Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-10-2018, 03:53 PM   #15
rozarioorlan

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Being a college student, working part time and having a ton of other things on my plate, I understand your point completely. Not only am I very limited on funds as well, but I almost have no down time to even think about engine swapping, supercharging, etc. It all is unrealistic for me at this point, so I get you.

On the other hand, there is a good amount of bolt ons and suspension mods to create a more fun, more powerful car. I honestly think making this vehicle a monster V6 is pretty time consuming and expensive, two things most people can’t commit to. Hence why there are only a few 500+ hp V6 Camaros. Getting into the 400’s is more reasonable and is still plenty to have a fun, reliable daily driver. It really just comes down to what you’re looking for in this car. I have a good amount of bolts on, some weight reduction and nice tires and the car is a new beast compared to stock. It obviously isn’t the fastest car on the street, but it’s quicker than most, gets a ton of looks, good mpg, fine for traveling, has enough power for me but calm enough for family members to drive and I didn’t invest much in the years I had it.

All I can say is keep an open mind towards your car. Know that there is a good amount of mods out there that definitely transform your car. Engine swapping for whatever reason is just too complicated on this car and the only forced induction is that overkill supercharger for $6k. It would be wise to wait if you wanted to see what else will be developed because I know there are some things being work on. Just don’t look down your car because the lack of what you’re looking for and look at what is out there and what you can do now.
2013 2LS - K&N CAI, Overkill Ported 80mm Throttle Body, Overkill E85 Kit and Overkill Tune, Jacfab Ported Intake Manifold and Spacer, Stealth 3.0 TC, ARH Catted Downpipes, Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe, Resonator Delete, Jones Full Boar Racing Mufflers, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Seperator
rozarioorlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 01:57 AM   #16
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozarioorlan View Post
Being a college student, working part time and having a ton of other things on my plate, I understand your point completely. Not only am I very limited on funds as well, but I almost have no down time to even think about engine swapping, supercharging, etc. It all is unrealistic for me at this point, so I get you.

On the other hand, there is a good amount of bolt ons and suspension mods to create a more fun, more powerful car. I honestly think making this vehicle a monster V6 is pretty time consuming and expensive, two things most people can’t commit to. Hence why there are only a few 500+ hp V6 Camaros. Getting into the 400’s is more reasonable and is still plenty to have a fun, reliable daily driver. It really just comes down to what you’re looking for in this car. I have a good amount of bolts on, some weight reduction and nice tires and the car is a new beast compared to stock. It obviously isn’t the fastest car on the street, but it’s quicker than most, gets a ton of looks, good mpg, fine for traveling, has enough power for me but calm enough for family members to drive and I didn’t invest much in the years I had it.

All I can say is keep an open mind towards your car. Know that there is a good amount of mods out there that definitely transform your car. Engine swapping for whatever reason is just too complicated on this car and the only forced induction is that overkill supercharger for $6k. It would be wise to wait if you wanted to see what else will be developed because I know there are some things being work on. Just don’t look down your car because the lack of what you’re looking for and look at what is out there and what you can do now.
I love my car I'm just board with it's power. I still chuckle when flooring it but is not laughing like the joker. I did not own very fast cars mostly lard ass heavy sedans with lazy bigmotors. 1st time in this car I was laughing like a mad man every time I went near the peddle.

I do like the idea of buying and building a K24 or Honda LS engine and plopping it in a Honda she'll or Honda with blown motor. 1600$ there gets you alot of parts and stuff 1600$ here....Camaro is still to new and expensive for alot of the good stuff.

I think Honda suits a eBay build better to learn on. Not disappointed in my car. I might swap to the diff gears from the RS I got the LS Package
I think I have faster gearing in the diff I avrage 21mpg I think I could get 25 mpg
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:13 PM   #17
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
I love my car I'm just board with it's power. I still chuckle when flooring it but is not laughing like the joker. I did not own very fast cars mostly lard ass heavy sedans with lazy bigmotors. 1st time in this car I was laughing like a mad man every time I went near the peddle.

I do like the idea of buying and building a K24 or Honda LS engine and plopping it in a Honda she'll or Honda with blown motor. 1600$ there gets you alot of parts and stuff 1600$ here....Camaro is still to new and expensive for alot of the good stuff.

I think Honda suits a eBay build better to learn on. Not disappointed in my car. I might swap to the diff gears from the RS I got the LS Package
I think I have faster gearing in the diff I avrage 21mpg I think I could get 25 mpg

All V6s have 3.23 gears except the 2LS which has 2.92. But you have a manual which means you have the SS rear end and associated options (3.45, 3.73, 3.91, so on)
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote