FINALLYSATISFIED historically downs anything not the ZL1. Keep in mind he is the same person who complained that the ZL1 should have been made harder to clone...

The 1LE represents an affordable car with capability that far exceeds it price tag. It is not intended for everyone. It could easily be considered what the SS should have been from the start. GM even admits that not everyone needs or even wants a 1LE. It is not the end all be all of the Camaro either. That is why Chevy gives us so many options. There is something for almost everyone.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:10 AM   #115
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
FINALLYSATISFIED historically downs anything not the ZL1. Keep in mind he is the same person who complained that the ZL1 should have been made harder to clone...

The 1LE represents an affordable car with capability that far exceeds it price tag. It is not intended for everyone. It could easily be considered what the SS should have been from the start. GM even admits that not everyone needs or even wants a 1LE. It is not the end all be all of the Camaro either. That is why Chevy gives us so many options. There is something for almost everyone.
Ah and he drives one... of course. His car = his self-esteem. Gotcha. Thanks for the... 'enlightenment'.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 06-28-2013, 05:32 AM   #116
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED
Fixed. Really nothing to enlighten you on, I'm not here to provide any spiritual healing. Before the Z/28 was released, you mentioned the 1LE being the poor mans ZL1. Now it's a poor mans Z/28? Any superior car after the 1LE you'll just fill in the blank and say its the poor mans "......". So that brings me to, you are misguided.

I've already owned a 1LE so thank you for the useless enough as if I didn't know the capabilities of the 1LE are. Unsure at what your point was to even begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
You're not here to provide much of anything it seems. Are you on some kind of medication? Your comments are just.... bizarre and delusional.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:10 AM   #117
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:

Clearly you didn't fully grasp what I said. The 1LE deserves much more respect than just a poor mans, anything. The 1LE is in a class of its own.

Quote:
Really? Lol. Not my fault you can't comprehend what I'm saying. In any case I'll repeat myself. The 1LE isn't a poor mans anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post

Me thinking the ZL1 should have been harder to clone has nothing to do with this topic. Just like now I hope the Z/28 is harder to clone and yet ill never own one. So what the hell are you talking about? Forget the fact I've owned a 1LE, right? I'm fully aware of what the 1LE is meant to be and what it means to the brand. Go to the 1LE forum, I've praised it from the beginning. But thanks anyway for stating the obvious.

Quote:
Ah and he drives one... of course. His car = his self-esteem. Gotcha. Thanks for the... 'enlightenment'.
I owned a '10 2SS as well which is what you own. I guess we have the same self-esteem issues that you speak of, lol. Me owning a ZL1 is an easy target for you to say "well he owns a ZL1 so he thinks he's all that, blah blah". Your wrong, lol. Come with something original. Oh wait you can't. Smh.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #118
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:

I owned a '10 2SS as well which is what you own. I guess we have the same self-esteem issues that you speak of, lol. Me owning a ZL1 is an easy target for you to say "well he owns a ZL1 so he thinks he's all that, blah blah". Your wrong, lol. Come with something original. Oh wait you can't. Smh.
What you do not grasp is that Doc is one of our most knowledgeable AND respected members here and has contributed far more than just his opinions.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #119
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Clearly you didn't fully grasp what I said. The 1LE deserves much more respect than just a poor mans, anything. The 1LE is in a class of its own.

Well since getting your hands on a Z/28 is likely to be almost twice the cost of a 1LE which puts it out of the range of most Camaro customers, then calling it a 'poor man's Z/28' actually elevates the 1LE. Not something you understood apparently.

Really? Lol. Not my fault you can't comprehend what I'm saying. In any case I'll repeat myself. The 1LE isn't a poor mans anything.

The fact that you're repeating yourself doesn't make it any more salient. Either you simply don't get it; or you can just disagree with the original premise, but pretending you're comments are so lofty that people can't comprehend you, nor are you going to descend from your lofty height to "spiritually heal" those who "can't comprehend" what you're saying as though it's so advanced only you can understand it, well that just makes you come across as delusional.

I do not own a 2SS; what I own is clearly in my sig. There is no "we"; you're by yourself. I don't really care what you drive and since your opinions offer nothing of any real conversational interest...I'll leave you to your meds, beer, weed...whatever the substance is you live in. Have a nice day.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 06-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #120
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
What you do not grasp is that Doc is one of our most knowledgeable AND respected members here and has contributed far more than just his opinions.
Also, I've never seen him put down any other Camaro in comparing them.

...I agree the 1LE (before the appearance of the Z/28) was a poor man's ZL1. Matter of fact it still is to both the ZL1 and Z/28. It's how products like these are sold. You want the top model, but can't afford it? A company will build a less expensive model that compliments it to gather a customer base.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #121
AGM 1LE

Drives: 14 SS/ 1LE
I ordered my 2014 1LE because I want something that can do track days, be good at the strip and nice to drive in which it does well. The package adds a bunch of good performance at a good deal, and it looks sweet too.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #122
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
I do not own a 2SS; what I own is clearly in my sig. There is no "we"; you're by yourself. I don't really care what you drive and since your opinions offer nothing of any real conversational interest...I'll leave you to your meds, beer, weed...whatever the substance is you live in. Have a nice day.
I believe his name says it all. He was satisfied (he thought) till the Z/28 appeared. Do not be fooled the ZL1 is a great Camaro!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #123
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
its like saying hey, here's 3 tacos, that'll be $6. or ill give you 4 Tacos for $6.50.

or. ill sell you my Pump remington shot gun for $250. or you can buy my Benelli for$300
:

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #124
Cooley

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE

Enough said.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #125
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGM 1LE View Post
I ordered my 2014 1LE because I want something that can do track days, be good at the strip and nice to drive in which it does well. The package adds a bunch of good performance at a good deal, and it looks sweet too.
Congrats!
And I love your avatar , but you may want to revise it somehow. We try to keep it family oriented.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #126
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
They are not ZL1 Type wheels, they are the exact same wheels and sizes....The 1LE tires are the ZL1 fronts on all four corners (285s)

Why the hype for me?...After driving a 2010 supercharged Camaro SS on full Eibach suspension/sways, exhaust ect (Firebreather / not mine, I was asked to drive it) from NY to Vegas (Bullrun 2010) I said to myself I would never buy a Camaro.....Drove a 2012 SS in Arizona while on vacation...Again said I would never buy a Camaro. Test drove a 1LE after reading all of the reviews, I ordered one.

Why? I am a road racer/instructor for about 15 plus years. The stock SS suspension is subpar for the track with too much oversteer and the car feels sluggish and unresponsive. (on the track) The revised 1LE gearing (not much better overall ratios for straight line, but a better combination) make the car feel more spirited. The lighter ZL1 wheels (5lbs per corner) have a huge effect as the unsprung weight is reduced greatly. The steering effort with the EPS is great, the trans is solid. The changes to the steering wheel, shift knob and the rimless rear view mirror (all 2013) just make the car "feel" right and actually more spacious with the less obstructed view. The suspension is firm buts rides nice on the street and is more than adequate on a track (search my other posts). Add to the above that all 2013 LS3 are making more power to the wheels than the 2010 - 2013 cars (Mine made 396whp stock on a MD dyno) and it is a no-brainer at $3500

The reason I grabbed a 1LE over a Boss 302 was the cost and the numbers it will run on a road course. If it were not for a 1LE package I would be driving a Mustang.......

Now, I can't speak on changing from an SS to a 1LE as that is up to each individual owner.

Matt
I was drooling over that Firebreather when it was parked outside that hotel in Chelsea the night prior to the start. A truly gorgeous car. I was at the pier the next morning for the actual start. Stopping NYC traffic for the start was something else.

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote