Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-27-2023, 02:06 PM   #127
zar5h7

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
So I used a 4 gauge 19" cable from Autozone from Body Bolt to the Tranny where the fluid line bolts to the tranny, I used the bolt that holds the line to the tranny. I only started it up twice as I was checking the car after installing the headers. The car is not going out until after winter, So I don't know how heat soak will go but it did seem to start stronger cold. I have a 6 Ga for the trunk Battery but I'll hold off and see how this one does.
Hey Joe G. - I know this is an old post but was under my car attempting same thing yesterday. I have LT headers. So that Gen5DIY site is where I got this idea, but their video does not make sense.

https://www.gen5diy.com/products/10-...f055aa2f&_ss=r

I don't see how they routed a 20inch zero gauge cable from that bell housing bolt to the frame. Looks to me they bolted it passenger side engine cylinder block, then used another cable from the block to that frame bolt.

Regardless, you stated you did it from the tranny line bolt (bit further back) to the frame instead. I was thinking the same thing, but just wanted to see how it's held up? My main concern is how close the wire is to the mid-pipe/tail end of the header. I may need to downsize to a 4 gauge wire instead to get some better flexibility. Used zero for trunk and driver side engine ground, but not nearly as much to bend there.

Really if anyone else has some info on this it would be appreciated.
zar5h7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 05:59 PM   #128
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I had zero issues and it fit fine, I think zero gauge is a bit overkill.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 09:17 AM   #129
zar5h7

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Yep, knocked it down (up, whatever) to a 4 gauge and used about a 24inch wire 5/8 one end the other 3/8 and was able to go from the tranny bell housing to that bolt in the frame. That 0 gauge was the issue, couldn't work with at all. The 4 gauge I was able to bend around a harness and sort of tuck in between the heat shielding (whatever that flimsy metal is next to the frame) so it would keep off the headers.

For engine bay used 20inch 4 gauge on driver side block to frame.

For battery used 18 inch 0 gauge from negative post to frame.

Engine starting much, much better and quicker now. We'll have to see how it does when it gets hot, but right no satisfied with the results.
zar5h7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 10:57 AM   #130
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
0 Gauge is probably overkill but hopefully you are good to go.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote