Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #15
TrekGTO

Drives: 05 GTO / JETTA TDI
Let us know how it goes! I’m anxious to see how it fits with that bumper.
TrekGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #16
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS A10
My car is on the lift, going to start on it today.
I work 10-12 hrs a day at work, so I will prob only have time to get the front bumper removed today.
SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
RIP 2016 Camaro SS https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565453
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
NEGXXIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:46 AM   #17
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
My car is on the lift, going to start on it today.
I work 10-12 hrs a day at work, so I will prob only have time to get the front bumper removed today.
How’s it going, big question does Super Chiller mounting clear Bumper Cover. Hendrix is in same situation so a heads up would help. I have considered reversing existing top bracket so Chiller would hang same but farther to rear. Still use horn mount bolt hole but back side. You would need to drill out the 4 SS Rivets and replace them drill frame rail for the lower mounting bolt.

I looked into this for the V6 bumper since it did not clear but never followed through when they eliminated fog lights on V6 SEMA car need went away. The SS just clears that’s what I had to work with last yr when I started on Camaro. I don’t know how much that would change existing pre assembled hoses but nothing we can’t work around. I can make any new hoses you need free exchange. Just let me know what you need glad to help, this will be big help to me and Camaro community since the ZL1 bumper will be a popular upgrade as well as fitting an actual ZL1. Of course if it clears then this is all for not. Have you figured out Green Wire goes to green AC wire or AC relay out put terminal? I think taping green wire looks better.
Trek Out LOL
Old 03-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #18
carbon8

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS,2008 Hayabusa
When you going to put one on a turbo car.

Fastest camaro in OKC
carbon8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #19
NEGXXIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekGTO View Post
How’s it going, big question does Super Chiller mounting clear Bumper Cover. Hendrix is in same situation so a heads up would help. I have considered reversing existing top bracket so Chiller would hang same but farther to rear. Still use horn mount bolt hole but back side. You would need to drill out the 4 SS Rivets and replace them drill frame rail for the lower mounting bolt.

I looked into this for the V6 bumper since it did not clear but never followed through when they eliminated fog lights on V6 SEMA car need went away. The SS just clears that’s what I had to work with last yr when I started on Camaro. I don’t know how much that would change existing pre assembled hoses but nothing we can’t work around. I can make any new hoses you need free exchange. Just let me know what you need glad to help, this will be big help to me and Camaro community since the ZL1 bumper will be a popular upgrade as well as fitting an actual ZL1. Of course if it clears then this is all for not. Have you figured out Green Wire goes to green AC wire or AC relay out put terminal? I think taping green wire looks better.
Trek Out LOL
I tried sliding the chiller box in from the bottom just to see how it was going to fit...and it wouldnt fit at all.
So I went ahead and removed the front bumper cover and mounted the chiller last night where it is designed to go.
Hopefully today I can loosely assemble the front bumper cover back on and see what kind of interference problems I am going to run into then I will know more.
I did for a breif moment think about relocating the chiller box to right behind the front bumper (the actual metal bumper)and in front of the AC condenser... and putting it as far to the passenger side as possible.

I will try to remember to take some pics so that I can describe better what all is going on.
SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
Old 03-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #20
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon8 View Post
When you going to put one on a turbo car.

Fastest camaro in OKC
There are 2 already on the table but they are already water cooled. Another option would be to add a super Chiller after the air to air.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #21
TrekGTO

Quote:
I tried sliding the chiller box in from the bottom just to see how it was going to fit...and it wouldnt fit at all.

I will try to remember to take some pics so that I can describe better what all is going on.
Do you follow what I was saying about mounting to rear? Try holding the Chiller core behind the body panel where horn is mounted. That would be around 4” back. Pics would be great.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #22
carbon8

Does the super chiller cool water, that is pumped through it.

Fastest camaro in OKC
Old 03-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #23
Stark

Drives: fair to good
Quote:
Please post pics!!!
The ZL1 bumper will be a future mod for me and i'd love to see if it's a
"easy" mod or not.
I luv my chiller!!!

Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:10 AM   #24
NEGXXIS

Quote:
Do you follow what I was saying about mounting to rear? Try holding the Chiller core behind the body panel where horn is mounted. That would be around 4” back. Pics would be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark View Post
Please post pics!!!
"easy" mod or not.
I luv my chiller!!!
Ok, things are looking good.
I will try to get some pics up by Monday. Working 7 days a week for the last 2 weeks and 10-12 hrs a day doesnt leave me much "SS" time.LOL
Old 03-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #25
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon8 View Post
Does the super chiller cool water, that is pumped through it.
Fastest camaro in OKC
With air to air you can either convert completely to water to air or add a water to air intercooler in line after the A to A. I like the later if you already have A to A it’s cheaper and you still have A to A when AC is off. Super Chiller provides refrigerated water (via using existing AC) to be pumped through water to air intercooler. Water to air is much more efficient than A to A so parts typically are smaller. Then when you add a Super Chiller results are multiplied several times over.

Quote:
Please post pics!!!
"easy" mod or not.
I luv my chiller!!!
Thanks for the support. I recognize my work on Super Chiller, who did your install and what Super Charger you have? Any comments on IAT or ICWT?
Old 03-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #26
carbon8

What would/should I use for the water pump. Sorry for all the questions.

Fastest camaro in OKC
Old 03-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #27
Stark

Drives: fair to good
Quote:
Thanks for the support. I recognize my work on Super Chiller, who did your install and what Super Charger you have? Any comments on IAT or ICWT?
John Lee @ Atlanta Performance and Fabrication did the install for my 2.8 KB.
On our first test, we heat soaked the car in stop and go traffic for about 20 minutes, the IAT's were around 150 and the water temp was 120. After about four minutes with it running, we saw the IAT's drop down to 109 and the water temps dropped down to 57!! I could tell with the seat of the pants meter that the car had a much better response with the chilled water in 85 degree ambient temps. It's a good system for helping the IAT's stay close to ambient on "HOT" days!
Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #28
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:
John Lee @ Atlanta Performance and Fabrication did the install for my 2.8 KB.
On our first test, we heat soaked the car in stop and go traffic for about 20 minutes, the IAT's were around 150 and the water temp was 120. After about four minutes with it running, we saw the IAT's drop down to 109 and the water temps dropped down to 57!! I could tell with the seat of the pants meter that the car had a much better response with the chilled water in 85 degree ambient temps. It's a good system for helping the IAT's stay close to ambient on "HOT" days!
AWESOME!! Jhons a good dude,make him take you to the kilt lol
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote