Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-23-2016, 02:02 PM   #1
G701LE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IBM silver stipes
HORRIBLE customer service B&M (Axis)

I am so pissed at these guys. Not just because they wouldn't work with me on price. But, it's like they threw it in my face that IF i returned my product, I will be charged a restocking fee of 15% (can anyone do the math? ?) of the $222 purchase! And I will have to reimburse them for the free shipping and pay to ship it back. I feel a virtual slap in the face with the way they came back at me with all this, kind of like. "Haha! You pretty much have to keep it".

Never again! Enjoy my money. And thanks for the $11 off.......

Mods = Not enough....
G701LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 02:05 PM   #2
G701LE

On top of that they have $75 dollar rebate? On what? I was going to buy the dipstick too at the same time and the guy wouldn't budge on the 5%. How much exactly do you have to spend? pfft

Ok. I'm done

Mods = Not enough....
Old 12-23-2016, 02:24 PM   #3
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I'm not sure I understand. You're badmouthing a company because they would not negotiate the price of an item down to your price on an item you already purchased? Then you threatened to return it and they and said they would assess a restock fee?

Furthermore, you would have to pay shipping to return the item? Then there's a $75 rebate on something, then you were going to buy a dipstick and once again you got ticked off 'cause they would not budge on the 5% discount?

All of this without explaining to us what the item is, why you needed to return it and so many other details you might want to include when talking shit about a company....oh....and throw in there just how much eggnog you've been smokin'.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 02:51 PM   #4
G701LE

Ok. I asked the same day I ordered because dynosteve has a way better price on a DEEP TRANSMISSION PAN. They said sorry it already shipped. Then I replied "can you match RDP's price?" NO RESPONSE. I said we could avoid all the hassle of me returning if they would match their price. NO RESPONSE. Then I sent another email stating I will be returning the item. So they gladly sent me an email stating all the "charges" incurred by the return. That's when I got pissed. It was in all how they handled it and the wording in their emails. Yes I was going to buy the pan and the dipstick at the same time thinking I would get more off per their ad. I could give 2 shits less if you agree with me being pissed. GFYS. If they simply would have replied to my emails, except the one they seemed more than eager to throw back, I would maybe have had a different experience.

Mods = Not enough....
Old 12-23-2016, 03:28 PM   #5
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Why didn't you shop around first? You're wound pretty tight huh? Do you have a 1-800 number for when it all comes unwound?
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 04:20 PM   #6
G701LE

YEAH. 1-800- <insert your number here

LOL
I'm over it now. But since you feel the need to poke me too. LMAO

Mods = Not enough....
Old 12-23-2016, 04:21 PM   #7
G701LE

IT was a simple $18. The money was not the point. And since you can't see in the way they dealt with it and handled me. You wouldn't understand. You know wording and timing is everything when it comes to communication.

Mods = Not enough....
Old 12-23-2016, 07:59 PM   #8
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
15% of $222 is $33.

Restocking fee's are always garbage in my opinion. You have to pay someone money to put that item right back where it was? Get out of here with that. They are just upset they thought they were getting a deal and you decided against it. Return cost on shipping I can understand, but restocking fee's are stupid as all hell. That screams that a company is all about trying to nickle and dime you.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports

Last edited by Gunmetal Speedster; 12-23-2016 at 08:17 PM.
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 09:34 PM   #9
G701LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
15% of $222 is $33.

Restocking fee's are always garbage in my opinion. You have to pay someone money to put that item right back where it was? Get out of here with that. They are just upset they thought they were getting a deal and you decided against it. Return cost on shipping I can understand, but restocking fee's are stupid as all hell. That screams that a company is all about trying to nickle and dime you.
Glad someone sees at least some of my point. $33 is outrageous for returning an item. Let alone the shipping on top of that. Oh well, you live and learn. The post was a rant and to tell others to shop around before you purchased. I was so mad at myself when, after I ordered the pan, I went directly to dynosteve's site and seen it for around $18 less (and I'm sure that dude would have even gone lower if he could). So, I instantly sent an email about cancelling my order. Oh well, I will have to eat it because I am not rich. Otherwise I would do it on principal alone! I also agree on paying the shipping, but not in this case, because they could EASILY have matched Steve's price and they wouldn't. I don't know to many companies that wouldn't do it.......except.......

Mods = Not enough....
Old 12-23-2016, 09:42 PM   #10
Gunmetal Speedster

Out of curiosity; how long after you purchased the item did you request a cancellation? For them to have already shipped it same day seems a bit iffy. Most great named vendors here don't ship same day, even if you place an order at 3 am where they have had time to get it together and ship it, still doesn't happen. So for them to claim they shipped it already strikes me as either a way to deter a return, or, they have outstanding service when it comes to getting those items to you fast

Kudos if it's the latter B&M. We could use more of that.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Old 12-23-2016, 10:58 PM   #11
G701LE

It was pretty quick. I don't remember exactly how long. But, when I emailed them to cancel, I was SHOCKED that they said it had already been shipped.

Mods = Not enough....
Old 12-24-2016, 03:22 AM   #12
Gunmetal Speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by G701LE View Post
It was pretty quick. I don't remember exactly how long. But, when I emailed them to cancel, I was SHOCKED that they said it had already been shipped.
Yeah that seems a bit strange.. I have a hard time believing they happen to ship faster than most companies that are big name. That paired with the restocking BS, I wouldn't be surprised if they just said that. 5% off of products for forum members and restocking fee doesn't scream great customer satisfaction. Just seems to me they care more about making money than looking out for the best interest of the customer. Then again, I havent personally done business with them. Hell, I've never even heard of them before this honestly. So my opinion isn't all that relevant. But like I said, if it reigns true that they legitimately shipped it that quick, kudos to them.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:03 PM   #13
B&MRacing

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Hi G701LE,

First, we would like to say that we are very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. We strive to ship all orders on the same day that they are received. Generally, if we receive an order prior to 12pm, it will ship out on the same business day. All orders received after 12pm will almost always ship out first thing in the morning on the following business day if they do not ship on the same day. Unfortunately, your cancellation request was received after your item had already shipped and we were unable to cancel it at that point. Our return policy does state that all items are subject to a 15% restocking fee and customers will be responsible for the return shipping charges.

B&M has a minimum advertised pricing policy on our products. Retailers can sell our products for whatever price they choose, but they cannot advertise that price if it is below MAP (minimum advertised price). Along those lines, we cannot match pricing that is below our MAP price because that would mean that we are under-cutting our distributors and their ability to sell our products.

Customer experience and satisfaction is at the very top of our priority list and we apologize if you are unhappy. Please contact our Customer Service Manager, John Osterkamp, at (707) 544-4761 ext. 428 so that we may attempt to find an agreeable solution to this situation.
B&MRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 07:51 AM   #14
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
We have stellar Sponsors, it's really a shame that you have chosen to write such a meaningless post in attempts to blame someone else for your failure.
  1. Do your own homework and shopping around before deciding to purchase a product from someone
  2. Once you do purchase a product, there are severe limitations on price match guarantees by many vendors and they ALL vary. Price matching AFTER you order a product is insane, yea there are a few companies that offer it but most everyone has removed the option.
  3. Restocking fees of 15% are standard: Fulfilling an order and shipping costs equipment, time, resources, payroll and other unrecoverable costs. You want a refund? Not a problem, but the company you purchased from shouldn't be expected to eat these costs on behalf of your stupid choices. If you really want to know where the whole restocking fee came from, it was because losers would purchase $5,000 televisions for Superbowl weekend and return them for free the next week.
  4. 15% of $222 = $33.30

Somehow the phrase "You can't please everyone" seems relevant here. Please keep up the good work B&M
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote