Due to a technical issue, all posts made over the past 24-48 hours have been lost. We sincerely apologize for this!!!

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #15
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower5 View Post
i have a L99 (was stock when i raced him) and raced an 03 cobra with borla stinger exhaust - not sure if there were any other mods. he barely got me - and his driving skills are prob average to a little above - talked to him briefly after the race.

so i think you are very inaccurate with saying a bolt on L99 would get murdered by a bolt on cobra. with my bolt-ons im running .4 sec faster than stock. i would take him at this point.
Exhaust only 03 cobra ~400rwhp 3660lbs. Bolt on only can also be considered pulley and tune which is north of 450rwhp.

Vs...L99 car with ~340rwhp and 3900lbs.

No chance in hell unless you beat the driver. Just looking at power to weight you are going to get beat down by almost a second.

And like I said, if hes got a pulley you will get absolutely destroyed. I just rode in one 3 days ago and know for a fact it would take my car @ 435rwhp mustang dyno. Not destroy me...but I am sure it would walk me decent.

You are beating the driver. In most cases on the street an auto car has a huge advantage.

Some more bit of info....Terminators have gone 12.4 stock. .4-.5 tenths faster than the quickest L99. Beat down IMO.

I am no mustang lover or trying to put down the camaro in any way. But I am not going to lie to myself either. Sorry to break it to you man, but thats how I see it.
490RWHP/487RWTQ
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:00 AM   #16
Napper

Drives: 2SS RS A6/ CTS-V A6 LSA
i remeber those days...

i had a bolt on 01 Ws6 at the time...auto with shiftkit gears and stall+ drag radials

It was ugly for the new Terminator..... he initiated the challenge and i responded.

Auto FTW took him hard right out of the hole 6 cars back by 100 mph.

However my auto beat the Driver of the Terminator...this played out even with higher Hp terminator they could not hook with all that torque
L99, ADM RACE CAI, TVS 2300,LG- Headers and X pipe ,catless 3 inch back w/Magnaflows , Ngk plugs,Msd wires,180 stat,Springs ( lowered 1"- looks solidly correct)Sways and endlinks,BMR trailing arms, Slotted rotors and Hawk HPS ,tuned ,Black out bowtie and custom (black)"SS" on sides /midnight rims (8psi)
2010 Raven (triple black.)CTS-v , crank pulley, Bubb CAI , AR Headers, custom catlessback. magnaflows. tune ( 9psi)
former LS7, LS2 and LS1 owner.(Zo6, GTO's, WS6)
Napper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:13 AM   #17
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: Like leaving a bank robbery
Quote:
big difference between an 03/04 cobra vs any other year. the terminator has the s/c. i would hope you would smoke a mid 90s cobra that is stock.

I thought all those 90's Cobras were blown . Sorry I really never took intrest in them. The one I raced did sound supercharged.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:55 PM   #18
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Like all cars some don't run as well as others (with the same rwhp).

I had an 04 STi (tuned with full exhaust). It ran 12.7s in the 1/4 mile. I beat my friends stock 03 Cobra everytime we raced. So not all stock 03 Cobras run mid 12s. Are they capable with the right conditions? Yes

I would say with a full exhaust (Long tube headers) and a tune, you should beat a stock 03/04 Cobra. Once the Cobra owners starts modding, all bets are off.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:16 PM   #19
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADfoot927 View Post
Thee only advantage is a supercharger running 8 psi (stock). Put a supercharger with 8 psi on a camaro and the termnator has no chance in hell.
03 cobras with an aftermarket supercharger and not much else have put down north of 600rwhp. not bad for a lil 4.6 and not even so much as lifting a valve cover!
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #20
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADfoot927 View Post
Thee only advantage is a supercharger running 8 psi (stock). Put a supercharger with 8 psi on a camaro and the termnator has no chance in hell.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

A modded out (LT's, ported heads, pulley, etc) Terminator would still be an extremely hard foe to beat for a blown L99/LS3.

Equal mods for equal mods, a Terminator would still most likely win. Now if the Camaro was fully modded and blown and the Terminator was basically still stock except for a pulley change..then yes..the Terminator would have an extremely hard time.

Lets just be a bit more clear on this, a 03/04 Shelby Cobra Mustang is NOT, NOT NOT NOT NOT (Let me repeat that for the thick headed fanboys, NOT) "just a Mustang". It has one of the best Ford motors made in the last 20 years, is light and very easily modded for incredible power.

Performance wise, Camaro<Terminator.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #21
maxpower5

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Exhaust only 03 cobra ~400rwhp 3660lbs. Bolt on only can also be considered pulley and tune which is north of 450rwhp.

Vs...L99 car with ~340rwhp and 3900lbs.

No chance in hell unless you beat the driver. Just looking at power to weight you are going to get beat down by almost a second.

And like I said, if hes got a pulley you will get absolutely destroyed. I just rode in one 3 days ago and know for a fact it would take my car @ 435rwhp mustang dyno. Not destroy me...but I am sure it would walk me decent.

You are beating the driver. In most cases on the street an auto car has a huge advantage.

Some more bit of info....Terminators have gone 12.4 stock. .4-.5 tenths faster than the quickest L99. Beat down IMO.

I am no mustang lover or trying to put down the camaro in any way. But I am not going to lie to myself either. Sorry to break it to you man, but thats how I see it.
you dont have to apologize - i am well aware of 03/04 cobras - almost bought one. stock ls3 have gone 12.5, so with what you state about time on the cobra, i dont consider .1 sec a big win by any stretch.

and i was just giving you my real world experience - unbiased. take that as you will, but i trust that sometimes more than what i read or research.

could have been multiple factors as to why he barely got me, but i am not aware of those. i am aware of how much quicker my car is now vs stock and know that i would have gotten him on that day if i had the mods.

but whatever - there is always a faster car.
maxpower5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:29 PM   #22
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Well, cobra's bring a big grey area to the table. Stock for stock, ls3 vs cobra should be a very good race. An l99 will have more trouble. When you start talking about bolt ons, it depends where you draw the line. A cobra with just exhaust/intake/tune and NO pulley won't make more than ~415rwhp and would be a good race for most bolt on fifth gens. If you're talking pullied cobras it's a totally different story. Bolt on cobras with ported blowers have made 500+rwhp. My buddy is running a KB 2.6, but he had a steig port and meth before that and he put down over 520rwhp. Honestly, if you line up against a terminator and it doesn't sound stock, I would expect to lose unless you have some decent mods. It's tough to find an 03-04 cobra that isn't pullied these days and even tougher to find stock ones..
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #23
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
you dont have to apologize - i am well aware of 03/04 cobras - almost bought one. stock ls3 have gone 12.5, so with what you state about time on the cobra, i dont consider .1 sec a big win by any stretch.

and i was just giving you my real world experience - unbiased. take that as you will, but i trust that sometimes more than what i read or research.

could have been multiple factors as to why he barely got me, but i am not aware of those. i am aware of how much quicker my car is now vs stock and know that i would have gotten him on that day if i had the mods.

but whatever - there is always a faster car.
reread his post. hes talking Cobra vs. L99
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:21 PM   #24
maxpower5

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
reread his post. hes talking Cobra vs. L99
ah, yes, that is correct. my bad...
maxpower5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:34 PM   #25
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Stock for Stock it would be a close race ... having owned an 04 cobra and knowing how easy it is to get big horsepower .... they get the nod $$/Mod IMO ... I'd say with my car running where it is now (600rwhp) I'd be a good match for my 509rwhp 04 cobra ..

Also, build quality on the 04 cobra was a lot better than the 2010 Camaro I have now ... it is amazing what Ford has done with those and the newer cars ..

Crowley
Old 10-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #26
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
lol, 509? Any particular reason you chose that #?
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #27
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
lol, 509? Any particular reason you chose that #?
I'm guessing thats what his car dyno'd at? Doesnt sound like a "pulled out of thin air" number
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #28
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: Like leaving a bank robbery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about.

A modded out (LT's, ported heads, pulley, etc) Terminator would still be an extremely hard foe to beat for a blown L99/LS3.

Equal mods for equal mods, a Terminator would still most likely win. Now if the Camaro was fully modded and blown and the Terminator was basically still stock except for a pulley change..then yes..the Terminator would have an extremely hard time.

Lets just be a bit more clear on this, a 03/04 Shelby Cobra Mustang is NOT, NOT NOT NOT NOT (Let me repeat that for the thick headed fanboys, NOT) "just a Mustang". It has one of the best Ford motors made in the last 20 years, is light and very easily modded for incredible power.

Performance wise, Camaro<Terminator.

It's still a Mustang.