Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-13-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
G.E.

Drives: black on black twenty ten ss/rs
People with tinted lights...

did any of you purchase products from here? if so are they any good?
http://www.headlightarmor.com/10-che...ting-kits.aspx
G.E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
why would I want to and what traffic laws are being violated if you do this? visibility is 100% the most important thing you have to have...see and be seen.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:01 PM   #3
ZNOLMT

Drives: Rally Yellow 2LT
The smoked signals look tempting.
ZNOLMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:07 PM   #4
flyinglow57

Drives: rumble bee,2SS 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWHCPA View Post
why would I want to and what traffic laws are being violated if you do this? visibility is 100% the most important thing you have to have...see and be seen.
im glad this threads title was.. people that want to be babies and complain about someone elses car..

what i have always done on my cars was have them scuffed down then spray the lights with a mix of black and clear coat.. you can make it as dark or as light as youwant. that stuff looks ok though
Old 09-13-2009, 03:57 PM   #5
jayson71

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro
I think if you re-read you will see SWHCPA is asking why would "He" do this? Nothing of someone else’s car. The second point made by SWHCPA is that you need to see and be seen.

So to answer your question it is absolutely a concern of every driver what all others do to their lights. Dimming the lights can cause accidents period. You cannot accurately judge the distance of oncoming cars if they have dimmed their lights. Take it to an extreme why don't you simply turn your lights off and drive around? That would be stupid wouldn't it?
jayson71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #6
noisemker

Drives: RY 2LT/RS
if you have to judge how far away a car is by its tailights you need to get your eyes checked, because ive driven by so many people with tinted tails and never had a problem judging how far away they are
noisemker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:27 PM   #7
Greatness
Greatness

Drives: Camaro
ima get tai lights tins on my black camaro but gotta make sure u dont have old people behind u cuz they always got bad vision..
Greatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:02 PM   #8
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
thanks for the link, I was looking for a place that sold precut film for the camaro... I wanna do the medium smoke on my taillights and side markers and the yellow for my fogs

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:20 PM   #9
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
most likely what I'll be getting for my side marks at least.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:53 PM   #10
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Any plans for reverse lights?
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:08 PM   #11
G.E.

Drives: black on black twenty ten ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
Any plans for reverse lights?
i emailed them about the reverse lights and they replied this:
Thanks for your inquiry. At this point I am not sure if a kit for the backup
lights will be added. They are pretty small and recessed. Add to that the
car's limited rear visibility and likelihood that the rear window will
tinted too we chose to use our very limited design time with the car for the
side markers & taillights instead.
G.E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #12
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
Post Answers to Headlight Armor questions

Good Morning one and all. We were sent a link to this thread by one of our customers who recently ordered our clear headlight protection kit for their new Camaro. We sent a vendor inquiry yesterday and this morning received an email clearing us posting, so we thought a reply to a few posts would be in order.

Quote:
Headlights on new cars are expensive. I tried a few online GM parts suppliers and it doesn’t appear any of them have pricing up on any Camaro replacement parts. I checked a few popular GM vehicles and all the headlight assemblies I found were less than a lot of other makes but still over $200 each and the fogs were $100 each - without labor to remove and replace. While our protective covers will not stop everything, they do a fine job protecting the lights! They have always been available in Clear, now in a few colored options too. Our HID Blue headlight protection kits make a normal halogen light look whiter. GT Yellow will be better in rain, fog and snow though not sure how many of you are going to be putting snow tires on your Camaro and using it as a ski car

For legality you would need to check with your local jurisdiction. Vehicle inspection criteria are usually a good starting point. We make no guarantees to any of our products' street legality, not even for the clear headlight protection kits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinglow57 View Post
im glad this threads title was.. people that want to be babies and complain about someone elses car.. what i have always done on my cars was have them scuffed down then spray the lights with a mix of black and clear coat.. you can make it as dark or as light as youwant. that stuff looks ok though
Thanks, yes painting (I assume you are talking about the taillights) is an option. Best to get another set of lights and have them painted as it is a permanent solution. This link is one of the better ones we have found showing the painting process for those interested in going that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
thanks for the link, I was looking for a place that sold precut film for the camaro... I wanna do the medium smoke on my taillights and side markers and the yellow for my fogs
Looks good in your signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.E. View Post
i emailed them about the reverse lights and they replied this:
Thanks for your inquiry. At this point I am not sure if a kit for the backup
lights will be added. They are pretty small and recessed. Add to that the
car's limited rear visibility and likelihood that the rear window will
tinted too we chose to use our very limited design time with the car for the
side markers & taillights instead.
Correct, we had a very short window of opportunity and chose to pass for the time being on the reverse lights, though if people are interested I can see about adding them to the line.

EDIT: Reverse Lights are now included FREE with both the smoked taillight and smoked taillight & side marker kits.

Thanks again for your interest and please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Last edited by HeadlightArmor; 11-27-2009 at 10:05 PM.
HeadlightArmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #13
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
Post more info

Additional information added to our vendor section post here
HeadlightArmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:05 AM   #14
general23cmp

Drives: 2010 RS SS
Quote:
"see".....shouldn't buy a camaro then. Probably one of the most difficult cars I've ever tried to see out of.
general23cmp is offline   Reply With Quote