Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 12-08-2018, 10:59 PM   #1
707 SS

Drives: 2010 2SS
tr 6060 transmission upgrade ?

What’s everyone’s favorite tr 6060 transmission upgrade, builder,replacement .Lookind for recommendations to keep up with my built and supercharged motor 750 rwtq and 780rwhp.The stock m6 tr 6060 tranny is not keeping up it’s having issues
707 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:23 PM   #2
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
The 1LE/ZL1 version handles greater torque.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:09 PM   #3
707 SS

Nobody out there has a built m6?
Old 12-14-2018, 08:03 AM   #4
1911 1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 2SS 1LE
I went with RSG. If you plan on ever running any mile events, make sure it get the 9310 billet 5th gear. I have a couple of friends that used RPM without issues also. We installed the RPS triple carbon clutch to top off the driveline upgrades.
Maggie 2650 @ 18psi/ 75mm 10 rib/ Dual alky nozzles/ Roto-fab/ ARH 2" Lt's/ GT-12 cam/ ZL1 3.23 Conv./MGW/RPS triple carbon clutch/RSG tranny upgrage/Pedders Ex. XA w/ remote cans and a lot of other crap 897/8??@tires
1911 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:56 AM   #5
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
That's not correct. The 1LE and ZL1 are not the same torque rating, nor do they have the same ratios. The regular M6 SS has an M10 with a rated torque capacity of 430ft/lbs. The 1LE has an MM6 with a rated torque capacity of 430ft/lbs. The Z/28 has an MM6 with a rated torque capacity of 500ft/lbs. The ZL1 has an MG9 with a rated torque capacity of 560ft/lbs.

The MG9 from a ZL1 is the beefiest gearbox of them all.

707 SS - what issues are you having?
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:47 PM   #6
707 SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
That's not correct. The 1LE and ZL1 are not the same torque rating, nor do they have the same ratios. The regular M6 SS has an M10 with a rated torque capacity of 430ft/lbs. The 1LE has an MM6 with a rated torque capacity of 430ft/lbs. The Z/28 has an MM6 with a rated torque capacity of 500ft/lbs. The ZL1 has an MG9 with a rated torque capacity of 560ft/lbs.

The MG9 from a ZL1 is the beefiest gearbox of them all.

707 SS - what issues are you having?
Acammer the last two times at the drag strip after a couple of 1/4 mile passes the slave cylinder failed me after a hard burnout peadel to the floor .The first time I found that the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder came loose the whole bleeder valve shaft .Re filled the master bled the slave and ithe clutch pressure came back every thing working ok .The next time at the track after third run and hard burn out same thing petal to the flooor another leaky bleeder valve .This time I took a closer look and looked into the tranny vents and could see that the two bolts holding the slave to the trans were loose and backed out a bit.So I ordered a new OEM slave with a tick performance billet throughout bearing .I pulled the trans replaced the slave cylinder put the transmission back in with new slave and second drive in the car after a good burnout same thing petal to floor and a mess of dot 3.About to put the car on the lift pull the transmission again and see if there’s any wobble in the main imput shaft . Any imput or suggestion would be awesome.Was thinking of sending the transmission into tick performance for level 3 rebuild .Wanted to see what everyone else out there is doing with there tr 6060 m6.

Last edited by 707 SS; 12-14-2018 at 11:55 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:40 AM   #7
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 13 Camaro LSX434 TT M6, 21 ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
"The Tremec TR-6060 "MG9" manual features 30 percent more torque capacity than in the Camaro SS. The higher torque capacity results from a strengthened output shaft, high-strength rear housing, and additional roller bearing. The MG9 has also been tuned for improved shift feel, with a dual-mass flywheel, twin-disc clutch, and triple synchros for smooth, precise shifts." - so they say.

1LE and SS are same other than gearing.

1LE and ZL1 are same 1-3 gears but 5-6 different.

For me, the ideal gearset would be the 1LE in a ZL1 strength package; hence, maybe a call to RPM is needed.

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:34 AM   #8
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707 SS View Post
Acammer the last two times at the drag strip after a couple of 1/4 mile passes the slave cylinder failed me after a hard burnout peadel to the floor .The first time I found that the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder came loose the whole bleeder valve shaft .Re filled the master bled the slave and ithe clutch pressure came back every thing working ok .The next time at the track after third run and hard burn out same thing petal to the flooor another leaky bleeder valve .This time I took a closer look and looked into the tranny vents and could see that the two bolts holding the slave to the trans were loose and backed out a bit.So I ordered a new OEM slave with a tick performance billet throughout bearing .I pulled the trans replaced the slave cylinder put the transmission back in with new slave and second drive in the car after a good burnout same thing petal to floor and a mess of dot 3.About to put the car on the lift pull the transmission again and see if there’s any wobble in the main imput shaft . Any imput or suggestion would be awesome.Was thinking of sending the transmission into tick performance for level 3 rebuild .Wanted to see what everyone else out there is doing with there tr 6060 m6.
It's definitely odd that you have these reoccurring hydraulic issues. The hydraulic clutch system in our cars is pretty lame in OE configuration. I have essentially upgraded/replaced all the parts in that system except for the line from master to slave to try to eliminate problems with hanging clutch pedals and a slow releasing clutch.

I guess at this point it can't hurt to take a look at the trans itself and see if there is an issue there that[s bothering the slave. I'd take a look at the clutch too, I would suspect that of hurting the slave before the trans itself. You've definitely got the right idea with getting that billet throw-out support in there. Maybe you just got a defective slave when you did the replacement or something stupid. Let us know what you find.

As for the trans RPM and Tick do TR6060 rebuilds, and I'm sure there are others. I always swore if I ever pulled mine out I would send it for a rebuild and get those damn 10-11 junk syncros/blockers replaced - and yet when I had the throw-out bearing go out this fall I didn't have the funds so I just put in a new slave with the billet support and continue to fight a far from idea 1-2 shift.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote