Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-15-2021, 10:00 PM   #1
niceguy

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Can you guys help. No sound turn signals

Hi I have a 2013 camaro that intermittently will not play the tick sound for its turn signals and also the unbuckled seat belt alarm audio. Researching the problem seem to indicate a bad BCM module.

Is there anyone out there who has had this problem. How much does the dealer charge for repairs.
niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 11:10 PM   #2
Ponchonutty

Drives: 2012 SS L99 Converible
Have factory stereo and sound out of your front speakers? If not, rplace front door speakers. They are junk. Your chimes work through them. Don’t buy $500 speakers either unless you are upgrading the stereo.
Old 07-15-2021, 11:27 PM   #3
niceguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponchonutty View Post
Have factory stereo and sound out of your front speakers? If not, rplace front door speakers. They are junk. Your chimes work through them. Don’t buy $500 speakers either unless you are upgrading the stereo.
Where are the front speakers. I assuming you don't mean the door speakers.

Edit: You said front door speaker, I missed that because I had a brain fart. But still do you mean the small tweeter speaker correct.

Last edited by niceguy; 07-16-2021 at 12:03 AM.
Old 07-16-2021, 12:56 AM   #4
Rob3D

Drives: Car
The problem is my bad BCM module symptoms can be very different than yours. Codes didn’t show on my diagnostic/code reader, but when the dealership hooked up his diagnostic thingy, it lit up like a xmas tree. That OEM BCM took a while to get in…back ordered due to covid I reckon.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 01:35 AM   #5
niceguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
The problem is my bad BCM module symptoms can be very different than yours. Codes didn’t show on my diagnostic/code reader, but when the dealership hooked up his diagnostic thingy, it lit up like a xmas tree. That OEM BCM took a while to get in…back ordered due to covid I reckon.
I just put my head up to the speakers in my driver door while the turn sounds were working and discovered the chimes come from BOTH speakers in the door.

I am going to have to pull over and troubleshooting the damn thing when the audio cuts out again. I pray it's the speaker because a 1k repair for the BCM will most likely convince me to get rid of the car.

Quick history lesson my camaro AC died 5mths and cost 3k to fix, luckily the warranty was still good to pay for that repair but as of now my warranty is expired.
Old 07-16-2021, 04:13 AM   #6
Ponchonutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy View Post
Where are the front speakers. I assuming you don't mean the door speakers.

Edit: You said front door speaker, I missed that because I had a brain fart. But still do you mean the small tweeter speaker correct.
Yup. The radio door speakers
Old 07-17-2021, 05:52 PM   #7
niceguy

OK guys after further troubleshooting I have discovered this much. My turn signal chime died again while driving so I pulled over for some probing.

I turned my turn signal on and nothing. So I then turned on my radio and proceeded to route all audio output through the driver door and as soon as I did the audio from the radio just went completely silent. I then proceeded to max the volume out and bam both the turn signal chime and radio came back.

Now considering this information is it more highly probable that like Ponchonutty told me it is indeed the speaker or could this still point to a a bad BCM. Also if it is a speaker issue which should I replace the woofer or tweeter since sound comes from both simultaneously.
Old 07-17-2021, 10:34 PM   #8
Ponchonutty

Quote:
OK guys after further troubleshooting I have discovered this much. My turn signal chime died again while driving so I pulled over for some probing.

I turned my turn signal on and nothing. So I then turned on my radio and proceeded to route all audio output through the driver door and as soon as I did the audio from the radio just went completely silent. I then proceeded to max the volume out and bam both the turn signal chime and radio came back.

Now considering this information is it more highly probable that like Ponchonutty told me it is indeed the speaker or could this still point to a a bad BCM. Also if it is a speaker issue which should I replace the woofer or tweeter since sound comes from both simultaneously.
1000% speaker. I’m telling ya I’ve replaced enough of them. Just had a 17 Silverado that EVERY SINGLE SPEAKER except the a pillar ones were bad!!!!
Old 07-18-2021, 01:27 AM   #9
niceguy

Quote:
1000% speaker. I’m telling ya I’ve replaced enough of them. Just had a 17 Silverado that EVERY SINGLE SPEAKER except the a pillar ones were bad!!!!
Thanks man, which speaker though woofer or tweeter
Old 07-19-2021, 06:23 AM   #10
Ponchonutty

Woofer. The tweets rarely go bad
Old 11-04-2021, 02:34 PM   #11
niceguy

Quote:
Woofer. The tweets rarely go bad
That wasn't the problem, I replaced both the woofer and tweeter and the problem is still tbere.
Old 11-30-2021, 03:44 PM   #12
Ponchonutty

Quote:
That wasn't the problem, I replaced both the woofer and tweeter and the problem is still tbere.
What did you replace them with? If you replaced them with the wrong ohm size that can cause it not to play. I’ve seen corrosion inside the speaker plugs too. Could also be bad wiring inside door boot.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:23 AM   #13
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I’m half (or more) deaf. I haven’t heard a turn signal clicking since 1995! Or birds, crickets, wife, etc. No problem!
Old 10-02-2022, 07:32 PM   #14
niceguy

Quote:
What did you replace them with? If you replaced them with the wrong ohm size that can cause it not to play. I’ve seen corrosion inside the speaker plugs too. Could also be bad wiring inside door boot.
I replaced it with a OEM part. 2 ohm 50 watt